Question: What to Expect at Health Department When Getting Exemption Form? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-15-2012, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm quite nervous, because I have to go to our county health department for the very first time. We do not vaccinate our four children, but in previous years the school has always been fine with accepting the religious exemption form I printed from the Internet. However, this year, I took the very same form when enrolling my son for Kindergarten, and they said starting this year the health department (missouri) requires an "original" form from the health department.

Does anyone know what I can expect when I go for my appointment in the morning? Will they quiz me on why we are choosing not to vaccinate?

#2 of 2 Old 04-15-2012, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm in a different state from you, so your experience could be completely different, but I had to go to the health dept for an exemption form last year.  It was annoying, but no one was hostile, or overly nosy.  The nurse who had to sign it asked why I was getting an exemption, I said I wanted to wait until ds was older.  That was it, as far as questions went, after that she just handed me the form and a couple pro vaccine pamphlets.  Hopefully it goes as smoothly for you!

Mommy to DS1 bouncy.gifJuly '09 and DS2 baby.gif Oct '12

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page