Insurance company issues penalty to Dr for Non vaxing patients - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-09-2012, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, My pediatrician told me today that She will continue to see my 5 children but not longer accepts patients that decide not to vaccinate there children. She told informed me that my insurance HMSA penalizes the Dr when a patient chooses not to vaccinate.

It has something to do with the insurance trying to up there ratings and regular yearly physicals and following the recommended vaxs scores them points I guess????  So now the insurance companies are keeping tract too.

She also mentioned than possible in the future those on quest (state insurance) might not have a choice. They can not accept the state insurance and then put others in danger by not vaxing there kids.

Anyway just thought I would update the latest BS line they are giving.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiwith3 View Post

Hi, My pediatrician told me today that She will continue to see my 5 children but not longer accepts patients that decide not to vaccinate there children. She told informed me that my insurance HMSA penalizes the Dr when a patient chooses not to vaccinate.

It has something to do with the insurance trying to up there ratings and regular yearly physicals and following the recommended vaxs scores them points I guess????  So now the insurance companies are keeping tract too.

She also mentioned than possible in the future those on quest (state insurance) might not have a choice. They can not accept the state insurance and then put others in danger by not vaxing there kids.

Anyway just thought I would update the latest BS line they are giving.

you should call an insurance rep and ask about that policy...and then ask the rep what is a family supposed to do when their religion contraindicates vaccinating? the dr is going to be penalized for someone else's religious choices?   

Old 02-09-2012, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

That's unfortunate! Thanks for letting us know.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List