How to fake a vaccination record? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am mostly against vaccination with a few exceptions. I live in MA where it is possible to get an exemption for school admission but I'd think it would be more durable to simply have a fake. I'd love to see examples and get tips.

In my country of origin, I've had a doctor signing on for me without actually vaccinating but that will be harder here and I signed another one myself. It was very easy and worked, it's just a paper booklet. If a stamp is needed, it's easy to have one made over the internet for cheap.

I do not know how this works in the USA, I have never seen an American vaccination record yet.

My child is expected in 10 weeks and I'm definitively not vaccinating against hepatitis A and B, rotovirus, influenza, MMR and meningococcal.

I might do DTaP I'm on the fence for now for Pneumoccocal, varicella and polio.

I myself only had DT+IPV and PCV vaccines.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 08:38 AM

I would try to find an alternative to falsifying a document.  Since your child is not even close to being in school yet, there is no reason to falsify a vaccine record at this point.

I don't know what the school vaccination requirements are in Massachusetts, but most states have philosophical and/or religious vaccine exemptions available.  That is far better than lying.

Meganlauriana likes this.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#3 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

The baby will go to daycare at 3 months and vaccination starts at birth here with Hep B (which we will reject) and 2 months with DTaP, which I may do later if I do it. The issue with the exemption is that it needs to be renewed yearly. Once you have a fake it's a no worries pass that does not expire. Also should we need to move, some States do not allow exemptions. It would also prevent any fight with the day care and schools that my not be so understanding with having a non vaccinated child in the house.

#4 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 10:15 AM

Are you talking about faking a medical exemption?  You may have problems on your hands with a daycare regardless--as a private institution they can reject unvaccinated kids whether they have exemptions or not.

#5 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 AM

I disagree with what you are doing. What kind of example are you setting for your child to lie and falsify documents? Granted, your child is a baby now, but eventually if you keep needing to turn in vaccination records they'll figure it out. Are you going to tell your child they are not actually vaccinated when they get older? Or are you going to lie to them as well? What if they tell someone they are not vaccinated? Are you going to teach them to lie and say they have had their vaccinations? Also, it seems like you could have a lawsuit on your hands if it ever comes out that you falsified documents that could potentially put other people's kids at risk. (I'm not saying that your child is putting anyone at risk by not being vaccinated, but that's what the other parents or daycare will think if you're not upfront with it.)

#6 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejagerw View Post

I disagree with what you are doing. What kind of example are you setting for your child to lie and falsify documents? Granted, your child is a baby now, but eventually if you keep needing to turn in vaccination records they'll figure it out. Are you going to tell your child they are not actually vaccinated when they get older? Or are you going to lie to them as well? What if they tell someone they are not vaccinated? Are you going to teach them to lie and say they have had their vaccinations? Also, it seems like you could have a lawsuit on your hands if it ever comes out that you falsified documents that could potentially put other people's kids at risk. (I'm not saying that your child is putting anyone at risk by not being vaccinated, but that's what the other parents or daycare will think if you're not upfront with it.)

The OP does not appear to be asking for your approval for what she is doing.

OP, it appears that MA does in fact have an exemption form for religious beliefs. http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements/massachusetts.aspx 

As stated on MDC before, your religion can be whatever you want it to be. I don't think a state has the right to ask you what religion you practice or to question your credo.

Certified Crazy™ Wife to my Spiderman husband luxlove.gif(Aug '01)

Super proud Momma  to DD (Jan'00), DD (Apr '02) and DS (Jun '04)

Always loving and missing our Baby James angel.gif born sleeping at 19 weeks (July '03).

signcirc1.gif

#7 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 03:46 PM

It seems to me that since vaccinating is not a state or federal law, you are better off filing for an exemption. There will be daycares and pediatricians who will accept children who have not been vaccinated. Being honest from the start will set your child up better for his or her medical care. It is important to know that someone has not been vaccinated - like, for instance if a child with chicken pox or mumps comes to school sick. This is important information for both the pediatrician and the school/daycare. What you are proposing is ethically wrong and a potential harm to society.
#8 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

This is simply not worth worrying about.

Only 3/10 provinces have any sort of exemption needed to get into school in Canada, and I can tell you that we do not have school kids dropping like flies from VPD's.  Indeed, I doubt our rates of VPD's are very different from yours.

Moreover, as people keep pointing out, the number of totally unvaxxed kids is really low.  They do not pose a threat to you (given herd immunity and the fact that some vaccines are somewhat effective).

I do not understand why the unvaxxed elicit such a fear response.  

Look at the stats on how many VPD's are floating around - the chances of a non vaxxed child catching something and giving it to your vaxxed child are so incredibly small.  A few exceptions apply (flu is one)

For the record, I think the OP should get an exemption when the time comes.  At a minimum, if there is an outbreak of a VPD, the school will know your child is unvaxxed and can inform you of the outbreak, so you can consider keeping the child home.  There may legal ramification to forging paperwork, as well.  I see no need to do it when an exemption is readily available.

Massachusetts is not in Canada.  Massachusetts had a significant pertussis outbreak this winter that, for reasons I do not understand, has not made it into the CDC reports.  And while kids aren't dropping like flies, pertussis does make people sick for a really long time, and it does pose a serious threat to infants and to kids with underlying health conditions.  Massachusetts does not have a single-payer health care system like Canada does, and treating pertussis in MA can be a major expense, depending on a family's insurance coverage.  I can't discuss the details of the cases I am aware of, but I know that some kids and families were in pretty rough shape, in various ways, as a consequence of pertussis this winter. 

If an exemption is on record, the school can notify parents to keep a kid home in an outbreak.  If there were large numbers of kids who were unvaccinated and had forged records, it would be hard for public health officials to understand and address the risks of an outbreak in a particular community. 

#9 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post

Massachusetts is not in Canada.  

I am well aware of that.

#10 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 07:07 PM

A reminder that this is the I'm Not Vaccinating forum, so calling someone's choices "disgustingly selfish" is not appropriate.

#11 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I live in MA, currently have two kids in daycare.

When the daycare asks for vax info on my kids, what they want is a letter or form signed by a practicing MD. No stamp or seal. The little booklet they gave out at the hospital as a "vaccination record" is for me, so I can keep track of what they've had, the daycares don't even want to look at it.

The daycare wants a piece of paper from a doctor, with contact info for the doctor, and a list of vaxes and significant health concerns, if any. Also, they want a new one every year.

I think faking vaccination records is ill-advised, unethical, and potentially harmful to other people in your community. I think it's reasonable for people on the "I'm Not Vaccinating" forum to have strong, negative reactions to fraud. It's "I'm not vaxing", not "Immoral Weasels - Support Only."

However, if we abandon the ethical objections, I still think forging vax records is a bad idea. You can find daycares that will be open-minded about vaccinating or not. This is Massachusetts, for the love of god. The state Mitt Romney doesn't like to admit he governed. We're practically wall to wall crunchy hippy liberals. But once a daycare finds out you faked your paperwork, they're likely to refuse to take your kid back into care.

You'd be better off telling the truth and asking people to accommodate your choices. There are plenty of people who'll do that, and be proud about it. There a lot less open-minded about being lied to.
#12 of 139 Old 07-19-2012, 07:52 PM

Just file the exemption.  Falsifying medical records is just not cool.

obstruct livery vehicles

#13 of 139 Old 07-20-2012, 04:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

What kind of legal ramifications would an average citizen face if caught falsifying medical records and committing medical fraud?  That is something to consider as well. 

#14 of 139 Old 07-20-2012, 06:33 AM

Falsifying records has very serious consequences. If the school finds out about it, you're in for a world of hurt. (I am a teacher, myself). And don't assume the school will never, ever find out. You'd be surprised what reaches our ears.

Alenushka likes this.
#15 of 139 Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

OP,

Get an exemption.  Some people might give you a hard time, but this is the way to go.

Pro rights (vaxes).
#16 of 139 Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)

Agree with the pp's that there might be legal implications in falsifying medical records.  And the doctors and nurses who falsify these records have their careers on the line, even if they were willing to do this, which I seriously doubt.

Also, as you have just witnessed, this kind of ill-conceived choice plays into the hands of those who are vehemently critical or parents who, for whatever reason, choose not to vax.

OP, you think this decision is going to make it easier in the long run.  I think it will end up being exactly opposite that.

purslaine likes this.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#17 of 139 Old 07-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

Closed for review.

#18 of 139 Old 07-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

There have been some excellent replies to the OPs question, which is great because we will not host a how-to on falsifying documents. 

However, there have been some responses that were really out of line. I have removed the posting privileges to this thread for a few people because of their posts and will also be issuing them a warning. It is not cool to insult and attack a member, no matter what you think of their opinions or actions.

It also looks some people are not aware that the I'm Not Vaccinating forum is not the place to talk about why vaccinating is necessary.

Quote:
Posting to this forum will not be restricted only to members who do not vaccinate. However, we will actively restrict conversations in favor of mandatory vaccination or other topics that would be inappropriate for the forum. This is not a place for debate or discussions on the merits of vaccines or the dangers of not vaccinating.

I am reopening the thread for discussion. Please keep the guidelines in mind when you post. Thank you. smile.gif

#19 of 139 Old 07-20-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

There have been some excellent replies to the OPs question, which is great because we will not host a how-to on falsifying documents. 

However, there have been some responses that were really out of line. I have removed the posting privileges to this thread for a few people because of their posts and will also be issuing them a warning. It is not cool to insult and attack a member, no matter what you think of their opinions or actions.

It also looks some people are not aware that the I'm Not Vaccinating forum is not the place to talk about why vaccinating is necessary.

I am reopening the thread for discussion. Please keep the guidelines in mind when you post. Thank you. smile.gif

Why are some of those posts still here?  

People come to this forum for support for not vaccinating.  Even if we don't agree with the OP's idea, having post after post about why vaccines are necessary and those who don't get them are ignorant/selfish/etc. is not exactly a supportive environment for members or lurkers.  This is not a vaccine debate thread.

#20 of 139 Old 07-20-2012, 07:38 PM

Faking immunization records is medical fraud.  My kids aren't vaccinated.  I made the choice not to vaccinate. I need to take resposibility for my health care choices for my children, not lie about.

EIther be willing to live with consquences of your choice not to vaccinate or vaccinate your kids.  You don't get to lie because you don't want to deal with being resposible for your choices.

Alenushka likes this.

Loving my life with J. and our kiddos Oldest Son 6/1997, Oldest Daughter 5/1998, Middle Son 9/2002, Youngest Son 10/2003 and our new baby girl 12/10 joy.gif  and our dog2.gif  dog2.gifcat.gifgoldfish.gif goldfish.gifgoldfish.gif
#21 of 139 Old 07-21-2012, 06:18 AM

Locked while I review and hand out nastygrams... C'mon, gang, you know better!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#22 of 139 Old 07-21-2012, 06:43 AM

I deleted possibly half of the thread due to UAVs and/or quoting UAVs. I'm reopening the thread because this conversation has been held, successfully, on these boards several times in the past.

Saying, "The decision to lie is unethical" is ok.

Calling the POSTER unethical, selfish, cavalier, uninformed, etc. is NOT ok.

Deal with the issue, not with the poster.

#23 of 139 Old 07-21-2012, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/massachusetts.htm This site has great state by state info on filing your exemption. Most day cares and schools accept exemptions the same as medical records. It's the far easier way to go. Basically you only need a letter stating your personal opposition to vaccination.

#24 of 139 Old 07-21-2012, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Can I say that the decision to lie about something such as this shows a lack of good judgement and integrity?

#25 of 139 Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakcerka View Post

Can I say that the decision to lie about something such as this shows a lack of good judgement and integrity?
Great question, and I spent some time thinking it over. I'm going to say no, as this is still a comment about the person making the decision and not the issue/decision specifically. To a certain extent, I feel as though this is a game of mincing words, which harkens back to the old-UA days. But, honestly, maybe some extra careful word selection could help reduce the tension in vax lately! smile.gif

#26 of 139 Old 08-06-2012, 02:57 PM

1. I have to say that I am not a saint.  I have went and whited out the date on an old physical and used it to turn in for a 3 day Cub Scout Camp out that was to much of a pain to get in.  Scheduling and paying for a doctor visit...blah blah blah.

2. Now I don't think that I would be so bold as to forge something like that for school.  That just seems like something that could be counterproductive and could come back to haunt you later.  Not to mention losing your credibility with the staff.  You are going to be dealing with the grade school staff for years and lying to them will not be easily forgiven by them.  I prefer to be able to take the "high ground" on matters like these so I am credible and respected.

3.  I love the comment by the moderator. re "handing out nastygrams".  that is a great way of phrasing it.

#27 of 139 Old 09-27-2012, 11:56 AM

Medical records are supposed to be private. What we do with our bodies is our business. Legislation that mandates medical anything is purely based on profits. That being said, if the system sucks, find a way to circumvent. 

kathymuggle and Rynz like this.
#28 of 139 Old 09-27-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickthenomad View Post

Medical records are supposed to be private. What we do with our bodies is our business. Legislation that mandates medical anything is purely based on profits. That being said, if the system sucks, find a way to circumvent. 

I agree.  Do what you've got to do for your children.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#29 of 139 Old 09-27-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepyCat View Post

I live in MA, currently have two kids in daycare.
When the daycare asks for vax info on my kids, what they want is a letter or form signed by a practicing MD. No stamp or seal. The little booklet they gave out at the hospital as a "vaccination record" is for me, so I can keep track of what they've had, the daycares don't even want to look at it.
The daycare wants a piece of paper from a doctor, with contact info for the doctor, and a list of vaxes and significant health concerns, if any. Also, they want a new one every year.

I'm not in MA, and we are caught up vax-wise, but this is my experience too. I've never been given a little booklet, actually. I can get it online though. Sometimes the camp or program will accept a health form from a dr visit "within the last 2 years," but usually they want one annually. When we go to the dr. for an annual visit, I ask for copies of the standard school/daycare health form with each kids'  info filled out and dr. signed. Then I make a dozen-ish copies and we're set for the year. 

Book loving, editor mom to 2

#30 of 139 Old 11-10-2012, 01:28 AM

Hello there,  I just have to say that I was googling how to do the same thing and I came up with your thread.  If you have figured it out on your own without the advice of any of these naysayers please privately email me and let me know what you did and if it worked.  THanks.  I too have not immunized my children, but the reason I am looking is because I want to take radiology in college.  However, I have no vaccination records from when I was little therefore they would like me to get them again.  I am opposed to this since I know that I have had them already.  ladyofkris@gmail.com

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page