Non vaxing and dealing with CFS HELP! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-18-2012, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So my son has not been vax’ed and dealing with california’s CFS (children and family services) they are trying to force me to vax my 10 month old, and saying I am a neglegent  parent by not getting him vax’d. I am terrified that they can take him from me. I have filed paperwork for an exemption but will that really do anything? Or should I make my lawyer aware of what they are trying to make me do. ( CFS is involved because of DS father needing counseling and having a PTSD episode. Nothing to do with me, but they are now trying to call me a horrible mother.)

#2 of 4 Old 01-18-2012, 04:44 PM

C

Mowgismama21 likes this.
#3 of 4 Old 01-19-2012, 11:50 AM

Did he harm your child in this episode he had? If not, I fail to see why they are involved. I dealt with it here in Oh. where i am, but we have all three types of exemptions. When they tried to force me, i showed them my exemptions, had them talk to my pediatrician, who told them my kids were well taken care of,and they called the school as well and talked to them. They can't force you, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW FOR THEM TO DO SO. And they have to PROVE negligence, they can't just say you are for not vaccinating!! The CPS worker that came to our house said that while they frown on not vaccinating your kids, it in its self is not a legitimate reason to take them.

Mom to 2 girls and a boy,jumpers.gif saynovax.gif adoptionheart-1.gif I am adopted!!cd.gifJust started a month ago!I am a Medical AssistantBFPChart2.gif.My hubby Ry is the AWESOMEST!! jammin.gif

#4 of 4 Old 01-19-2012, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgismama21 View Post

So my son has not been vax’ed and dealing with california’s CFS (children and family services) they are trying to force me to vax my 10 month old, and saying I am a neglegent  parent by not getting him vax’d. I am terrified that they can take him from me. I have filed paperwork for an exemption but will that really do anything? Or should I make my lawyer aware of what they are trying to make me do. ( CFS is involved because of DS father needing counseling and having a PTSD episode. Nothing to do with me, but they are now trying to call me a horrible mother.)

They can say whatwever they want - the law is on your side here. There is no law about vaccinating children that are not in school and in terms of school age children California has 3 different exemptions, so they really have no legal ground to stand on. Medical neglect has to be proven that a child is in imminent danger if he/she doesn't get certain medical treatment. Vaccination is not treatment - it's a "preventative" measure. They can;t take your child away for not vaccinating, They can hassle you though. Know your rights and let them know you know and what they are doing is consdiered harrassment.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page