Exposing 11 month old to chicken pox? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-01-2012, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just learned that the mother of someone I know has chicken pox. I was thinking of seeing if I could expose my 8 and 5 year olds. My 8 year old was exposed when he was 3 but he didn't get it. My 5 year old has never been exposed. I'm wondering if it's dangerous for my still breastfeeding 11 month old. Or is it ok if he gets it?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#2 of 7 Old 07-01-2012, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I took my kids, ages 3 and 11 months, to a chicken pox party. It was the 3yo's 3rd try to catch them! So I figured based on that, that the baby wouldn't get it. Course, they both did get it. The baby got a milder case, but still enough spots for it to be obvious he got it. He didn't act bothered by it at all. If I were in your position, I'd probably go for it for the sake of the older kids. 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#3 of 7 Old 07-02-2012, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. The only thing that really worries me is having 3 with chicken pox at the same time.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#4 of 7 Old 07-02-2012, 04:31 PM

We were all 16, 14, 12, 9, 6 and 2 months when the pox came to our house. It was fine. I am the eldest, and the one who brought it into the house. I was over it enough to be helpful when the other kids came down. The 2 month old is now 16 1/2 and just fine. He didn't get it bad though. A lady at church was trying to expose her 7 month old daughter, not sure if she got it or not though.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#5 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

ttontu-

I am going to remove your post.  This is the The I'm not vaccinating forum, and therefore your posts violates the forum guidlines.  If you would like to start a thread regarding chicken pox vaccines in the regular vaccine forum, please feel free to do so:

Quote:

This is not a place for debate or discussions on the merits of vaccines or the dangers of not vaccinating, it is also not a place to argue against vaccines or selective and delayed vaccination schedules. Such discussions are already hosted in the main Vaccinations forum and posts in that vein are most welcome and appropriate there. Please respect this and post at all times with this in mind.

MarineWife-

I am going to go ahead and remove your post.  Quoting a UAV  only draws attention to it and makes it more difficult to moderate for.  In the future, please just report it, and then let it go. 

#6 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfTheMeadow View Post

MarineWife-
I am going to go ahead and remove your post.  Quoting a UAV  only draws attention to it and makes it more difficult to moderate for.  In the future, please just report it, and then let it go. 

Oh, duh.gif. Sorry about that. No problem. I will just report next time. smile.gif

#7 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Oh, duh.gif. Sorry about that. No problem. I will just report next time. smile.gif

No worries!  smile.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page