homeopathic nosodes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been killing myself with stress slowly over the last few months agonizing if I was going to get my 3 y/o her first vaccine.  Long story, you can read my other posts if you are interested in the history and the why.

Anyway, I have decided to cancel the appointment.  I can't take back a vaccine once it's in her but I could always make another appointment.  So for now she will remain 100% vaccine free.

I just spoke to a midwife colleague about my issues around this subject and she recommended I look into homeopathic nosodes.  She is really into homeopathy and told me where I can order them, but she had no idea how/when/amount to dose.  So I need some guidance.  The NDs in my area are not familiar with them.  Where can I start my independent research?  I am specifically interested in Pertussin. 

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#2 of 7 Old 05-10-2012, 05:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Have you tried doing a search on here first? This has been discussed several times. Putting homeopathic nosodes in google will bring up quite a bit of info. Also search the subject for animals vets utilize nosodes for animals. Somewhere out there (and I thought I had it) is a free ebook by a homeopath from the UK who practiced in the late 19th early 20th century on treating pertussis, he used the Pertussin nosode in the treatment of whooping cough.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#3 of 7 Old 05-10-2012, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

I have done a search on here.  Nothing factual, just lots of people like me, asking if anyone knows anything!  Or saying their ND gave them nosodes but without detailed instructions posted on use.  And google just shows me vet articles.  As interesting as that is, I want real directions how to use it with a human child! 

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#4 of 7 Old 05-11-2012, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukuspot View Post

I have done a search on here.  Nothing factual, just lots of people like me, asking if anyone knows anything!  Or saying their ND gave them nosodes but without detailed instructions posted on use.  And google just shows me vet articles.  As interesting as that is, I want real directions how to use it with a human child! 

Then consult with a homeopath that uses nosodes in their practice. 

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#5 of 7 Old 05-11-2012, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

That was the first thing I tried. I called all NDs and homeopathic practitioners in my area. No one uses them. One heard of them but had no experience. She recommended Dr. Goldens book which I have ordered. This nosodes idea might be a dead end for me unfortunately, but I will just try to research it the best I can in the meantime.

#6 of 7 Old 05-11-2012, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

And I did find that ebook you mentioned from 1909 but for me to feel comfortable, I need more recent research...

#7 of 7 Old 05-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

I can also tell you where you can get them.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page