HELP New Job wanting Hep shot - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Should he be vaxed for hep if he works the plumbing profession?
yes 2 50.00%
no 3 75.00%
what are his risks if he decides to not vax for hep? 4 100.00%
Or should he only worry about hep if he shows symptoms then get the shot or treatment? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-30-2011, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

He has a exemption card so that should not even be a problem, but I am more worried for his safety. My son who is 19 whom mostly is non vaxed as I learned over the years about vax. Anyways he is now working a new plumbing job and they came to him and told him they needed him to get his hep shot.  Can anyone give me info or opinions as to if this is really a good idea?  From what I read as long as he doesn't get poked with a dirty needle or get crap on him which I am sure sometimes can be hard to not do so I don't really know how to advise him.  Thanks in advance.

#2 of 7 Old 01-02-2012, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Is it Hep B or Hep A?  If it's Hep B, I would just because as a plumber you might be exposed to bodily fluids.  Seriously gross!  Last time the plumber was at our house he opened the pipe outside trying to relieve pressure from something that was stuck in a pipe and that Shyte flew into his face... and it wasn't just water!  That could make anyone sick but the Hep B shot is on my list of shots I agree with.  

#3 of 7 Old 01-05-2012, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

He would be much more likely to be infected with Hep A as a plumber than Hep B. Exposure to crap (which is most likely what he would be exposed to as a plumber) is a concern for Hep A, not Hep B.

I wouldn't get it (either one) if I was a plumber but thats just me...Ive had the Hep B shot before I knew anything about vaccines. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, this vaccine has negatively affected my health in a myriad of ways I wont get into here.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#4 of 7 Old 01-07-2012, 08:59 AM

I would decline. I was more at risk working in a hospital and nursing home. I agreed to the vaccine and it resulted in injury. I was no longer able to work as a result of the vaccine injury. Will his workplace compensate him if he is injured? They will probably have him sign a waiver that THEY are not responsible for any vax related injury.

There is always a risk.He will have to weigh in on what is best for him.If he does get the vaccine be sure he gets the lot number.If there are any health related issues that crop up he will need it.I  did not have any problem till the second shot,and then I declined the third.

#5 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Thank all of you for your needed advice. I am so sorry the shot resulted in an injury for some if you. :0(
#6 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

OMG I just read my post and this phone is so smart that instead of shot it put what they really are! Lol I looked to see how to edit my post above I can't figure it out ;0( hope I don't get in trouble with the forum admins on here.
#7 of 7 Old 02-26-2012, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Figured it out thank goodness! Too funny!!!!

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page