For the Herd's Sake, Vaccinate - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 94 Old 01-11-2012, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattemma04 View Post

I would not vaccinate my child for herd sake. I would not risk a vaccine injury for the sake of someone elses child.When injury or death occurs people just walk away and leave you to deal with it.

That's just it. It boils down to competing sets of ethics. I, as a parent, will decide what types of risks I am willing or not willing to accept for my children. And I, as a parent, will decide if I'm willing to assume any risks--no matter how large or small--for "the greater good." (FWIW, I've personally chosen an alternative schedule). But I will NOT allow any doctor or papa bear paternalists sitting in Congress or the state health department to impose their utilitarian ethics on my family.
BeckyBird, Bokonon and Imakcerka like this.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 94 Old 01-15-2012, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am sorry, and maybe this is selfish, I will never again worry about "the herd". After my son had a severe life altering reaction, all I take the time to worry about is my family and friends.What others chose to do is their business and issue. I will not allow anyone else to tell me what I am and am not to do with my children. 

BeckyBird likes this.

Mom to 2 girls and a boy,jumpers.gif saynovax.gif adoptionheart-1.gif I am adopted!!cd.gifJust started a month ago!I am a Medical AssistantBFPChart2.gif.My hubby Ry is the AWESOMEST!! jammin.gif

#93 of 94 Old 01-15-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3loverof1 View Post

I am sorry, and maybe this is selfish, I will never again worry about "the herd". After my son had a severe life altering reaction, all I take the time to worry about is my family and friends.What others chose to do is their business and issue. I will not allow anyone else to tell me what I am and am not to do with my children. 

I don't think the word selfish is even applicable.  The herd doesn't care about your child and certainly won't care for it in the case of an adverse reaction.  And since when is the individual so irrelevant?  This is not a communist society.

hug2.gif to you and your son.

purslaine, BeckyBird and Imakcerka like this.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#94 of 94 Old 01-16-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlec View Post

I know this thread has gotten off topic, but I have a question for those who vaccinate for the herd...if YOUR child suffered a lifelong or deadly vaccine reaction, would you still vaccinate subsequent children for the benefit of the "herd"? I find that a lot of people who vaccinate will sometimes acknowledge that there are risks, but "the benefits outweigh the risks" and "the adverse reactions are RARE". It seems like they just believe it can't/won't happen to their child. But what if it did? What if your precious baby were either never the same or they died directly from a vaccine. How would you feel about the "herd" then? I honestly want to know. Would you chalk that up to your child just taking one for the team?

Any person in their right mind who care about their own children would say No! But there are soo many that sincerely be live that vaccines DO NOT cause side affects and death! They are not getting or ignoring that "those rare occasions of reaction" are happening more and more. I personally know a family like this, and they have tried everything under the sun modern meds have to offer to no avail. They are devastated,but STILL refuse to try more natural things and refuse to listen to things I suggest. She is very angry that her child is "taking one for the team", but ultimately it was and is her decision.

Mom to 2 girls and a boy,jumpers.gif saynovax.gif adoptionheart-1.gif I am adopted!!cd.gifJust started a month ago!I am a Medical AssistantBFPChart2.gif.My hubby Ry is the AWESOMEST!! jammin.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page