Who keeps the original exemption form from the state? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter
Crazybean's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 593
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I got a religious exemption for my son and didn't think twice about handing over that precious blue paper with the official seal ect... Now, we are changing schools since we moved and I NEED the form.  Can I ask for the original back and they make a copy?  If this common information?  What should I do?

Crazybean is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 PM
ma2two's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

It depends on the state, but there's a good chance the exemption form is supposed to move with your child to each school. If so, you should ask for it back. What state are you in ?

ma2two is offline  
Old 12-17-2011, 02:47 PM
member234098's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Behind you.
Posts: 3,242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


member234098 is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Shelling's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I cannot tell you how many times the school will claim they "lost it." This happens often when the child moves from elementary to Junior High, middle school. Try right away to get the original-before (if possible) they find out you are moving. Do not first tell them you are moving. Get notarized copies with raised seals. The best to you, Shell

Shelling is offline  

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off