I signed the Refusal To Vaccinate form - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-25-2012, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When I told my pediatrician that I want to delay all shots for my baby they brought me the form to sign that I refuse the shots. The form that makes you to admit that you agree to put your child at risk. I thought I had to sign it and I did. Now I realise I shouldn't have. I am so disgusted and I can tell that I lost all trust in doctors now. 

I am worrying a lot what consequences it may have, can anyone tell?

#2 of 5 Old 04-26-2012, 04:31 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by logotop View Post

When I told my pediatrician that I want to delay all shots for my baby they brought me the form to sign that I refuse the shots. The form that makes you to admit that you agree to put your child at risk. I thought I had to sign it and I did. Now I realise I shouldn't have. I am so disgusted and I can tell that I lost all trust in doctors now. 

I am worrying a lot what consequences it may have, can anyone tell?

go back and demand that paper back and cross out any parts you don't agree with, and initial it, and then hand it back to them. If they refuse to give it to you, threaten legal action. when they hear that, they'll usually hand over what you need pretty quickly. 

#3 of 5 Old 04-26-2012, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

I may try it, but you can only see or get a copy of the medical records. If you want to amend them you can just add information, not change it.  If I change the pediatrician, without transferring medical records (there is nothing to transfer really as my child wasn't sick and I was to the office just couple of times) which I'm thinking to do anyway, they should destroy the records after several years right?
#4 of 5 Old 04-26-2012, 08:21 AM

ask for a copy of the medical records (you may have to pay an office fee), then take your copy of the records to the new doctor minus that page (if it's even in there, it might be in their files to cover their own behinds).  Find a doctor who you trust.  A family practice will be better then most pediatricians. 

Done with diapers!!

#5 of 5 Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

oh, that sounds as a great idea, thank you

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page