Reverse Vaccination in older child - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-02-2012, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all, I have a 2 year old daughter who was vaccinated until 18months and had no reactions to them. I am currently 35 weeks pregnant and most likely choosing NOT to vaccinate this time. It was a huge decision because it amplified the guilt I feel for vaccinating my 2 year old. Although it hasn't seemed to effect her negatively, I am very interested in detoxifying her system of heavy metals and other toxins that this may have caused. I know one was is through something called chelation, but from what I understand it is also risky and seems to be done in extreme cases where the child has autism or other major reactions. 

I am looking for more natural methods to detoxify her system (I know avoiding flour and sugar are two) but I would definately like more information.

Please help!

#2 of 5 Old 07-02-2012, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)

You need to be EXTREMELY careful with chelation; in the process of chelating out heavy metals, you can also chelate out things like calcium, which you NEED.

There has been at least one fatality, because the doctor doing the chelating used the wrong chelating agent.

As far as I know, chelation is never recommended unless there is proof that it is needed.

If there was no obvious effect from vaccines, it is likely that your daughter's body already excreted the heavy metals from the vaccines, which means that further chelation is unnecessary.

If the heavy metals already crossed the blood-brain barrier (which sounds very unlikely in your daughter's case, if she has no obvious problems), then chelation would be unlikely to help.

Unless you have reason to suspect heavy metal toxicity in your daughter, I would stick with a basic healthy diet--low on refined sugars and refined flours, high on vegetables, fruit, protein.

#3 of 5 Old 07-02-2012, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/406983/nutrition-immunology-101-sticky-please

Read this... full of all kinds of great discussion and detox, nutrition etc.

S

DS-14

DS-14      

DD-9

DD-3

"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."

Sun Tzu

#4 of 5 Old 07-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Banned

If your child is healthy, in addition to there being no need to chelate, there is no need to detox.  If her gut hasn't processed out any toxin in the last 6 months since her last vaccination, nothing you make her eat or not eat will lead to her gut processing it now.  "Detox" is often code for "poop constantly" in supplement/health food marketing, and while adults sometimes enjoy the resulting weight loss, it's not healthy or safe for a toddler. 

A basic healthy diet is your best bet here.  Whole wheat, fruits and veggies, and plenty or protein and fats to support brain development. 

pers, Taximom5 and lvvq like this.
#5 of 5 Old 07-03-2012, 07:17 AM

Another vote for leave it alone. She seems healthy, right?  One of the issues I have with vaxxing is taking a healthy infant and injecting them with stuff that could make them sick (adverse side effects, etc).  Likewise - I would be hesitant to put a healthy child through a detox.  Why mess with things if they are going well?

Are you worried about specific ingredients?  If you are worried about mercury and aluminum, you can take steps to minimize her exposure.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page