SC Religious Exemption- Appointment!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-26-2012, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm so mad right now.  I just have to vent and if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

I live in Lexington county and I have to make an appointment to get the form 1126 for religious exemption.  I made an appointment with my regional office... and it's not until 2 weeks!!!!  I need tohave these forms so I can go back to work.  It's unfair enough that I have to make an appointment to supposedly explain myself but that I have to wait two weeks to go in person to get a piece of paper that states I am exercising my legal rights in not having my child vaccinated is unreal and very upsetting!  

Is there anything I can do to get this form faster?  Has anyone in my country or region done this recently with less hassle?  I am reeling with anger right now.  Bless my poor husband's heart as he is coming home right now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-26-2012, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

You could try just showing up a the regional office and telling them you have an appointment. They'll see you don't, of course, but "there must have been some mistake," and maybe the person will be nice and agree to see you since you are already there?

Edited to add: I just read on this thread http://www.mothering.com/community/t/880079/sc-religious-exemption (posts #13 and #15) a couple different people just showed up at the regional office without an appointment and got the form without too much hassle. One person went to a different county and there was no problem with that.

#3 of 3 Old 08-16-2012, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I havent been to Mothering in YEARS.. but yesterday I went to Richland Health Department (SC) & asked for the form and was told about the apointment & they are booked up for weeks . while sitting there waiting to see if they could fit me in (they couldnt) i googled vaccine exemption appointment & this thread came up.. you probably have it taken care of now.. but thought Id comment anyways. this is our 3rd exemption.. 1st 2 i walked into our old health dept (we just moved) in Chesterfield county & walked out 1 minute later with the forms. I called my mom yesterday, shes in marlboro county & she went & walked in & got the form. Id make a road trip before dealing with Lexington or Richland county Health departments

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page