Post-Gardasil Syndrome - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 87 Old 01-18-2012, 01:10 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Handing VIS sheets to parents does not equal informed consent. There are no federal laws governing informed consent when it comes to vaccines. Some states may have them, you'd have to check out each state individually...Only a law (put into effect after the 1986 vaccine injury compensation law) to hand out the sheets - this is the problem because I am of the opinion that the VIS do not provide a parent with enough balanced information to make an informed choice.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer Beater View Post



No, I do not think a 12 year old is capable of informed consent.

 

I think parents are capable of informed consent, even if doctors are scary and work in big buildings. Life is scary and complicated, and vax isn't the only hard decision parents have to educate themselves about. You'd have to live under a rock these days not to know that people are talking about vax, that there is contoversy. If folks put their head in the sand, then what?

 

You are giving me the same non-answer- parents don't know, parents are intimidated, etc.

 

Okay, what would informed consent look like to you anywhere, with anyone? What steps need to be taken to make sure parents know the pros and cons of the situation?

 



 

member234098 likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#62 of 87 Old 01-18-2012, 01:24 PM
 
Storm Bride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 27,300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokonon View Post

 



I don't remember signing anything for my kids' shots, and certainly not one signature for each vaccine given - that would be 5 or 6 for each of the first few WBVs, wouldn't it?  



I'm in Canada, not the US, but I don't remember ever signing a consent for my kids. (DD2 hasn't had any vaxes, but ds1 was fully vaxed - much, much smaller schedule then! - and dd1 and ds2 have both been partially vaxed.) I verbally gave or refused consent, but there was never any paperwork.

 

ETA: The VIS you guys are talking about. Am I understanding that they're handed out before the vax is given? I'm just trying to get a handle on how things work in the US. I've had those sheets, but they're basically "your child may develop a fever, or spot at the injection site - don't worry about it. If they have blah-blah-blah (I don't recall the specifics, as I haven't taken any of my kids in for....4.5 years or so), or you have any concerns, contact your doctor". But, those sheets are handed out after the shots, and I don't think I every got any that were vaccine specific. They were just a generic "your child just had a vax" thing.

member234098 likes this.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Storm Bride is offline  
#63 of 87 Old 01-18-2012, 03:04 PM
 
Honey693's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer Beater View Post



I have had to sign a form each time for each vaccine. Is this not a standard?

 

 



It's not here.  I have never signed for one, but my doctor does talk about the ones we're doing, reasons we are or aren't getting certain ones, and I get the info sheets for each one every time.


obstruct livery vehicles

Honey693 is offline  
#64 of 87 Old 01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
 
Buzzer Beater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam View Post

 

 

You seem to be here to make fun of a serious subject, ... why?  Vaccine reactions are real and serious. 

 

Doctors are scary and intimidating. Big buildings come from big money, power and confidence in a system.  

 

I am sure you know that, but choose instead to make fun of a serious point that involves people's lives. 

 

Gardasil® How was it studied 

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2…

http://www.pharmalot.com/2012/01/what-da…

 



I'm really not making fun of the subject. I do believe vaccine reactions are real and can be serious. It's why I've made difficult choices with dh for our second child. That's not what you and I were talking about.

 

Several posters here have said that the system does not provide parents with enough information for informed consent, and I have asked several times in several ways what that might look like. (I suggested that VIS sheets would let people know what vaccines they were getting for their child, not that handing them out equals informed consent.)

 

You keep repeating "reasons" why parents don't question doctors...

 

I gave informed consent and I would love it if everyone could. It is a serious question- what can the system, or somebody outside the system, do to provide parents with the skills and knowledge to make this decision. Both sides of the vax story are out there. How can you make sure parents have them?

 

 

 

Buzzer Beater is offline  
#65 of 87 Old 01-18-2012, 03:24 PM
 
Bokonon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer Beater View Post



I'm really not making fun of the subject. I do believe vaccine reactions are real and can be serious. It's why I've made difficult choices with dh for our second child. That's not what you and I were talking about.

 

Several posters here have said that the system does not provide parents with enough information for informed consent, and I have asked several times in several ways what that might look like. (I suggested that VIS sheets would let people know what vaccines they were getting for their child, not that handing them out equals informed consent.)

 

You keep repeating "reasons" why parents don't question doctors...

 

I gave informed consent and I would love it if everyone could. It is a serious question- what can the system, or somebody outside the system, do to provide parents with the skills and knowledge to make this decision. Both sides of the vax story are out there. How can you make sure parents have them?

 

 

 


I believe that part of informed consent is also understanding that vaccines are optional.  Most doctors don't provide that information, and yes, it is a parent's responsibility to educate themselves, but when you have been told repeatedly the typical pro-vax lip service, including that your child NEEDS to be vaccinated or they cannot attend school, then it doesn't really matter what the hypothetical consequences of vaccinating are.  It's an authoritarian, do it or we'll spank you kind of system.  And at the end of the day, it's also a do it or we'll spank you, and then turn our backs when your child has a vaccine injury system - by law no less!

 

member234098 and nia82 like this.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Bokonon is offline  
#66 of 87 Old 01-19-2012, 05:50 AM
 
JavaJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have lived in 3 different states, have four children, and have taken those children to 6 separate pediatric practices over the years(from 1997 to the present) for vaccines. I have had to sign for every single vaccine, and have been given the VIS for every single vaccine.

 

JavaJunkie is offline  
#67 of 87 Old 01-19-2012, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter
 
Imakcerka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

In my experience, in the military.  I didn't sign anything at the clinic.  I took my kids the gave them their shots and a sticker.  Everytime I got a new print out to reflect their current vaccinations.  Nothing else. Nothing signed by me.

Imakcerka is offline  
#68 of 87 Old 01-19-2012, 08:26 AM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,954
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yup, same here, no VIS sheets, no consent forms - this is at 2 different military clinics and 3 different doctor's offices (pediatric, in WY and CA). the base hands out a flyer stressing the importance of vaccines and to give the child TYlenol before and after shots. That's it. The civilians don't even give any sheets, nothing to sign, nada. Same goes for adult vaccines, when I had them in NH and NC, no sheets, no consent forms, no nothing. This was all between 2006 and 2012!

nia82 is offline  
#69 of 87 Old 01-20-2012, 12:32 PM
 
member234098's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Behind you.
Posts: 3,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

.

member234098 is offline  
#70 of 87 Old 01-20-2012, 01:25 PM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)


Quote:


Interesting that they brought up "mass hysteria."

http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/history/ergot.htm

 

Ergot Poisoning - the cause of the Salem Witch Trials

 
member234098 likes this.
Taximom5 is online now  
#71 of 87 Old 01-20-2012, 03:33 PM
 
member234098's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Behind you.
Posts: 3,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

.

member234098 is offline  
#72 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 06:19 AM
 
ammiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would also say the same about you. On the one hand, you say that VAERS is an unreliable source and shouldn't be taken as fact. You truly minimize the system, even showing how someone can turn into the Incredible Hulk by getting a certain vaccine. Then you tell someone to go and post her experiences there. Why bother? The system is minimized by doctors, and said to be an unreliable source of information. Sure, you might tell people to look there or even report a problem, but then you turn around and say we can't trust what we read there.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post


That's why I've written this.  If few people know they can report a reaction, hopefully I've made some aware now that they can.  Yet, you called me cavalier and flippant for telling Taximom that she can report a reaction herself.  I can't win with you, can I?

 

The vaccine info sheet given has the VAERs information on it.  As for parents not knowing what vaccines their child gets at any one visit, I can't place the blame of that on anyone but the parents.  They sign the consent and at least a my ped's office, it gets written down on a card that I get a copy of.  It's the doctor's responsibility to give the information to the patient- what the patient then does with that information is up to them.

 

You still haven't told me who doctors will get in trouble with by reporting vaccine reactions.  And what kind of trouble are we talking about here, anyway?

 



 

member234098, Marnica and Bokonon like this.
ammiga is offline  
#73 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 08:09 AM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam View Post

I know.  That came to my mind too.  I doubt there is much rye flour in that town, though.  Just a guess.



My point is not that we should be looking for ergot poisoning, but that what the magazine held up as an example of mass hysteria WASN'T MASS HYSTERIA. There was something truly chemical--WITHOUT A PSYCHOLOGICAL ORIGIN--going on there.

 

I believe the same is likely to be true with the girls in NY.

 

Until we hear convincing evidence that recent vaccines, such as Gardasil and the flu shot, have been ruled out as a common denominator, that would be my first guess.

 

My second guess would be something similar to ergot poisoning, in something they would have all eaten or drank.

 

My third guess would be that they were all experimenting with the same drugs.

member234098 and applejuice like this.
Taximom5 is online now  
#74 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 08:16 AM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammiga View Post

I would also say the same about you. On the one hand, you say that VAERS is an unreliable source and shouldn't be taken as fact. You truly minimize the system, even showing how someone can turn into the Incredible Hulk by getting a certain vaccine. Then you tell someone to go and post her experiences there. Why bother? The system is minimized by doctors, and said to be an unreliable source of information. Sure, you might tell people to look there or even report a problem, but then you turn around and say we can't trust what we read there.
 



 


Not at all.  I have not said that VAERS is an unreliable source, I simply said that things reported to it have not been proven.  Here is the exact exchange:

 

 

 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3loverof1 View Post

I will look it up ,but there have been something to the tune of 197 Gardasil deaths that have been proven and reported to VAERS. Or are you looking for ones who haven't died but had an adverse reaction?



 

Just because something is in VAERS does not mean it has been proven. It is a passive reporting system- anyone can report anything. One guy reported that a vaccine turned him into the Incredible Hulk- that made it into the database. He writes about it here. neurodiversity.com/weblog/article/14/

 

The only thing I was stating was that things reported to it are not facts, just reports.  I think VAERS is very valuable.  It is an early warning system.  As a matter of fact, it is how problems with the first rotavirus vaccines were picked up.  However, I while I would recommend that someone report an adverse effect to VAERS, I would not recommend that they look there as a source for information, since it is just raw data.

 

WildKingdom is offline  
#75 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 08:18 AM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ammiga View Post

I would also say the same about you. On the one hand, you say that VAERS is an unreliable source and shouldn't be taken as fact. You truly minimize the system, even showing how someone can turn into the Incredible Hulk by getting a certain vaccine. Then you tell someone to go and post her experiences there. Why bother? The system is minimized by doctors, and said to be an unreliable source of information. Sure, you might tell people to look there or even report a problem, but then you turn around and say we can't trust what we read there.
 



 



I have to say, I agree.  

 

WildKingdom--how is it helpful and supportive to tell me I can report a reaction myself, when doctors like you dismiss any reaction not reported by a doctor?

 

I've actually been through this with FRIENDS who are doctors, who roll their eyes when I tell them that my child had a seizure reaction to vaccines.  They only stop rolling them when I tell them that both the pediatrician and the neurologist said it was a seizure reaction. Then they sit up and listen.  And these are my FRIENDS, who know me, know I'm well-educated, am extremely unlikely to over-react, and that if anything, I am more likely NOT to call the doctor than to call in unnecessarily.  But their knee-jerk reaction is, if I'm blaming vaccines for ANYTHING, I've got to be desperately grasping at straws.

 

I'd ask, "what does it take for a doctor to recognize that parents are actually telling the truth about their childrens' vaccine reactions?"  But I already know the answer.  Most of you won't "get it" until it's your own child who is reacting.

 

I know I didn't "get it" until it was my child.

Taximom5 is online now  
#76 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 AM
 
WildKingdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Taximom- please read my above post.  I think we cross-posted.  Again, I do not dismiss any reaction not reported by a doctor, and I do not see where I've ever said that.

WildKingdom is offline  
#77 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 08:27 AM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer Beater View Post



 

 

Several posters here have said that the system does not provide parents with enough information for informed consent, and I have asked several times in several ways what that might look like. 


In my case, I was given a form that ONLY listed soreness, redness, fever, and irritability as possible side effects.  They got around the legal issues by writing it as "side effects include..." which leaves the door open to anything.

 

I was NOT told that side effects included seizures.


When my child had a seizure reaction, I called in; the nurse told me that vaccines don't cause serious problems, and that I was a hysterical new mom, over-reacting to a "little fussiness."

 

My experience is not unique. It is actually the norm for parents of the many children who have vaccine reactions.

 

We not only did NOT have informed consent, but we had to fight to get anyone to admit that our children did have reactions!

 

member234098 and applejuice like this.
Taximom5 is online now  
#78 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 10:56 AM
 
ammiga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post

Taximom- please read my above post.  I think we cross-posted.  Again, I do not dismiss any reaction not reported by a doctor, and I do not see where I've ever said that.



So you think people should go there to report reactions, but not to see what reactions are being reported?

 

applejuice likes this.
ammiga is offline  
#79 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 AM
 
Buzzer Beater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

 

My experience is not unique. It is actually the norm for parents of the many children who have vaccine reactions.

 

We not only did NOT have informed consent, but we had to fight to get anyone to admit that our children did have reactions!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer Beater View Post

 

Several posters here have said that the system does not provide parents with enough information for informed consent, and I have asked several times in several ways what that might look like.

 

I gave informed consent and I would love it if everyone could. It is a serious question- what can the system, or somebody outside the system, do to provide parents with the skills and knowledge to make this decision. Both sides of the vax story are out there. How can you make sure parents have them?

 

 

 



Okay I'll bite one more time, then I think I'll give up. I have agreed to the point made repeatedly here that parents who give consent for vax are not giving informed consent for various and many reasons, some more valid than others IMHO. 

 

How would a system (our system) ensure informed consent, especially since just about everyone here thinks the VIS suck even when they are actually handed out.

 

What are some suggestions for informing parents? What does informed consent look like to you? What would informed consent look like to a doctor who administers vax?

 

Buzzer Beater is offline  
#80 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 12:37 PM
 
emmy526's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer Beater View Post



Okay I'll bite one more time, then I think I'll give up. I have agreed to the point made repeatedly here that parents who give consent for vax are not giving informed consent for various and many reasons, some more valid than others IMHO. 

 

How would a system (our system) ensure informed consent, especially since just about everyone here thinks the VIS suck even when they are actually handed out.

 

What are some suggestions for informing parents? What does informed consent look like to you? What would informed consent look like to a doctor who administers vax?

 

i think informed consent should look like a packet of info coming from the OB/GYN or pedi of choice as soon as a person knows they are pregnant,and requests such packet of info.   In in should be info regarding the vaxes received in the first year or two.  Then it is up to the parents and puts the responsibility on the parents to make that informed choice for their child.  Some parents are going to still just go with the flow and and have a "whatever the dr says" attitude, regardless of a packet of info for informed consent. 
 

 

emmy526 is online now  
#81 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 PM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer Beater View Post



Okay I'll bite one more time, then I think I'll give up. I have agreed to the point made repeatedly here that parents who give consent for vax are not giving informed consent for various and many reasons, some more valid than others IMHO. 

 

How would a system (our system) ensure informed consent, especially since just about everyone here thinks the VIS suck even when they are actually handed out.

 

What are some suggestions for informing parents? What does informed consent look like to you? What would informed consent look like to a doctor who administers vax?

 



 

I think that a pamphlet should be mailed out before the first appointment that correctly details the diseases being vaccinated against, and ALL known risks of the vaccines as well as of the diseases.

 

If they're going to say that 36,000 Americans die annually from the flu (which they do say, and which is utterly untrue), shouldn't they also say that 1293 Americans have been compensated for vaccine-induced brain damage?  Shouldn't they tell us about every case that was compensated in Vaccine Court instead of sealing the records? Shouldn't they tell us about seizure reactions, and about the studies that do link vaccines with all kinds of developmental and autoimmune disorders?

 

If I had known all the risks, I would have delayed all vaccines until after age 2, and then done only a few in total.  I certainly would never have allowed hep B.

 

In addition, I think the nurse giving the shots should go over the risks again, rather like they do before you have surgery, and have you sign a consent form, putting your initials by  each listed risk BEFORE giving the shots.

member234098 likes this.
Taximom5 is online now  
#82 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 08:44 PM
 
Taximom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

I also think it would be nice for the doctor to sign a form, not unlike the one I posted.

 

After all, if you have NO legal right to sue your doctor if your child has a severe reactionto something the doctor insists on, shouldn't the doctor be required to legally admit that (s)he understands the risks,  in writing?

member234098 likes this.
Taximom5 is online now  
#83 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 09:16 PM
 
Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I havent read every page but I am up to page four and there is something that I absolutely need to add in here. I can tell this topic is heated and I can see both sides point of views about parents needing to be more responsible for their children. I agree that they do need to be but with arguing this point we are fundamentally overlooking possibly the largest issue that is at play here. Whether it is the fault of the parents, cdc, doctors, government, or any other organization the consequence effects the kids. The kids are not able to advocate for themselves and the kids do not have the mentality to make choices for themselves. So whoever it is that makes the choices they are the ones that are effected so to me who is at fault matters very very little "I FEEL" are research, aggression, frustration, denial, whatever needs to be focused on the kids specifically. Just because a parent signs without reading doesnt make the child deserving of reactions or death or whatever malady may come to them. So its the parents fault the cdcs fault what does any of that matter if a child is hurt. The child is the priority.

I know very little about guardasil specifically but i have spent the last week researching vaccines in general. I have read books and articles from both sides and it is beyond obvious that despite what a doctor says about the fact it is totally safe .. They are not. I think the thing to focus on more specifically is exactly how unsafe are they and why isnt this a top priority for everyone involved to determine if the negatives could be outweighing the positives. Why are people being termed alarmists and why is the government pushing to make vaccines a requirement rather then putting forth the effort to provide us with evidence to support their claims of safety. Why is VAERS this open system where anyone can post... We cant accept that as evidence we need sound science and research we need a system that would make it a priority to validate these claims and for a qualified person to make a report to prove these claims. We also need requirements about the reporting 1-10% is not acceptable we could never even fathom the extent how bad these may be hurting people with only 1-10% being reported by absolutely anyone at any time for any reason.

So i will step off my soapbox here but rather than being upset with eachother and arguing about something we honestly arent able to argue because honestly neither side has sound evidence to support them why doesnt everyone focus more on getting that evidence so that we do not have to argue so that we know our children are safe and we know how many are being poorly effected by vaccines.

Or for this thread specifically sharing knowledge with each other without judgement so we can all make the best choices for our families that we know how because right now thats are only options isnt it greensad.gif


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Love is offline  
#84 of 87 Old 01-21-2012, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter
 
Imakcerka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Uh... because all information that is out there can obviously be coerced by the human factor... oh and money.  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post

I havent read every page but I am up to page four and there is something that I absolutely need to add in here. I can tell this topic is heated and I can see both sides point of views about parents needing to be more responsible for their children. I agree that they do need to be but with arguing this point we are fundamentally overlooking possibly the largest issue that is at play here. Whether it is the fault of the parents, cdc, doctors, government, or any other organization the consequence effects the kids. The kids are not able to advocate for themselves and the kids do not have the mentality to make choices for themselves. So whoever it is that makes the choices they are the ones that are effected so to me who is at fault matters very very little "I FEEL" are research, aggression, frustration, denial, whatever needs to be focused on the kids specifically. Just because a parent signs without reading doesnt make the child deserving of reactions or death or whatever malady may come to them.
I know very little about guardasil specifically but i have spent the last week researching vaccines in general. I have read books and articles from both sides and it is beyond obvious that despite what a doctor says about the fact it is totally safe .. They are not. I think the thing to focus on more specifically is exactly how unsafe are they and why isnt this a top priority for everyone involved to determine if the negatives could be outweighing the positives. Why are people being termed alarmists and why is the government pushing to make vaccines a requirement rather then putting forth the effort to provide us with evidence to support their claims of safety. Why is VAERS this open system where anyone can post... We cant accept that as evidence we need sound science and research we need a system that would make it a priority to validate these claims and for a qualified person to make a report to prove these claims. We also need requirements about the reporting 1-10% is not acceptable we could never even fathom the extent how bad these may be hurting people with only 1-10% being reported by absolutely anyone at any time for any reason.
So i will step off my soapbox here but rather than being upset with eachother and arguing about something we honestly arent able to argue because honestly neither side has sound evidence to support them why doesnt everyone focus more on getting that evidence so that we do not have to argue so that we know our children are safe and we know how many are being poorly effected by vaccines.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


 

Imakcerka is offline  
#85 of 87 Old 01-23-2012, 06:28 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Love,

 

I suggest you read this book.  http://www.amazon.com/Vaccine-Epidemic-Corporate-Coercive-Government/dp/1616082720 I imagine many of your questions will be answered. It is an excellent book. Well researched and well referenced.

Ask yourself this as well. Can you imagine if the powers that be did all that you feel they should to get the truth to the masses and it happens that ooppps vaccines are far more harmful than they are beneficial and our governement has made them mandatory to receive an education in the country, has protected all those involved from any kind of liability, and essentially damaged an entire generation of children?? How do you think that would go down?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post

I havent read every page but I am up to page four and there is something that I absolutely need to add in here. I can tell this topic is heated and I can see both sides point of views about parents needing to be more responsible for their children. I agree that they do need to be but with arguing this point we are fundamentally overlooking possibly the largest issue that is at play here. Whether it is the fault of the parents, cdc, doctors, government, or any other organization the consequence effects the kids. The kids are not able to advocate for themselves and the kids do not have the mentality to make choices for themselves. So whoever it is that makes the choices they are the ones that are effected so to me who is at fault matters very very little "I FEEL" are research, aggression, frustration, denial, whatever needs to be focused on the kids specifically. Just because a parent signs without reading doesnt make the child deserving of reactions or death or whatever malady may come to them. So its the parents fault the cdcs fault what does any of that matter if a child is hurt. The child is the priority.
I know very little about guardasil specifically but i have spent the last week researching vaccines in general. I have read books and articles from both sides and it is beyond obvious that despite what a doctor says about the fact it is totally safe .. They are not. I think the thing to focus on more specifically is exactly how unsafe are they and why isnt this a top priority for everyone involved to determine if the negatives could be outweighing the positives. Why are people being termed alarmists and why is the government pushing to make vaccines a requirement rather then putting forth the effort to provide us with evidence to support their claims of safety. Why is VAERS this open system where anyone can post... We cant accept that as evidence we need sound science and research we need a system that would make it a priority to validate these claims and for a qualified person to make a report to prove these claims. We also need requirements about the reporting 1-10% is not acceptable we could never even fathom the extent how bad these may be hurting people with only 1-10% being reported by absolutely anyone at any time for any reason.
So i will step off my soapbox here but rather than being upset with eachother and arguing about something we honestly arent able to argue because honestly neither side has sound evidence to support them why doesnt everyone focus more on getting that evidence so that we do not have to argue so that we know our children are safe and we know how many are being poorly effected by vaccines.
Or for this thread specifically sharing knowledge with each other without judgement so we can all make the best choices for our families that we know how because right now thats are only options isnt it greensad.gif
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


 

BeckyBird likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#86 of 87 Old 01-28-2012, 09:36 PM
 
1love4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Posts: 1,126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I havent read many of the above posts but just wanted to say that before I knew better I got 2 of the 3 gardasil shots and my thinking has not been the same since.  It took a bit to figure it out but my mind has been foggy I guess you could say ever since.  I've always been a person with above average intelligence and an excellent memory.  My memory is not even close to excellent anymore and my intelligence is not like it was either and I'm only 21.  I am certain its due to the vaccine

1love4ever is offline  
#87 of 87 Old 01-29-2012, 02:20 PM
 
CGAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Try drinking silicone-oxide rich mineral water (volvic, fiji, etc...) Dr. Chris Exley, an eminent scientist in the area of aluminum reasearch has found that silicone oxides chelate heavy metals like aluminum out of the tissues of the brain.  I had a persistent "buzz" in my brain since the H1N1 shot and have noticed improvement in my mental functioning since drinking this silicone rich water.  Google Dr. Exley and see Vaccine Safety Conference video's  on YouTube.  Hope this helps.

CGAN is offline  
Reply

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off