"Anti-Vaccine" Censorship - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-25-2012, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

And we all know if you even raise a concern about a vaccine you are "anti-vax". This article was deeply disturbing to me (and littered with incorrect information as well - typical) and just goes to show that the powers that be feel the need to stop the spread of ANY information that suggests any problems with vaccines. They must be getting nervous if they feel so threatened.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2012/01/anti_vaccine_activists_9_11_deniers_and_google_s_social_search_.single.html#pagebreak_anchor_2

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#2 of 8 Old 01-25-2012, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I saw this too, really disturbing viewpoint this guys has.

#3 of 8 Old 01-25-2012, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

"People who deny global warming, oppose the Darwinian account of evolution, refuse to see the causal link between HIV and AIDS, and think that  9/11 was an inside job......."

How many of you would be labelled "conspiracy theorists", according to the author?

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#4 of 8 Old 01-25-2012, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I actually Do believe global warming is real and do not oppose Darwin and the jury is still out on HIV and 9/11 for me. (don't know enough to have an opinion, but am aware opf the controversy) I do however believe vaccines can be dangerous and have the potential to cause harm in certain circumstances. Does this make me half a dizzy.gif????

BeckyBird likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 8 Old 01-25-2012, 09:45 AM

I just finished watching the video.....actually, I listened to it while folding laundry and washing the dishes! Way to multitask, huh?

I'll be online later to discuss it; for now, I'll just say that it is worth watching (or listening).  If you are going to form an opinion of Dr. Wakefield, you should at least hear his side of the story.

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

#6 of 8 Old 01-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Extremely disturbing.

We know that the pharmaceutical industry pays employees ("shills") to post on forums and blogs, either attacking those who question vaccine safety or posting reams of industry-funded studies showing safety and efficacy.

See http://www.amazon.com/Side-Effects-Death-Confessions-Pharma-Insider/dp/1602645167

http://www.amazon.com/Whistleblower-Confessions-Healthcare-Hitman/dp/193336839X

and

http://www.amazon.com/Selling-Sickness-Pharmaceutical-Companies-Patients/dp/156025856X/ref=pd_sim_b_2

We also know that a generation (or more!) of medical doctors have been literally trained by MD professors who are simultaneously paid representatives of the pharmaceutical industry: 

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2009/jan/15/drug-companies-doctorsa-story-of-corruption/?pagination=false

http://www.amazon.com/Truth-About-Drug-Companies-Deceive/dp/0375760946

But we also know that otherwise intelligent and caring people are buying into what the pharmaceutical industry sells.

It's very, very disturbing, and does remind one of how the Nazis managed to control both the press and the education of children.

BeckyBird likes this.
#7 of 8 Old 02-10-2012, 11:18 AM

I found a quote that is relevant.......written by a founding father, Dr.Benjamin Rush.

“The Constitution of this Republic should make special provision for medical freedom. To restrict the art of healing to one class will constitute the Bastille of medical science. All such laws are un-American and despotic…Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution; the time will come when medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship and force people, who wish doctors and treatments of their own choice, to submit to only what the dictating outfit offers.The Constitution of the Republic should make a Special provision for medical freedoms as well as religious freedom."

Dr. Rush would be considered a dangerous conspiracy theorist by today's standards.

nia82 and Slmommy like this.

#8 of 8 Old 02-13-2012, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page