"The Trouble with the ANTI “Anti-Vaccine” Movement" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 02-08-2012, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The Trouble with the ANTI “Anti-Vaccine” Movement: How They Hijack the Issue; Distort the Facts; and Totally Miss the Point

http://www.ageofautism.com/2012/02/the-trouble-with-the-anti-anti-vaccine-movement-how-they-hijack-the-issue-distort-the-facts-and-tota.html

I loved this!  Enjoy!

Lookingup likes this.

Done with diapers!!

#2 of 28 Old 02-09-2012, 07:34 PM

clap.gif

Thorough and absolutely needs to be said.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#3 of 28 Old 02-15-2012, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thank you for posting this.

#4 of 28 Old 02-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Banned

This article is full of nonsense. The only real reason we don't like the 'anti-vaccine movement' is that it is endangering our kids. If you want to put your children at risk that's up to you but diseases don't work like that, they are transmitted easily.

If you want to not vaccinate your kids then they should be put in quarantine from the rest of society.

#5 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 02:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
NM

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#6 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLoretta View Post

This article is full of nonsense. The only real reason we don't like the 'anti-vaccine movement' is that it is endangering our kids. If you want to put your children at risk that's up to you but diseases don't work like that, they are transmitted easily.

If you want to not vaccinate your kids then they should be put in quarantine from the rest of society.

And if you vaccinate your kids and they have a severe reaction to the vaccines, they--and you, as their caretaker--will effectively be quarantined from the rest of society, assuming that they survive.

http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/us-concedes-hep-b-causes-lupus/

US GOVERNMENT CONCEDES HEP B VACCINE CAUSES SYSTEMIC LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSIS

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/DailyNews/May2001/E-NewsMSVaxVictComp.htm

A French court has upheld a lower court ruling that found a link 
between GlaxoSmithKline's hepatitis B vaccine and multiple 

sclerosis

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/new-study-hepatitis-b-vac_b_289288.html

HEPATITIS VACCINE TRIPLES THE RISK OF AUTISM IN INFANT BOYS

A Review of Compensated Cases of Vaccine-Induced Brain Injury

Pace Environmental Law Review, vol. 28, no. 2, 2011

Mary Holland, Louis Conte, Robert Krakow and Lisa Colin

Available in full * at http://digitalcommons.pace.edu/pelr/vol28/iss2/6

I include these links for the benefit of lurkers and new readers on this site, not for the troll.

member234098, ghannit and Slmommy like this.
#7 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post
A Review of Compensated Cases of Vaccine-Induced Brain Injury

Pace Environmental Law Review, vol. 28, no. 2, 2011

Mary Holland, Louis Conte, Robert Krakow and Lisa Colin

Available in full * at http://digitalcommons.pace.edu/pelr/vol28/iss2/6

omg... I started reading this...(might take me a while to get through it all)

Quote:
In addition to broad liability protection, the 1986 Law also provides another shield to manufacturers under federal law. (48) The 1986 Law permits them the right to not disclose known risks to parents or guardians of those being vaccinated. Resting on the "learned intermediary" doctrine, manufacturers bear no liability for giving, or failing to give accurate or complete information to those vaccinated, and have only to provide relevant information to doctors, who must give patients CDC Vaccination Information Statements.(49)  (page 488)

I didn't know this, this is still current? I wonder what "relevant information" to doctors includes...

#8 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
The Court articulated the reason for this lower burden then that necessary in civil court "to allow the finding of causation in a field bereft of complete and direct proof of how vaccines affect the human body.52   (page 489)

Thanks for the link taximom!! 

#9 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 01:27 PM

In the last 20 years ratesbof vaccination went down.

The rates of autism continued to go up.

#10 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 01:39 PM

LucyLoretta, just thought you might want to give a quick read to the guidelines for this specific forum:

"This forum was created to serve the needs of members who have made the decision not to vaccinate or are seriously exploring making this decision. It is not a place to denigrate or criticize those who do vaccinate."

#11 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I think she's the same person from yesterday.  I checked her page and she commented on the same things the other one did.  Same junk same person.  Don't feed her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BansheeTaco View Post

LucyLoretta, just thought you might want to give a quick read to the guidelines for this specific forum:

"This forum was created to serve the needs of members who have made the decision not to vaccinate or are seriously exploring making this decision. It is not a place to denigrate or criticize those who do vaccinate."

#12 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

Huh Alenushka... you know what else happened? The vax schedule increased dramatically... Added chicken pox, rota, hep A, Hib, Prevnar, Rota... more vaccines and more visits crowded with multiple shots.

(should I not being feeding her either?)

Taximom5 likes this.
#13 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 03:40 PM

?

#14 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmommy View Post

Huh Alenushka... you know what else happened? The vax schedule increased dramatically... Added chicken pox, rota, hep A, Hib, Prevnar, Rota... more vaccines and more visits crowded with multiple shots.

Right--the number of vaccines on the pediatric schedule has TRIPLED, hepatitis B vaccine is now given at birth rather than later, 6-month-olds are given 2 themerosal-preserved flus shots, and then another flu shot every year for the rest of their lives, and pregnant women are now being given thimerosal-preserved flu shots at all stages of pregnancy.

And don't forget 3 shots of Gardasil, now approved for 9-year-old girls AND boys.

#15 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Right--the number of vaccines on the pediatric schedule has TRIPLED, hepatitis B vaccine is now given at birth rather than later, 6-month-olds are given 2 themerosal-preserved flus shots, and then another flu shot every year for the rest of their lives, and pregnant women are now being given thimerosal-preserved flu shots at all stages of pregnancy.

And don't forget 3 shots of Gardasil, now approved for 9-year-old girls AND boys.

Besides, autism isn't one of the reasons that most non-vaxers don't vax.  Yet another myth that the mainstream haters believe apparently.

#16 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

Thimerosal-preserved pediatric vaccines continued to be in use until at least 2004, at which time thimerosal-preserved flu shots were put on the pediatric schedule, beginning with 2 shots at 6 months.  In addition, thimerosal-preserved flu shots began to be given to women at all stages of pregnancy.

The number of aluminum-containing vaccines has dramatically increased, as has the number of vaccines containing human DNA.  Both have been associated with autoimmune disorders--and with autism:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20049118-10391695.html

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/1/prweb9146755.htm

littlest birds and Slmommy like this.
#17 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 05:04 PM

The link for Helen V. Ratajczak's "Theoretical Aspects of Austism: Causes - A Review" was broken in the cbs link...

http://www.cogforlife.org/ratajczakstudy.pdf  for those interested.

Taximom5 likes this.
#18 of 28 Old 02-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

LucyLoretta's membership has been removed.  Sorry for the intrusion, and thank you to everyone who reported.

Bokonon likes this.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#19 of 28 Old 02-23-2012, 08:03 AM

I understand asking for people to be respectful and non-judgmental, but if we ask people to stay silent if they disagree we are just making sure that we only listen to ideas that agree with their own, even if different ideas might help us better protect our children.

I'm trying to make the best decision I can and sort through all of the information and misinformation out there, and I really need there to be a place where I can hear information from all sides.  For my sake and the sake of all confused parents out there, please don't silence ANY opinion on this subject, and let us make up our own minds.

#20 of 28 Old 02-23-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallBlondeOne View Post

I understand asking for people to be respectful and non-judgmental, but if we ask people to stay silent if they disagree we are just making sure that we only listen to ideas that don't agree with their own.

I'm trying to make the best decision I can for my child and my community, and I really need there to be a place where I can hear information from all sides.  For my sake and the sake of all confused parents out there, please don't silence ANY opinion on this subject.

This is the "I'm Not Vaccinating" forum, where members should feel free to express their thoughts and opinions without being subjected to debate and ridicule by others who disagree with them.

#21 of 28 Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 AM

SmallBlondeOne - 

You will find more of what you are looking for in the main forum, sel/del forum, or starting vax research forum.

#22 of 28 Old 02-23-2012, 08:16 AM

I see that, and I understand the need for a safe place to have that conversation.  I'm also not defending LucyLoretta.  I'm just concerned about the second part of the mission statement, about serving as a forum for people who want to explore the decision about whether or not to vaccinate.  This is not a place for people to do that if it only preserves a single narrow category of opinion.

I'm terrified that I will surround myself with only one opinion and end up making the wrong choice for my child.  There's probably a better place for me to go, but I felt like I should speak up. I would appreciate any recommendations for a place that would better serve my needs.  Thanks in advance!

#23 of 28 Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 AM

Thank you!

#24 of 28 Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ETA oops posted at same time. I see PP said the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallBlondeOne View Post

I understand asking for people to be respectful and non-judgmental, but if we ask people to stay silent if they disagree we are just making sure that we only listen to ideas that agree with their own, even if different ideas might help us better protect our children.

I'm trying to make the best decision I can and sort through all of the information and misinformation out there, and I really need there to be a place where I can hear information from all sides.  For my sake and the sake of all confused parents out there, please don't silence ANY opinion on this subject, and let us make up our own minds.

I don't think anybody disagrees with you. It is a matter of where it is appropraite to enagage in such debates. The IM NOT VACCINATING forum is not the place to do this. There is a general vaccination forum to serve this need.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#25 of 28 Old 02-23-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
They repeatedly distort or exaggerate the facts.

Eh, so do non-vaxers.

member234098 likes this.
#26 of 28 Old 02-23-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super~Single~Mama View Post

Eh, so do non-vaxers.

Yeah, typical human tendency it seems. 

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#27 of 28 Old 02-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

There are several vax forums. Everything from thos very new to the vaccine discussion to those who have made decisions and wish to discuss them.  This forum is for those who have already made the decision to not vax, however, new folks reading may have questions on occasion and are free to ask them here.  After all, you guys are well-informed and they might have questions about what they are reading, and it is always far better to ask the source than speculate. :) That being said, those with a pro-vax agenda, or who have made the decision to vaccinate and are just here to argue, should move along to one of the other vax forums that fits their discussion better.

I think it behooves us all to be welcoming to new folks with genuine questions.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#28 of 28 Old 02-24-2012, 01:01 PM

SmallBlondOne:  I think you should read as many different sides of the issue as possible. Don't look to one single forum to make your mind up for you. Research everything--don't accept anything at face value. 

You will find lots of totally conflicting info out there. Research it all. 

If one side says. "there's no money to be made in vaccines,the pharmaceutical industry provides them to third-world countries for dirt-cheap," and the other side posts proof that vaccines are a multi-billion dollar industry--research the truth on both sides and draw your own conclusions. 

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page