Deadly Diseases Making a Come-Back because of Unvaxed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 12-31-2011, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://news.opb.org/article/deadly_diseases_creep_back_as_parents_hesitate_to_immunize/

What do you think?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#2 of 27 Old 12-31-2011, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Not much.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/mmwr_wk.html

210 cases of measles in the US out of 300 million people.   god, I think I have better chances with a mega lottery.   but that doesn't make for 'good' press.  fear drives newspapers etc.

Anyway, I'm old, I remember childhood diseases when they were childhood diseases. 

"Hey where was Kurt today?"   "He's home with the measles."

A week later kid would return having spent a week at home where he watched too much tv.

the end.

here's a link that you may find helpful.  

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/57794/the-other-vax-information

I used to hang out in vaccinations forum years ago when my son was a baby. he's now 10.

we skipped all vaccines and live in Los Angeles, in a 'port town' 'gateway to all people' we ride public transportation all the time (yes, there are subways in LA) and we have not had any issues.  I did my research when he was younger and skipped vaxes and nothing has emerged that would change my opinion.

there is a lot of fear out there that is full of smoke and mirrrors.   Do your research and you'll see what I'm talking about.

iggaboo, purslaine, nia82 and 2 others like this.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#3 of 27 Old 12-31-2011, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I find it to be a repetetive fear-mongering article, that only portrays part of the problem, and doesn't  tell the REAL story of whats going on out there. There are many misguided ideas in the entire article, and things like that are only a medium for the sheeple who can't think for themselves, and rely on stats being used for the last 100years to promote vaccinating.   Most of these kinds of articles have the same links in all of them, repeating the same stats over and over, on the same stories,  with no real progress being made to address WHY parents are opting out more and more.  It seems to me all non-vaxing parents are being lumped into the same category, which they portray ours as fear and ignorance over vaccines,  but in some cases, like mine, its a religious choice.   No one ever mentions the animal and human dna in them, or even addresses the concerns about them in vaccines. No one ever seems to want to dissect the ingredients in vaccines, and publish an article about them and what happens to the body when injected.  Don't you think parents would be interested to know that? 

purslaine and BeckyBird like this.
#4 of 27 Old 12-31-2011, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

lol.gif Tracy. It doesn't scare me. It irritates me for the reasons both of you have said. It's so one-sided and fear-mongering. Well, it does make me afraid of one thing, that the governments will eventually succeed in taking away any choice we have in the matter. I fear the day that we are all rounded up and forcibly vaxed against our wills.
BeckyBird and Bokonon like this.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#5 of 27 Old 12-31-2011, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

My brother got measles when he was 8... for some reason he didn't die from it... Oh I know, we had a clean home with running water.  I have no idea when they started vaccinating from it, but honestly I think this is overkill.

#6 of 27 Old 12-31-2011, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

I have no idea when they started vaccinating from it, but honestly I think this is overkill.

one thing that disturbs is more and more news about "new" diseases cropping up that are either mutated or similar strains to the viruses and bacteria we are trying to erradicate. there will always be something. it's the natural order of things. humans are not meant to live forever, completely disease free.

#7 of 27 Old 01-01-2012, 09:38 PM

I think that they do not provide the whole truth here as they don't sooo many times. I never worried about vaccines until my so had a reaction so severe that he had seizures and a fever of over 105.7. Once I realized there were other options, I took them and he and my girls have not been vaccinated since. Too many are so willing to "go with the flow" as I was. And there have already been cases where they have forcibly rounded up children and vaccinated them, telling parents they will go to jail and be charged with various things.

Mom to 2 girls and a boy,jumpers.gif saynovax.gif adoptionheart-1.gif I am adopted!!cd.gifJust started a month ago!I am a Medical AssistantBFPChart2.gif.My hubby Ry is the AWESOMEST!! jammin.gif

#8 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3loverof1 View Post

I think that they do not provide the whole truth here as they don't sooo many times. I never worried about vaccines until my so had a reaction so severe that he had seizures and a fever of over 105.7. Once I realized there were other options, I took them and he and my girls have not been vaccinated since. Too many are so willing to "go with the flow" as I was. And there have already been cases where they have forcibly rounded up children and vaccinated them, telling parents they will go to jail and be charged with various things.

i know over in africa they are rounding up kids and vaxing them,  and jailing parents, but over here?? Where has that happened? Do you have any links supporting this?  

member234098 likes this.
#9 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 06:03 AM

I have read the jail threats to. Mostly just social workers,doctors,nurses that try this tactic with parents to get them to vaccinate. Some do vax out of fear.Schools do this jail threat along with keeping kids out of school,and ofcourse do not mention exemptions.

Some kids get pulled from homes,and while in state care might get vaxed. It happens. I never got a jail threat,but I was told VERY strongly by doctors that my newborn would DIE if she was not given the hepB vaccine.

#10 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 06:41 AM

Journalists are not as good as people think. And they have no interest in portraying the problems with vaccinations or side effects or even say that they don't work 100%. You see, professionals seem to believe that if parents and people have all the information, they might not line up like good little sheeple and get all their vaccinations, and we can't have that now, can we? ;) I have heard of a ped who said to parents that he doesn't keep package inserts because when parents read them they don't want to vaccinate and that is just not acceptable. Information is out there in the internet now, but before it was reserved for doctors/CDC/you name it only.

member234098 likes this.
#11 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

so far, i have not had any trouble with not vaxing. i've had to apply for SSNs for 2 of my children because the person at the health department didn't check the correct boxes on the form. the SS office said they required shot records. when i said we don't vax, no one missed a beat and told me to just bring a copy of something from his doctor to verify his identity.

i've been investigated by CPS because i had my 3rd child at home. the social worker told me that i am not required by any law to get medical treatment for my children unless they are seriously sick or injured and in need of treatment. i have had a few people say that they would need vaxes for school in a semi-threatening tone (one pediatrician, i believe) but they stop quick when i say we homeschool. although, in my state, even homeschoolers are required to keep vax records or an exemption statement on file for inspection by a state rep. there are ways around that, too.

i'm afraid that, as there is more and more skewed media coverage about the dangers of parents not vaxing their kids, there will be a huge push from the mainstream to forcibly vax everyone. the mainstream does not believe the few alternative news reports about the dangers and ineffectiveness of vaxes. they only want to hear and read that they did the right thing by vaxing their kids.

I'm just sick of the fear mongering. I did read a news article yesterday about a man who had an adverse reaction to a vaccination on an airplane and caused a dangerous situation. Of course, the article only mentioned in one short sentence that it was a vaccine reaction. There was no elaboration or further explanation about that. What vaccine? What was the specific reaction? Was there anything about this person that predisposed him to have a serious reaction? More info on that would have been nice.

#12 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)

http://www.naturalnews.com/022242.html

Parents threatened with jail time for not vaccinating children.

Man, they'll try anything to get us to vaccinate! The harder they push, the more people will question why. This might inspire parents do do some research.

member234098 likes this.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#13 of 27 Old 01-02-2012, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

http://www.naturalnews.com/022242.html

Parents threatened with jail time for not vaccinating children.

Man, they'll try anything to get us to vaccinate! The harder they push, the more people will question why. This might inspire parents do do some research.

i remember reading about that a while ago. has there been any follow up? do you know the outcome?

member234098 likes this.

#14 of 27 Old 01-03-2012, 12:42 AM

Devaskyla likes this.
#15 of 27 Old 01-03-2012, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

I did have one problem recently, actually, I think. I took my 5 month old to the ER late at night because he was having a lot of trouble breathing. He had stridor and his chest was retracting a lot. While treating him for the breathing trouble, the doc wanted to get some blood work. Routine, except that no one could get any blood out of my baby. They eventually caught some dripping from his foot from the last place that had tried to get it in a sterile syringe. His breathing got much better so we came home after being there from about 9 pm to 4 am while they observed him and decided whether or not he should be admitted. He was fine at home. No signs of infection and his breathing was getting better and better all the time.

I got a call the next day around 5 pm from the ER doc saying I had to bring him back right away. He had bacteremia, a bacterial blood infection, and would need IV antibiotics and have to be admitted to the hospital for possibly several days. I was in a panic but I also thought it was kind of strange because he didn't act like he had any kind of infection, much less a blood infection. I was a little scared that they were going to admit him and then keep him and try to say I was medically neglectful for not having him vaxed. I know that's extreme but I've read about doctors doing that. After getting to the ER, the doc decided he didn't need to be admitted or need IV antibiotics but she still wanted to give him an antibiotic injection because this disease was very serious. They tried to get blood again but, again, couldn't get any. We stayed another 5 hours or so that night.

The ER doc said to me that this was just the type of disease that vaccines like Prevnar prevent. The implication being that, if he had had his vaxes, we wouldn't be going through any of that. In further discussion, it was revealed that the blood had probably been contaminated from the way it had been collected directly from his foot. The bacteria seen growing in his blood appeared to be a normal skin bacteria like staph or strep. When I took my baby to his pediatrician the next day for a follow up, she said she seriously doubted he had any blood disease since he didn't appear sick at all. He was only a little wheezy and possibly had an ear infection. She sent us home with a nebulizer.

So, my 5 month old baby was subjected to the drama of multiple needle sticks while trying to get blood from him and a shot in each thigh of an antibiotic that he did not need. He has since had a horrible diaper rash, which he's never had before. All of that because someone contaminated his original blood sample and a doc got it in her head that he must have this disease because he was not vaxed. She didn't once stop to look at the patient and assess his whole self the way the pediatrician did. I have filed a complaint with the hospital (a Naval hospital) and am waiting for a response.

#16 of 27 Old 01-03-2012, 06:51 AM

that link is old, and it appears they were targeting the lazy parents who didn't want to do anything to make sure their child was exempted or caught up.  They went door to door in Cali trying to find students not caught up on their dtap shot, and they only did that because too many absent students makes the schools lose federal funding.  The point being, no one is the USA has been jailed  due to nonvax status, and unless our choices are taken away, i don't see that happening here in our country anytime soon.

Quote:
 And there have already been cases where they have forcibly rounded up children and vaccinated them, telling parents they will go to jail and be charged with various things.

and it is the uniformed parents who's kids were rounded up and vaccinated.  An informed parent wouldn't have had to go through that at all because their child would have been already exempted.   

#17 of 27 Old 01-03-2012, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

that link is old, and it appears they were targeting the lazy parents who didn't want to do anything to make sure their child was exempted or caught up.

that's what i got from that. they weren't forcing families who had filed exemptions to vax their kids. they were rounding up families who had been vaxing their kids but had gotten lax about staying on schedule for school attendance.

but with all the biased, fear-mongering publicity against the non-vaxers, it may not be long before they try to force everyone. most politicians don't understand the science and, therefore, have to rely on what others (with a possible agendas) tells them.

#18 of 27 Old 01-03-2012, 09:22 AM

#19 of 27 Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

i remember reading about that a while ago. has there been any follow up? do you know the outcome?

I believe it came out, like it always does, that there were waivers available. I don't think anything happened to the people who mislead the public into vaccinating though.

This always happens...look up how Rick Perry mislead the public into vaccinating for HPV. This will continue to happen over and over again.

member234098 likes this.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#20 of 27 Old 04-23-2012, 03:24 PM

Recently my whole family has had pertusis (Whooping cough). It is the one thing we all had the vax for.I refused the other vaccinations,but felt pressured to get the whooping cough vaccine because it was always "going around" when my babies were little.I waited til they were older(6 months),but still had them vaccinated.

Clearly it didn't prevent us from the disease. And furthermore, I was told that it was a "new" strain of whooping cough, so the vaccine didn't help.But also told we were lucky to have a "milder" case because of the vaccine. What a load of rubbish.We all coughed for three months straight! But we are all fine. It was an annoying cough,and my 3 year old was worst affected,but we are all okay.I seriously doubt that it was the "fault" of unvaccinated folk that this new strain got spread around.

BeckyBird likes this.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#21 of 27 Old 04-23-2012, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumblossom View Post

But also told we were lucky to have a "milder" case because of the vaccine.

I hear this A LOT.  At the risk of thread-jacking, has anybody ever provided data to back up this claim?  Or just anecdotes?  What studies have been conducted on vaccinated v. unvaccinated individuals with whooping cough?  How do they operationally define and measure "mildness" and "severity?"  All questions worth asking....

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#22 of 27 Old 04-23-2012, 07:47 PM

Lol, so true. A milder case....just take their word for it.

Would someone with a "milder case" transmit the same "milder case" to an infant? Or, is it only "milder" for the vaccinated person? Considering how we are all urged to vaccinate to protect the young and weak, this vaccine is really not doing much to prevent transmission.

#23 of 27 Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

Lol, so true. A milder case....just take their word for it.

Would someone with a "milder case" transmit the same "milder case" to an infant? Or, is it only "milder" for the vaccinated person? Considering how we are all urged to vaccinate to protect the young and weak, this vaccine is really not doing much to prevent transmission.

In a milder case, there's less of a risk of transmission because the person is coughing less and/or for a shorter period of time. 

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/37/6/772.long This study looked at children and found that vaccinated children who did get pertussis had shorter, less severe cases. 

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#24 of 27 Old 04-24-2012, 02:41 PM

I was joking about the milder case--gumblossom's family obviously did not have a mild case,  yet they were told they had a mild case.

With their "mild case" as the doctors described it, they still coughed for weeks. How is that for preventing transmission?

Katie, I copied this from your link:

We estimated the effectiveness of pertussis vaccination in reducing the clinical severity of breakthrough disease among vaccinated individuals from a comprehensive follow-up study of a community of 30,000 residents of Niakhar, Senegal, in 1993.

#25 of 27 Old 04-24-2012, 03:29 PM

Yes, our "mild case" had us literally coughing for three months.My three year old son had the classic "whoop" sound when he coughed at night,and would often struggle for breath whilst coughing at night.That didn't seem all that mild! But,maybe it could have been worse?At the earlier stages of the disease,the doctor we saw reassured us it wasn't Whooping cough because we'd been vaccinated.We were told it was just a cough that sounded like whooping cough.It was near Christmas time,and we kept socializing - spreading our germs around,no doubt.Luckily we didn't come into close contact with small babies during that time. It wasn't until later that we were diagnosed with Pertusis.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#26 of 27 Old 04-24-2012, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

I was joking about the milder case--gumblossom's family obviously did not have a mild case,  yet they were told they had a mild case.

With their "mild case" as the doctors described it, they still coughed for weeks. How is that for preventing transmission?

Who knows how severe their cases would have been if they had not had the vaccine? How could it have prevented transmission if they were still coughing for weeks? It might have decreased the risk of transmission by the bacterial load being lower, the coughing less violent. As for spreading germs around when you thought it wasn't pertussis, doesn't common sense tell you to keep your kids from large crowds when they're sick? Anyway, you're right, your doctor didn't seem to be using any objective criteria to label your case "milder". If your case WASN'T milder, it still doesn't mean that on the whole, looking at a population, people tend to have less severe cases of pertussis if they do get it despite being vaccinated. Does everyone who gets pertussis despite being vaccinated get a milder version of the illness? No.

Katie, I copied this from your link:

We estimated the effectiveness of pertussis vaccination in reducing the clinical severity of breakthrough disease among vaccinated individuals from a comprehensive follow-up study of a community of 30,000 residents of Niakhar, Senegal, in 1993.

Yes?

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

#27 of 27 Old 04-26-2012, 10:09 PM

They aren't coming back, they're just being diagnosed properly more often. I suspect because of all the media fear mongering from the recent pertussis outbreaks.

I read this article today that I think is relevant http://vactruth.com/2012/04/25/change-names-of-diseases/?utm_source=The+Vaccine+Truth+Newsletter&utm_campaign=5ec9b4eeb5-04_25_2012_Rename_Diseases&utm_medium=email  When the vaccine is introduced, suddenly no one who's been vaccinated has that disease anymore, they have a completely different disease that just happens to resemble the previous disease.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page