Dr Took Son from her Arms to Forcibly Vaccinate - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 86 Old 08-06-2012, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just read the article and it sounds very much like the way I was once treated by a doctor over a treatment for my daughter's asthma. This was about ten years ago, she was 6 or 7. She was having an episode and we we'd recently been dropped from her father's insurance so we had to see a new doctor. He gave her a neb treatment, then started writing prescriptions for steroids and antibiotics, as well as additional inhalers. When I asked him what they were for and whether they were compatible with her current maintenance meds, he became irate and yelled at me, "She could DIE. She could DIE. Is that what you want? Your daughter could DIE."
This was all right in front of my poor kid, and all because I dared to ask questions. I am inclined to believe the author was not exaggerating.

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

#62 of 86 Old 08-06-2012, 05:23 PM

Yet another reason I'm glad I have such a GREAT MD, ABCMT, CNS . He knows both sides and he is so balanced. He will take time and talk to you, learning from you. I don't know how many times he's said, "I had a patient with that problem and they said they _________ and it really helped."  Such an improvement from the one I first had when I got sick with my Crohns. That man was pretty sure he was God and I was totally a peon. I never went back after the first office visit with him.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#63 of 86 Old 08-06-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Here is a short radio interview with Alisha Ramsey conducted yesterday (Aug 5) on the event. She has reported the doctor. She also said, that other people have privately contacted her with similar stories with the same doctor. 

The interview starts around the 1:16 mark, but the whole radio show is worth listening to. The first part is with Suzanne Humphries on polio. She also talks about the reaction she got from other doctors as an allopathic MD questioning vaccines in her clinical practice. There is also an interview with Karen Ii, a mother of a vaccine injured child who was recovered largely through homeopathy.

That's pretty crazy stuff. I listened to the whole thing and learned some things. Hubby says no vax period. I've been selective vax-no vax. The more I hear like this the more I'm figuring out he's right. Thanks for posting.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#64 of 86 Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 PM

I listened to the radio broadcast of the incident. I'm sorry to say, it didn't sound genuine to me.

I have had poor experiences with doctors, so I believe it to be possible, in theory. However, this particular story just didn't ring true.

If it was falsified, that will hurt the credibility of anyone else with a story to tell. At this point I'm still waiting to see what happens next.
#65 of 86 Old 08-06-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

I listened to the radio broadcast of the incident. I'm sorry to say, it didn't sound genuine to me.
I have had poor experiences with doctors, so I believe it to be possible, in theory. However, this particular story just didn't ring true.
If it was falsified, that will hurt the credibility of anyone else with a story to tell. At this point I'm still waiting to see what happens next.

I agree with the bolded.

I'm curious what about the interview made you feel it was not genuine?  (This is just a question, not an argument.)

I listened to the interview and I believed her.  I've had several bad experiences with doctors so I may be too inclined to believe the story.  It took me too long to start standing up for myself and my children.

-  I was really bullied to vax my children.  I was not educated enough about vaccines and continued to vax for three years even though both children had reactions.  At first I was told the reactions were not serious and then when we discovered they were, I was told they were not from the vaccinations.  (My daughter has epilepsy as a result.)

-  When I was pregnant, the OB told me how she planned to deliver my transverse preemie twin.  When I expressed my concern, she told me to 'stop being neurotic'.  Instead of walking out and finding a new doctor, I allowed her to go ahead.  (As a result of the violent delivery, my son had a grade II brain bleed.)

-  When I was young, I had a very creepy experience with an OBGYN.  When I think about all he said, I cannot believe I stayed on the table and continued being his patient.

I say all of this to explain how people - even fairly intelligent, educated people - can allow themselves to be bullied/mistreated by doctors.  And in my experiences above, all three doctors had overinflated egos, were on power trips and felt they could treat me horribly.  In hindsight, I feel stupid.

#66 of 86 Old 08-07-2012, 03:47 AM

I agree it is possible, even for educated, intelligent people to be bullied into doing something they don't believe in or want. I also think it is possible for a doctor or nurse to be a bully. I just don't think she sounded sincere. I won't give specifics, because I don't want to give tips to someone faking stories for doing it better.

I was 80-90% in favor of believing the story. Now I think there's only a 7% chance it's genuine.
#67 of 86 Old 08-08-2012, 05:33 AM

I hope I didn't kill this thread. Has anyone else listened to that radio show?
#68 of 86 Old 08-08-2012, 06:13 AM

I've listened to it.  I don't doubt her story in whole.  I believe the doctors thought they could bully her into compliance.  Whether the doctor said 14 or would really have given 14 I don't know.  I do not think she made up the story, she only had a few people who followed her blog and she just wrote it there because she didn't know what else to do.  It was other people who made it go viral, not her.  She is a real person and not just a story.  If she did exaggerate it was out of emotion not for attention.  The core of the story rings true even if a "fact" or two are exaggerated.  I believe a line was crossed in the doctors office that day and the result left a mother feeling violated, scared and angry.  

abiyhayil, Marnica and kathymuggle like this.

Done with diapers!!

#69 of 86 Old 08-08-2012, 07:25 AM

I don't think you killed the thread. I just don't know that there is that much more to say. You either believe her or you don't. The fact is that there are only 3 people who know the truth- her, the doctor and the student. You're only going to hear her version, since the other two are bound by privacy laws. The doctor can not speak out to defend himself.
#70 of 86 Old 08-08-2012, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

I listened to it.

I've had some wonderful doctors, but have had enough doctors/nurses/dentists who behaved similarly that I can attest to the believability of her story.  Whether it really happened the way she wrote it cannot be determined unless there was video footage, but there is no element of that story that has not happened to someone else in the US.

My 4 1/2 pound preemie was taken from my arms to be vaccinated (with my reluctant acquiescance after a rather feeble protest that I thought he was too tiny for vaccines). 

We know of at least one newborn (in Hershey, PA) who was taken from his mother for HESITATING on vaccination.

We know of a child in Michigan who was taken from her mother for refusing psych meds.

Several mothers HERE have reported being threatened with social services taking their children if they don't vaccinate.

And we all know doctors who are arrogant control freaks who attempt "treatment" by force.

We often see people--particularly men-- casting doubt on and attacking the character of rape victims who tell their story.  I don't think doctors jumping to do the same to this mother are any different.

#71 of 86 Old 08-09-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

OT:  I have heard a couple of stories lately where sel/delayed are being given a hard time.  You are the third story I have heard in the past few weeks  where someone who is sel/delyed reports that the health care provider says "he needs __ number of shots and will be receiving them today."  It sounds like a catch line  - and note how it is phrased as a statement instead of a question.

I do know that when I say we do not vax, doctors seem mildly annoyed.  They might bring it up once or twice afterwards, but most seem to understand that "no means no" and they give up.  My GP has not tried since the babies were infants.  

Sel/delayed seems worse - perhaps because you seem willing to give some vaccines they think they can talk you into  all vaccines?  I just do not know.  I have heard education is tricky, too (although I hope I am wrong!) that exemptions are sometimes for all vaccines or none ?  (anyone with more info?).  

Hang in there and do what you think is best for your kids.

ROFL you're right, that is starting to sound like the stock response. Personally, my husband and I (ESPECIALLY DH, as he is vehemenently against vaccination) wouldn't have given him any of those vile things, but in my town if you want to recieve state aid, you have to play ball. There are the state granted exceptions of course, but the hoops they make you jump through to get approved for something like WIC or childcare assistance is ridiculous (I'm STILL fighting the childcare assistance office on this one!) And when it comes to "educating the educator", I gave up ages ago fighting with them. My entire family has gotten very sick from the flu vax, and my mother actually got measels from the MMR. Oh, the fights I got into over that! "It's impossible to get sick from these vaccines", but it's a live virus. EH?! At least when he was born it was easy. They asked me if I wanted him to have his initial vaccination, and they took my no for what it was. I had a harder time getting them to keep the paci and the formula out of his mouth!

#72 of 86 Old 08-10-2012, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

It doesn't sound that outrageous to me. In fact, I think the title of this post is what's making the story unbelievable. The blog doesn't say he took her son; it sounds to me like the doctor has an issue with his authority and thought he could intimidate this mom into vaccinating. They've tried it with me- never ever to an extent like that, but they try. I wonder if people would be so vehemently defending the doctor and villifying the blog author if the issue were anything but vaccines.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

#73 of 86 Old 08-10-2012, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlec View Post

It doesn't sound that outrageous to me. In fact, I think the title of this post is what's making the story unbelievable. The blog doesn't say he took her son; it sounds to me like the doctor has an issue with his authority and thought he could intimidate this mom into vaccinating. They've tried it with me- never ever to an extent like that, but they try. I wonder if people would be so vehemently defending the doctor and villifying the blog author if the issue were anything but vaccines.

Good point. But vaccines are the equivalent of holy water.

MrsKoehn likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#74 of 86 Old 08-16-2012, 01:56 PM

I wish we could get an update on the story, I think several people contacted the hospital/pediatric clinic regarding it just going off the comments that were on the blog. I myself am on the fence TBH.

Ima Sophie + D + J =
#75 of 86 Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post

Flu shot is not given this time of year.

Well it did not used to be given at this time of the year but it seems things have changed. My radio tells me SEVERAL times a day to "get my flu shot".

They also did not "vaccinate" pregnant women. It was standard medical practice to almost NEVER "vaccinate" a pregnant women; the danger was well know. Now my radio tells me it is safe and effective to vaccinate a pregnant woman. What my radio does not tell me is that every completely worthless "flu shot" also contains the deadly and useless "H1N1 vaccine"; this toxin has been shown to have resulted in at least 4000 spontaneous abortions the first year it was given to pregnant women.

http://organichealthadviser.com/archives/shocking-h1n1-swine-flu-vaccine-miscarriage-stores-from-pregnant-women-tell-your-doctors-that-vaccines-and-pregnancy-do-not-mix

"Vaccination's" time has come and is in the process of passing. The net is allowing tens of millions of women to view the facts. The Medical Tyranny in this country will not let "vaccination" go; they have important plans for "vaccination". This story does seem surreal but so are many rape stories that mostly turn out to be true. "Vaccination" IMO is medical rape.

They always tell us to listen to rape victims.

#76 of 86 Old 08-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningpearl View Post

Whether the doctor said 14 or would really have given 14 I don't know. 

Why would any "doctor" give a "vaccine soup" of shots  numbering nine, seven, five or THREE?

Does this doctor know these "vaccines" are not tested in ANY combination?

All "vaccines" are only tested INDIVIDUALLY; why are they not given INDIVIDUALLY?

#77 of 86 Old 08-22-2012, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:

Rv is not given to two year olds. Flu shot is not given this time of year.

Flu shots are given at the 6 month well-baby-checkup--no matter what time of year.

In addition, every Walgreens, Target, Kmart, CVS, and RiteAid have year-round signs at their entrances announcing "Get Your Flu Shot Today."

#78 of 86 Old 08-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:

I don't believe I've ever said anything about mandatory vaccination. It's not something I agree with.

Well then I suggest you start to listen to stories like this. The reason this story is so chilling to me is the REPEATED attempt to wrench a child from his mothers arms. This happens all the time in dictatorship. We are about half way there in the USA.

IMO do not allow the state, or its medical surrogate,  to physically separate you from your spouse, child or any loved one. Start screaming your head off as you battle.

MrsKoehn likes this.
#79 of 86 Old 08-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Banned

#80 of 86 Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

Of course not, a ped can toxin inject many dozens of innocent babies a day but he would probably not be able sexually assault more than a few times.

LOL!

Wow. Not funny at all. Completely inappropriate to joke about something so serious.
#81 of 86 Old 08-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMoulton View Post

Wow. Not funny at all. Completely inappropriate to joke about something so serious.
#82 of 86 Old 08-22-2012, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

Ever hear of gallows humor? You will; you will.

Call it what you want, the fact remains that your comment was completely inappropriate.
#83 of 86 Old 08-22-2012, 12:07 PM

Louisw, you're taking this thread way off-topic, and there's no need to bring up the former USSR, TSA, etc. Please edit and try to get back on track. Also, keep in mind that this is already an emotional topic, and when your fellow members indicate that they are bothered by your tone or approach, you might reflect on how better to express yourself.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#84 of 86 Old 08-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
Also, keep in mind that this is already an emotional topic, and when your fellow members indicate that they are bothered by your tone or approach, you might reflect on how better to express yourself.

Yes I agree. It seems I went into a feeding frenzy. Please forgive me.

My problem is this "vaccine issue" has been so stacked in favor of "vaccination" for so long it is hard for me to get the new reality of "vaccine" critical examination through my tough skull.

I will try more.

#85 of 86 Old 08-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsam View Post

I say all of this to explain how people - even fairly intelligent, educated people - can allow themselves to be bullied/mistreated by doctors.  And in my experiences above, all three doctors had overinflated egos, were on power trips and felt they could treat me horribly.  In hindsight, I feel stupid.

Thank you for telling us your story.

Please don't feel stupid or anything else negative. You are a brave woman. Your story is going to give MANY women the insight to do the right thing.

#86 of 86 Old 02-20-2013, 03:37 PM

"...The first part is with Suzanne Humphries on polio. She also talks about the reaction she got from other doctors as an allopathic MD questioning vaccines in her clinical practice. There is also an interview with Karen Ii, a mother of a vaccine injured child who was recovered largely through homeopathy...

I just found this post/comment and thought I would state that I would comment and state that I AM the Mom who was interviewed by Shawn, but my name is not Karen Ii - it's KIM Ii (pronounced EEE - husband is Japanese/American).  What's so interesting is that my sister's name IS Karen...smile.gif

I thought I would give a shout out to Shawn and state that prior to doing that show, he'd spoken with this Mom re: the rude physician's assistant who tried to grab her son away from her.  Shawn verified to the best of his ability that she was, indeed, telling the truth.  Again, it was NOT the physician that this Mom stated tried to take her baby out of her arms - it was the assistant who tried to do so.  I don't think she indicated that this assistant tried to yank or otherwise grab the child out of her arms, but he clearly tried to TAKE the child out of her arms.

She was telling the truth.  I have seen and borne witness to many tales of medical harassment in my day, some having to do with moi, here.  I was just discussing this very issue with my husband the other day as a matter of fact.  There was a nurse in the pediatric group we were using at the time (twice) who was completely rude and downright obnoxious as we were waiting in the room for the pediatrician to come in.

She was standing next to me while reading through our son's chart; she was NOT looking at me, but as she was reading through the chart, she noted that our son had NOT had any vaccines since the age of six months (he was then two) and that he was somewhere in the fifth percentile in size/weight for his age.

Given that I am barely five feet and around 100 or so pounds dripping wet, I looked aside at her and asked if I looked like an Amazon to her (sarcasm noted).  She made no reply.  I then proceeded to tell her that I did not like her attitude; I noted that our son's vaccine reactions were all duly noted in his medical file and that further, the pediatrician was already very well aware that we were no longer vaccinating our son.

She left the exam room in a decided huff.  When the pediatrician came in, I immediately notified him that this nurse was to never come near our son, or us, ever again.  I don't know if most folks know this, but you have the legal right to state, IN WRITING, on your child's medical forms, that you do not wish to have certain healthcare providers work with you if there have been issues with your interactions with them, in prior circumstances.

So - yes.  Healthcare practitioners are not Gods; they can and do, have bad days and SOME of them can be rude and quite obnoxious.  Conversely, I have worked with several lovely healthcare providers as well - good and bad in everything.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page