Anti-vax book that cites multiple CDC studies - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 01-19-2012, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A number of years ago I was given an anti-vax book that cited multiple CDC studies that proved vaccines were unsafe and unnecessary. For instance, Polio was virtually eradicated  BEFORE the vaccine was ever introduced. 

Does that sound familiar to anyone? I loaned it to my pediatrician and he refused to give it back. He, in turn, gave me a pamphlet that said, basically, don't believe everything you read on the internet. Ugh. 

I am having a baby in the hospital for the first time in 15 years and would like to reread the book, but I can't for the life of me remember the title!

All help is appreciated!

#2 of 17 Old 01-19-2012, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Ooh, I found it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1881217302/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1881217108&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0F8JRCWE7G1NQK9VS7KZ

#3 of 17 Old 01-19-2012, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This may also be useful if you are looking for CDC studies/info

http://drtenpennystore.com/vaccines--what-cdc-documents-amp-science-reveal-dvd.html

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#4 of 17 Old 01-19-2012, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!

#5 of 17 Old 01-20-2012, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

#1)  That book is YOUR property.  Tell your pediatrician he needs to return it or refund your money.  He did not have your permission to keep it, no matter what he thinks of it.  

He is not treating you like an adult. (I would fire him at this point.)

#2)  As much as I criticize vaccines, I don't believe that polio was eradicated before the vaccine was ever introduced.

Like all viruses, it went through active phases, and less active phases, as people's immune systems dealt with it, and as things like sanitation improved.  However, it wasn't eradicated.  It was on a definite downturn, no thanks to the vaccine.

However, I believe (and I may be wrong) that the vaccine prevented it from coming back. And that, to me, is important.  

That said, there was definitely a human cost (in terms of severe reaction) involved that the pharmaceutica companies covered up, and continue to cover up, to the point where most doctors are utterly unaware of any problems.  For example, most cases of polio in Africa involve vaccine-induced polio, not wild polio.  Why?  Because the vaccine companies are sending out the less expensive oral polio instead of the newer inactivated version (which really isn't that new any more, it's been out for what, 16 years??).

The polio may be the only vaccine at this point that I believe might be necessary.  But I'd like to know more--like why most people who got it had a mild virus, but a small minority had paralysis and/or death.  Why aren't researchers looking at what made the difference instead of assuming that everyone needs to avoid the virus?  What if it's something as simple as genetic predisposition combined with, say, a vitamin deficiency?

It's really the same question with vaccines and severe reactions to vaccines (whether or not you believe autism is one of those reactions, there are plenty of other severe, life-threatening reactions).  Why aren't the researchers looking at WHY a subset of people react to the vaccines? What if it's something as simple as genetic predisposition combined with, say, a vitamin deficiency?

And that's one more rant I have against science in general--they keep looking for One Magic Bullet, when in reality, it's a Firing Squad.

So one at a time, they eliminate each bullet ("Nope, this one didn't cause death!") without realizing that the effect of each bullet COMBINED caused the death.  

member234098 likes this.
#6 of 17 Old 01-21-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post
The polio may be the only vaccine at this point that I believe might be necessary.  But I'd like to know more--like why most people who got it had a mild virus, but a small minority had paralysis and/or death.  Why aren't researchers looking at what made the difference instead of assuming that everyone needs to avoid the virus?  What if it's something as simple as genetic predisposition combined with, say, a vitamin deficiency?

Did you ever read the article regarding sugar being a direct factor for paralysis in polio?  I wish I had the original link. A study was done in the 50's where sugar, particularly ice cream, was banned from a particular population's diet and the paralysis factor was nearly eliminated.  But the U.S. dairy industry had a fit and the study was discounted. 

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

#7 of 17 Old 01-21-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygones75 View Post

Did you ever read the article regarding sugar being a direct factor for paralysis in polio?  I wish I had the original link. A study was done in the 50's where sugar, particularly ice cream, was banned from a particular population's diet and the paralysis factor was nearly eliminated.  But the U.S. dairy industry had a fit and the study was discounted. 

this made me curious and I googled "banning of ice cream polio" this link came up http://www.thinktwice.com/Polio.pdf interesting article

Done with diapers!!

#8 of 17 Old 01-21-2012, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Just found that portion in the article.  Very interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningpearl View Post

this made me curious and I googled "banning of ice cream polio" this link came up http://www.thinktwice.com/Polio.pdf interesting article

#9 of 17 Old 01-22-2012, 12:21 PM

Thank you for posting that link.  Fascinating.

I had no idea of the role of sugar.

This portion, too, jumped out at me:  

"Children who received DPT (diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis) injections were significantly more likely than controls to suffer paralytic poliomyelitis within the next 30 days [16]. According to the authors, “this study confirms that in- jections are an important cause of provocative poliomyelitis [16:444].”

In 1995, the New England Journal of Medicine published a study showing that children who received a single injection within one month after receiving a polio vaccine were 8 times more likely to contract polio than children who received no injections. The risk jumped 27-fold when children received up to nine injections within one month after receiving the polio vaccine. And with ten or more injections, the likelihood of developing polio was 182 times greater than expected [17].

Why injections increase the risk of polio is unclear [18]. Never- theless, these studies and others [19-24] indicate that “injections must be avoided in countries with endemic poliomyelitis [18].” Health authorities believe that all “unnecessary” injections should be avoided as well [18:1006;24]."

But  nobody these days is diagnosed with polio, because the current "wisdom" is that if you've been vaccinated for polio, you are immune to polio and couldn't possibly have polio. They certainly don't test anyone today for polio.  Instead, people today who have symptoms identical to those of polio are diagnosed with things like acute flaccid paralysis, acute idiopathic polyneuritis and Guillaine-Barre Syndrome.

#10 of 17 Old 01-22-2012, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Sugar is sweet poison! It can wreak havoc on your immune system, and I witnessed this last year. I believe that consuming too much sugar could weaken your immune system, allowing viruses to take over. It does not surprise me that too much sugar would be a direct factor for paralysis in polio.

True story about sugar:

Last January, DS and DH had an awful cold, but DD(breastfed) and I were fine. I tended to the "boys" for over a week while they were sick in bed. Throughout the time, I was obviously exposed to the virus, but my immune system was fighting it off.

Well, one night, I decided to make cookies. Since the boys were sick, I ate them all. One cup of sugar was in the batch, and it took me probably 2 hours to eat them all. 2 hours, 1 cup of sugar....oh my! Bad idea.

By the next morning, I woke up feeling awful. The virus had completely overtaken me.  Eating an entire batch of cookies (one cup of sugar) which basically shut down my immune system  allowed the virus, which was already present, to take over.

It was so extreme, and so obvious, that it encouraged me to eliminate almost all sugar from my diet. Such a drastic change has taken me almost all year, but this time I know better than overloading my system with the "white Poison" lol! So far, I've been able to "beat" whatever illness my husband has brought home (he does not eat healthy at ALL, lives off soda.) Even my son, who is in school, has brought home minor colds this year, as to be expected, but they have not really affected him either. DS and I have cut out probably 80% of the sugar we used to eat, and it has made a huge difference this year.

I encourage all of you to look more into sugar, and how devastating it can be to your health. It will probably take a long time to make a diet change, but it will be worth it when you witness the amazing health benefits.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#11 of 17 Old 01-22-2012, 09:18 PM

If I ate a cup of sugar I would be sick too. Moderation is key to everything.

Polio is a still a real illness and vaccination for polio work. Look at India

#12 of 17 Old 01-22-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

India has had several times more vaccine-induced polio cases in the last year than wild polio cases.

member234098 likes this.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#13 of 17 Old 01-22-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

I agree with you about moderation.

Not sure I agree with you about India and polio:  http://www.prisonplanet.com/polio-vaccines-now-the-1-cause-of-polio-paralysis.html

"The Polio Global Eradication Initiative (PGEI), founded in 1988 by the World Health Organization, Rotary International, UNICEF, and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, holds up India as a prime example of its success at eradicating polio, stating on its website (Jan. 11 2012) that “India has made unprecedented progress against polio in the last two years and on 13 January, 2012, India will reach a major milestone — a 12-month period without any case of polio being recorded.”

This report, however, is highly misleading, as an estimated 100-180 Indian children are diagnosed with vaccine-associated polio paralysis (VAPP) each year. In fact, the clinical presentation of the disease, including paralysis, caused by VAPP is indistinguishable from that caused by wild polioviruses, making the PGEI’s pronouncements all the more suspect.1

According to the Polio Global Eradication Initiative’s own statistics2 there were 42 cases of wild-type polio (WPV) reported in India in 2010, indicating that vaccine-induced cases of polio paralysis (100-180 annually) outnumber wild-type cases by a factor of 3-4. Even if we put aside the important question of whether or not the PGEI is accurately differentiating between wild and vaccine-associated polio cases in their statistics, we still must ask ourselves: should not the real-world effects of immunization, both good and bad, be included in PGEI’s measurement of success? For the dozens of Indian children who develop vaccine-induced paralysis every year, the PGEI’s recent declaration of India as nearing “polio free” status, is not only disingenuous, but could be considered an attempt to minimize their obvious liability in having transformed polio from a natural disease vector into a man-made (iatrogenic) one."

member234098 and BeckyBird like this.
#14 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 09:41 AM

The Weston A. Price Foundation has this article saying that Polio is actually DDT poisoning. Not a virus. Any actual polio virus was man-made in a lab. Here is the article: http://www.westonaprice.org/environmental-toxins/pesticides-and-polio

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

#15 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

So I read the story about the Dr. noticing that there were more cases of polio in the summer months than any other time of the year and he attributed it to sugar...

Well I dont buy that that.

Summer months means more travel

More time around other kids

Swimming in pools

Swimming in lakes and rivers

Ingesting bbq

Eating apples off the tree

Seriously there are a mirade of possibilities.  Some people need sugars in their diet... it's not EVIL.

#16 of 17 Old 01-29-2012, 12:15 PM

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#17 of 17 Old 01-30-2012, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

So I read the story about the Dr. noticing that there were more cases of polio in the summer months than any other time of the year and he attributed it to sugar...

I was listening to a radio show on Sirius and a doctor being interviewed said that years ago polio cases would soar at the end of summer, due to public swimming pool usage, and that chlorine wasn't always effective. Depending upon the concentration, it could take up to 24 hours to kill the virus.

Here is a study from the 1930's on the polio virus from stool samples and various chlorine concentrations.

Medical Journal source: http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/41/1/30.extract

Another interesting tidbit. I read an article, a round table discussion from a 1988 issue of DVM magazine. Jonas Salk was on the round table:

Quote:

Rude: Does shedding of modified live virus vaccine viruses from vaccinated animals have the potential to cause disease in non-vaccinated contact animals of the same species and/or different species? 

Salk: Well, it's self-evident that this is what happens with polio. I have not seen evidence that it is of significant advantage. There's a disadvantage in the U.S. because of vaccine associated disease. In the developing countries live virus vaccines often fail because they don't always protect those who are directly vaccinated due to inhibitors in the intestinal tract. In the U.S., vaccine virus is the principal cause of continuing polio. 

Roundtable Discussion: http://www.ebvet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=192

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page