Homeopathic Vaccination - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

So Homeopathic Vaccination or Homeoprophylaxis.

What does anyone know?

I found one interesting link: http://www.lifehealthchoices.com/the-center/health-options/homeoprophylaxis

A ND doc in Australia who has a lot of info...of course to see all he has done you have to buy a book.

I like that the people who support it don't go on and on about it being 100 percent effective. Nothing is...

My sisters best friend has used this on her 3 boys (but waits until they are closer to age 2)

No titers have been performed so I have no idea if they work, but her boys are healthy. It is just anecdotal but

as I have barely ever heard of this, am finding it fascinating.

Lets discuss :-) I am just learning about it all so don't have an opinion one way or another yet.

So why do you think it works or why not?

HomeopathyMN likes this.

S

DS-14

DS-14      

DD-9

DD-3

"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."

Sun Tzu

#2 of 7 Old 05-30-2012, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I found this, in my own City, no less!  :)  Definately going to be doing lots of homework on this one!!!  Looks very promising!

http://www.littlemountainhomeopathy.com/homeopathic-immunizations/frequently-asked-questions

#3 of 7 Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 PM

x posted in the other thread:

I've been doing extensive research on homeopathic vaccination.  It seems it was developed by Dr. Golden.  If you want to read all about it, his book is called "Vaccination or homeoprophilaxis?"

I have the book and I read it.  I was intrigued.  However I spoke to a classical homeopath about it and she said that in the homeopathic community the idea of homeopathic vaccination is really frowned upon since that was not what homeopathy is all about, and they say it could actually be harmful to the body, and negate that remedy for future use in that person.  Homeopathy does not work to seek to prevent the body from contracting an illness in a life long aspect, and homepaths think that is harmful (one of the reasons they also usually do not advocate for vaccination.)  Homepathy can be very useful for acute things, such as if your child got a VPD, or for acute prevention (as in if your child was exposed to pertussis, or had a nasty wound that you were afraid tetanus spores got in to.)  That is what much of what I have been reading about talks about, using the homeopathic nosodes for things like this, not as a vaccination schedule for life long immunity....But I'm just telling you what I have been finding out...I'm not a homeopath.  I do have a colleague who did homeoprophilaxis for her older teen.  But I can't find that many other stories about the use of it.

I did purchase a vial of homeopathic pertussin (the pertussis nosode) from the UK.  I do not plan to do a "homeopathic vaccination" with it.  I am planning to do what Dr. Golden says in his book--For added protection (after a homeopathic or standard vaccination program) if the child (or adult) is exposed to pertussis, they take it 2x a week for 3 weeks.  It can also be used (in a different dosing) if the person actively comes down with pertussis.

I also have ledum palustre and hypercium on hand in case of puncture wounds.  Both have slightly different usage, but both are supposed to be taken right after a puncture wound with a risk of tetanus.  Now in my case, if there was a real concern, I would probably give her the ledum AND go get TIG....But that's just me.

HomeopathyMN likes this.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#4 of 7 Old 05-31-2012, 08:05 AM

http://home.mindspring.com/~diderikfinne/homeoprophylaxis.pdf

just wanted to add this to the mix.

Me:  run.gif  DH:  hammer.gif 

Our babies:  reading.gif  blahblah.gif energy.gif moon.gif and a  stork-suprise.gif  coming in July

#5 of 7 Old 06-04-2012, 12:21 AM

Actually, your homeopath was expressing her opinion, as by no means do all homeopaths think that way. It will not cause harm. As a homeopath myself, I see the results of homeoprophylaxis as nothing but helpful.

#6 of 7 Old 06-04-2012, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for all the feedback.

I keep seeing such different ideas on it. I wonder why some homeopaths love it, some don't do it at all and even on this thread, one used it for outbreaks, another thinks it is helpful.

Interesting....

S

DS-14

DS-14      

DD-9

DD-3

"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."

Sun Tzu

#7 of 7 Old 01-02-2013, 12:49 PM

It's great to see this discussion of homeoprophylaxis.  While it's true that it's controversial in homeopathic circles, it's also true that it's been used in real epidemic situations since the beginnings of homeopathy.  It was the inspiration for the modern vaccination movement (I saw a recent article about this, too), but along the way it was changed in ways that were harmful, for example, injecting into the bloodstream, which bypasses normal immune system responses instead of strengthening them.

Kate Birch, a homeopath in Minnesota, is conducting a study to gather data about using homeoprophylaxis (HP).  This is a 4-year program using homeopathic remedies to mimic the current vaccination schedule.  Someone mentioned Isaac Golden, who wrote a book about his 15-year study.  This study is based on that study.  If you have decided not to vax, you might be interested in participating.  Here's her website: http://freeandhealthychildren.com/.  I'm a supervising homeopath in South Florida, but you can contact her to find a supervisor in your area, if you prefer.  If you already see a homeopath, maybe that person would like to be a supervisor.  You don't need to see a homeopath to be in the program, though.

For me, HP is a much better alternative than the deluge of vaccines being given now.

Ruth Pearson Smith

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page