xposted from vaccinations - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-05-2012, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband is in the Air Force and has orders to Hawaii. We have chosen to delay vaccinating our six-month-old daughter until she's two. The problem is that the pediatrician won't sign off on her out processing paperwork unless she is vaccinated. I've talked to Immunizations and the Family Relocation Coordinator as well. Everyone says to vaccinate her but they can't provide me with an AFI or anything in writing so I don't think it actually has to happen. I've also called the base in Hawaii but they told me to work it through the Family Relocation Coordinator. I feel like they're making assumptions so they don't have to actually figure anything out. Does anyone know exactly what needs to happen or how I can find out?  We would settle for giving her one or two vaccines specific to risks in Hawaii, but would rather not spring a dozen on her at once

#2 of 3 Old 06-05-2012, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Update:  Family Relocation Coordinator finally said we had to submit all our medical paperwork at once to Hickam who then had two weeks to decide if they would accept our daughter to the base.  Until then my husband's orders wouldn't have us on them so we can't get TMO outprocessing started or anything.  Also the MPF here is notoriously slow and messes up at least three times before accurate orders are cut. (Not an exaggeration, we've been at this base before and it's consistent)  We don't have the time to deal with all that.  I still haven't been provided with an AFI or anything.  Is this necessary?  Could a chaplain do anything? 

#3 of 3 Old 06-05-2012, 12:11 PM

AF regulations allow for religious exemptions which they have to accept. Google old threads for the exact regulations... It's here :)

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page