Think the tables may be turning? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been watching (north of the border) with some sadness the erosion of parental choice when it comes to vaccination for a number of years.  Lousy exemptions, doctors refusing non-vax patients, insisting Californians talk to a doctor or other HCP and getting a doctor to sign off on their right to skip vaccination, as well as the debacle last year where many Californian school children were being excluded from school for lack of paperwork….

Anyhow, rant over.

I saw this today and was quite happy:

http://www.nvic.org/NVIC-Vaccine-News/May-2012/americans-fight-for-vaccine-choices.aspx

and this (first paragraph)

http://www.naturalnews.com/035974_college_vaccines_mandates.html

Do you think people are getting tired of the co-ersive nature of  pro-vax policies and finally rebelling?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 AM

Hoping so!!! smile.gif

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
Old 06-18-2012, 04:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
Do you think people are getting tired of the co-ersive nature of  pro-vax policies and finally rebelling?

I sure hope so.

I do not know what it will take but the current ploy to force more pertussis toxin into our kids just may do it! Yeah this crap does not work here you MUST take more of it.

The HPV is so obviously and IMMEDIATELY toxic; MOST are refusing to complete the three shot debacle.

Recent surveys are showing 52% of parents are seriously QUESTIONING "vaccination".

Once parents figure out just what "vaccination" really is, there is going to be hell to pay.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
I think that, as people become more aware and delay/refuse vaccines, there is a corresponding clamping down by Pharma-driven government and by Pharma-educated health care providers.

We're seeing increased awareness of vaccine risks and lousy vaccine efficacy because of the Internet. But we're also seeing a huge campaign--in all possible media--extolling the virtues of vaccines, and downplaying (or even denying) every single problem associated with vaccines.

The US news media has censored reporting of studies linking vaccines with autoimmune issues, brain damage, and, of course, autism. Not one U S newspaper even mentioned very recent cases in France and in Italy, where those governments conceded that MMR caused autism. Nor did they mention the exoneration of Dr. Walker-Smith.

We have always seen twisted half-truths and outright lies from the media on vaccine safety, vaccine effectiveness, etc. The most common lie they keep printing is that there are no studies linking vaccines to autism, but recently, they've been saying complete and total lies, like, "the latest rise in autism proves that thimerosal isn't involved, because that was taken out of vaccines in 2001, and autism is still increasing in 2012!"

For newbies reading along here, the 2012 figures were taken from 2008 studies, done on children born in 2000, who got more thimerosal-containing shots than previous years' children. So they keep printing a wrong conclusion based on horrendous error.

We're also seeing unprecedented backlash from the medical community, ranging from the threat of refusal to treat a child not up-to-date on vaacines to the recent case in Hershey, where the hospital took away the newborn of parents who refused the hep b shot and forced the mom (who was breastfeeding) to leave the hospital.

So I think the answer to your question is--I think the battle has just begun, and it's going to get uglier before it gets better.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

We're also seeing unprecedented backlash from the medical community, ranging from the threat of refusal to treat a child not up-to-date on vaacines to the recent case in Hershey, where the hospital took away the newborn of parents who refused the hep b shot and forced the mom (who was breastfeeding) to leave the hospital.

So I guess we need to ask whose side is the "Medical Community" on? The side of Industrial Vaccination Inc. or the side of our kids and us?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

So I guess we need to ask whose side is the "Medical Community" on? The side of Industrial Vaccination Inc. or the side of our kids and us?

It's not that black-and-white, Louisw.

The "Medical Community" is made up of caring, intelligent, hard-working doctors and nurses who believe that they are on our side.  

I have several close friends who are doctors and nurses, and they have no IDEA how carefully they've been trained by big pharma. 

The thread ma2two just posted is a really good example; my friends all believe that the MMR is extremely effective, and that safety testing has been carefully done by Merck, and that the FDA is the watchdog organization it's supposed to be, and that it would have caught any possible wrongdoing early on.

They have no freaking idea how wrong they are.

When you've looked up to the medical profession your whole life, when you've been trained in childhood to revere doctors and nurses as bastions of knowledge, when you've worked your tail off to get through nursing or medical school--it really does become something of a religion.

Look at the mantras we see quoted by the pharma bloggers: "Science has spoken." "Science has saved us." "Scientific method."  They talk about "scientific peer review" as though it were some kind of sanctification, without realizing that the whole process is rife with "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" corruption.

It's no accident that David Gorski's screen name is "Orac," suggesting an oracle.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Medicine is the New Religion

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/217766-Modern-Medicine-The-Hidden-Influence-of-Beliefs-and-Fears

Quote:
Medicine, then, has become the new world religion. The specific myths, beliefs and rites of Christianity have been unconsciously projected over medicine since Pasteur. As I explain in detail in my book, we can establish a very close parallelism between the catholic religion and modern medicine, although, for lack of space, I cannot go into all the details of each comparison in this article
Old 06-24-2012, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

Medicine is the New Religion

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/217766-Modern-Medicine-The-Hidden-Influence-of-Beliefs-and-Fears

Quote:
Medicine, then, has become the new world religion. The specific myths, beliefs and rites of Christianity have been unconsciously projected over medicine since Pasteur. As I explain in detail in my book, we can establish a very close parallelism between the catholic religion and modern medicine, although, for lack of space, I cannot go into all the details of each comparison in this article

Great article, thanks for posting that!

Quote:
[t]he hidden religious dimension of modern medicine inhibits the free debating of already fixed beliefs, and preventing them from being properly re-examined and criticised. Indeed, dogmatism, irrationality and passions - all characteristic of the religious experience - take precedence over any calm and carefully thought out argument, even over the most tenuous facts. The same vehemence that led Galileo to be condemned by the Church for his theories, in spite of the scientifically demonstrable facts, is now being used by medicine to reject any thesis that is contrary to its own dogmas. Science has learnt its lessons from the Church. 

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 06-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

It's not that black-and-white, Louisw.

The "Medical Community" is made up of caring, intelligent, hard-working doctors and nurses who believe that they are on our side.  

I have several close friends who are doctors and nurses, and they have no IDEA how carefully they've been trained by big pharma.

Yes I agree completely.

HOWEVER if a person is to make medicine his/her life's work IMO this REQUIRES a commitment to learn the basic TRUTHS of his or her profession. There is so much controversy about "vaccination" it should be totally obvious to all that this is an important controversial subject they MUST discover the truth about.

It is clear to me TOO MANY in the Medical Industry are perfectly willing to follow marching orders against the cry of the voice inside them saying NO, NO, NO.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:

It is clear to me TOO MANY in the Medical Industry are perfectly willing to follow marching orders against the cry of the voice inside them saying NO, NO, NO.

Here is a great example. A nurse on night phone duty for a pediatricians office is instructed to basically ignore panicky calls from mothers whose children have recently been "vaccinated". She will get calls such as "my baby has been wailing inconsolably for many hours and I am afraid; she will not nurse; what can I do". Now if these calls were RARE a caring healthcare system would see that mother and her baby in the middle of the night; the doctor who injected the baby would be awakened and see the results of his "work";  the baby would be examined and the mother consoled.

BUT these results are NOT RARE. They are common! The Medical System including all members of a pediatricians office who field panicky calls from mothers of recently "vaccinated" babies in the middle of the night have to KNOW something is VERY WRONG.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:

The Medical System including all members of a pediatricians office who field panicky calls from mothers of recently "vaccinated" babies in the middle of the night have to KNOW something is VERY WRONG.

No, they don't--not if they were carefully trained to believe that panicky calls from mothers of recently vaccinated babies in the middle of the night are to be expected, not because of real vaccine reactions, but because they've been trained to believe that mothers panic unnecessarily over those nice, safe vaccines, and they've been trained to believe that vaccines can't cause serious reactions.

Or, as I was told while my baby had vaccine-induced seizures, "vaccines don't DO that," and "you're over-reacting because you're a new mommy, and you don't know any better.  He's just a little fussy, don't worry." 

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List