The Thinking Moms' Declaration of Independence From Medical Tyranny - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-06-2012, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

http://www.ageofautism.com/2012/05/the-thinking-moms-declaration-of-independence-from-medical-tyranny.html#more

Lots of good points, but my favorite is this:

"The Pharmaceutical Industry, Medical Institutions, and the American Government have repeatedly usurped and controlled the media message, presenting half truths and falsehoods about the thinking parents, and by extension, Thinking Moms, and other reputable consumer safety advocacy groups and individuals, professing our message is unsound and without scientific merit.  At present, over 55 studies exist demonstrating a strong link between vaccines and autism (also known as vaccine encephalopathy). They are not permitted publication in medical journals or scientific periodicals because those journals are funded by the very industry those studies indict. Studies formerly published on PubMed and other scientific publications have been removed without proper and formal discourse between those displacing said studies and the American public.  The censorship of intellectual property that pertains directly to the health and welfare of all children is a crime against humanity."

#2 of 6 Old 05-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Conflicts of interest in vaccine safety research.  Account Res. 2012;19(2):65-88.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22375842

Quote:
Conflicts of interest (COIs) cloud vaccine safety research. Sponsors of research have competing interests that may impede the objective study of vaccine side effects. Vaccine manufacturers, health officials, and medical journals may have financial and bureaucratic reasons for not wanting to acknowledge the risks of vaccines. Conversely, some advocacy groups may have legislative and financial reasons to sponsor research that finds risks in vaccines. Using the vaccine-autism debate as an illustration, this article details the conflicts of interest each of these groups faces, outlines the current state of vaccine safety research, and suggests remedies to address COIs. Minimizing COIs in vaccine safety research could reduce research bias and restore greater trust in the vaccine program.
Taximom5 likes this.
#3 of 6 Old 05-06-2012, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmommy View Post

Conflicts of interest in vaccine safety research.  Account Res. 2012;19(2):65-88.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22375842

Heeeeeeeeeeeey!  None of that, now!  Pointing out conflicts of interest in vaccine research makes you a tinfoil hatted conspiracy-theorist, remember?  Don't give anybody a peer-reviewed reason to believe otherwise... winky.gif

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#4 of 6 Old 05-06-2012, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wish there was a tin hat smiley.

I would put it in my signature, maybe with a snippet of quote from this about EBM:

Quote:
Research financed by someone or something that stands to benefit financially from the results of that research has no credibility and cannot be assumed to be trustworthy.  Period.  No matter where it is published.  No matter who the authors are. No matter how much of it there might be.  

A million times zero is still zero.  

As I said, I’m all for evidence-based medicine.  Who wouldn’t be?  But all evidence is not equal.  We ought not to ignore that fact.  And do so at our own peril. 

-Sandy Gottstein
#5 of 6 Old 05-06-2012, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)

"I wish there was a tin hat smiley."

Give me a day or two and I'll draw one up!

Slmommy likes this.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#6 of 6 Old 05-06-2012, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)

tinfoil-hat-hat-dogs-1309641810.jpg

tinfoilhatsmile.gifimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoKhdNICaiiBGrbVvPWlHHSmiglIvzfQYvh4UiEozp2y3cVLY7IeyW5Q    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqMReXjIo0Q9FjR16THVCSfL0HVd_3GPqQSsfdYbt1aUJIt5zrf21RUzY   images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq1InEA-RcIJEuyOIQ5Awuz6X7WI4avJUDQoMrzYU3yB6VQSc-8b5N-oA

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page