HELP: Idaho REQUIRES VAX For Daycare Assistance - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-28-2012, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As some of you may know I just moved to ID to start over fresh and new:) I am loving it here but when I went to apply for TANF (which is required to get a daycare subsidy) I was told I have to vax my kids!!!

"PENALTIES FOR NOT COMPLETING CONTRACT RESPONSIBILITIES EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 1997
I understand if my children are not immunized, my family will be ineligible for cash assistance."

Please tell me there is a federal law that overrides this somehow!! I can not afford to relocate again and I need to get my kids in daycare to find a job. I really don't want to vax. My son is 1.5 and totally vax free and my dd who is 4 has not been vaxed since she was 1.5...

be good family...

#2 of 6 Old 03-28-2012, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/data-reports/congress/tanfp9.htm

it has come to my attention in the last year, social workers use fear and coercion to get families to comply with a law that allows for exemptions.   Most of them are very ignorant about what is the actual law.  

mamayogibear likes this.
#3 of 6 Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

My state tried that too years ago but I refused and was never sanctioned.

Bring back the old MDC
#4 of 6 Old 03-29-2012, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

There are always exemptions - this is in Teeny Tint Print:

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/opre/welfare_employ/state_tanf/databook09/databook09_require.html

Quote:

5The immunization requirement may be waived if the procedures would risk the child's health or violate the family’s religious beliefs.

Also found this - look under section 6.7

http://www.healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/Portals/0/Children/ChildCare/CCDF_Plan_2010-2011.doc

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 6 Old 03-29-2012, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You gals are awesome! The worker I talked to yesterday was soo rude about it and went on preaching about 'liberal Californians' and about 'that's not the way we do it in Idaho!" but would not listen when I was telling her how there were exemptions everywhere. Anyways thanks for the links I went back today with my 'proof' and was given approval to start the daycare program next month:) I really appreciate having the information you gave me at my finger tips as right now is a very stressful time and I do not have th etime to research these issues like I have in the past for other states.

Thanks again!

be good family...

#6 of 6 Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamayogibear View Post

You gals are awesome! The worker I talked to yesterday was soo rude about it and went on preaching about 'liberal Californians' and about 'that's not the way we do it in Idaho!" but would not listen when I was telling her how there were exemptions everywhere. Anyways thanks for the links I went back today with my 'proof' and was given approval to start the daycare program next month:) I really appreciate having the information you gave me at my finger tips as right now is a very stressful time and I do not have th etime to research these issues like I have in the past for other states.

Thanks again!

Glad it worked out. It is sooooo important to know the laws in your state and your rights. Most people that work at these state agencies are clueless or they just lie to suit their own agenda. I think its more that they just don't even know what the laws are. But in any case - as long as YOU know your rights, they can try and lie and bully you all they want. They got nuthin!!

mamayogibear likes this.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page