exposing 14 month-old to chicken pox - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know a source of chicken pox, and I would really like to have my three-year-old exposed to it. I also have a 14 month old. Do you think she is too young to get the chicken pox? I am really having a hard time deciding on this. I don't want to miss my chance for my 3 y.o. to get it, especially from someone that I know, but I don't know how hard it will be on my little one. Any thoughts? Advice?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-11-2012, 03:09 PM

well, to put perspective on it.  If you were vaccinating, she would have had the vaccine and possibly even a booster already, and the majority of cases of pox going around (well, at least for the last 5 years that I've been watching for them) have been break through vaccine strain.  I would think that she would do just fine.  I know of a 9 month old who just had them and she is doing fine and my niece had them at 7 months.   I would expose your three year old and then let your 14 month old catch them from her, it will allow you to give each child more attention or if you want it over and done with expose them both.  I'm in the two week wait for the pox myself

Done with diapers!!

#3 of 3 Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 PM

it's a hard decision.  My girls are 6 and 3 and it was hard for me to try to get them sick, we tried once and it didn't work (this is a nice wild strain going around) so I'm trying once more and if we don't get them, then I'm not going to worry about it. 

Done with diapers!!

Tags
Vaccinations

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page