hello ladies! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-16-2011, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

just here to show my support! i had the good fortune to grow up in a non-vaxing family and now i have a 5 month old, completely un-vaxed baby girl, abigail.

id like to think im a pretty green, or crunchy, person. and although i dont currently cloth diapers, i use eco-friendly diapers [seventh generation rocks!]. i use natural or organic products and food, especially for baby. i had a hospital birth, but intervention free and no epidural or pitocen! i dont have many friends who share my unconventional views, let alone friends that have kids. i would love to get to know you ladies better, and maybe there may be some of you that live in good ol' washington state?

#2 of 5 Old 12-17-2011, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Welcome!! Glad to have you onboard!

#3 of 5 Old 12-17-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfybaby View Post

just here to show my support! i had the good fortune to grow up in a non-vaxing family and now i have a 5 month old, completely un-vaxed baby girl, abigail.

Welcome!

My grandmother refused to vax and had her 3 kids at home (and no, it was not the norm at the time).  My mother had 3 kids - in hospital, fully vaxed, etc, and now I have 3 kids - 2 midwife births, one at home.  No vaccines (save for my oldest who got a few before I rethought things).  I think in my case crunchiness skipped a generation, lol.  I actually think it is more caution and questioning of some aspects of western medicine rather than crunchiness.  My mainstream mother rocks, though, as did my questioning/crunchy grandmother. 

#4 of 5 Old 12-18-2011, 03:54 PM

#5 of 5 Old 12-21-2011, 12:56 AM

Welcome! I live on the other side of the country from you but glad to "meet" the like minded here. It's funny, I feel like compared to the people I hear from on this website I am just a little bit crunchy but compared to the people in my real life I am the total granola  ;-) I had my 1st baby in the hospital, took Bradley classes but unfortunately got induced (on Pitocin without an epidural. May I say "ouch") into a C-S but my second baby was non-medicated, partially hypnobabied VBAC.

I think Mothering has changed the way I parent for the good. I would never had considered not circumsing my son, or delaying vaccinations, or cloth diapering  otherwise. There are so many good examples here and help when you run into problems.

Hope you like it here as much as I do!

ETA: Try looking in the "Find My Tribe" area of the message boards to see if there are any of us near you

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page