Dr Took Son from her Arms to Forcibly Vaccinate - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

http://crunchyowlmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/cmon-sheeple-light-up-another-camel.html

Quote:
 Then the student dr tried to take my son from my arms, and as he was reaching for him the ped tells me "your son will be receiving 14 vaccinations today, Mrs. Ramsey." 
Yes, you read that correctly FOURTEEN in ONE day.

Quote:
The ped goes on about how I am not thinking of the best interest of my child and how I'm going to kill him and that he WILL be getting the vaccines today and more every month until he is up to date in full.  His voice is beginning to raise by now and the look on his face stern. "this is for the best Mrs Ramsey so be compliant." he says to me as for a 3rd time the student dr tries to take Adam from my arms, this time a little more assertively. 

applejuice likes this.
#2 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what an idiotic doctor. If he really wanted to have a chance to convince her to vaccinate he would have ongoing logical compassionate discussions with her, not scare her off with force and intimidation. He's a bully and wasn't truly concerned for her child.
#3 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 09:11 AM

I'm sorry, that story is complete and utter bs. There aren't even 14 vaccines on the schedule for a 2 year old. Even in this doctor was going to give every single vaccine, it still doesn't add up.

Hep b
Hep a
PVC
DPT
MMR
Varicella
IPV
HiB

Counting each one separately, that's 12.
journeymom likes this.
#4 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post

I'm sorry, that story is complete and utter bs. There aren't even 14 vaccines on the schedule for a 2 year old.
Counting each one separately, that's 12.

Maybe the doctor wanted to add in RV and flu? In any event, possibly getting a detail wrong (12 versus 14) does not mean the story is bs.   It might be,  but who knows?  My crystal ball is broken.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#5 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 09:56 AM

Rv is not given to two year olds. Flu shot is not given this time of year.
#6 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Flu shot is not given this time of year.

Hmmm... then why is Kmart offering free flu vaccines for your kids if you spend $100 or more on back to school supplies? 12 or 14, doesn't show your profession in a good light does it?

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#7 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzam View Post

Hmmm... then why is Kmart offering free flu vaccines for your kids if you spend $100 or more on back to school supplies? 12 or 14, doesn't show your profession in a good light does it?

When did I start working at Kmart?
Ammaarah likes this.
#8 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think this storyn is fake.

No matter how you count there would ot be 14 vaccines.

No medical student would do something like this because the punishment would be too sever.

A doctor would not do soemthing like this. This is physical assault and procedures are done wihout consent only by court order or expreme emergency or under 5150.

journeymom and One_Girl like this.
#9 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

When did I start working at Kmart?

The reference to Kmart is because flu shots are obviously being administered NOW. The difference between you and Kmart, doctor, is you charge for flu shots and they are giving them away "free".

applejuice likes this.

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#10 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:

The reference to Kmart is because flu shots are obviously being administered NOW. The difference between you and Kmart, doctor, is you charge for flu shots and they are giving them away "free".

That's the difference between me and Kmart? Oooookay, then.
#11 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

This story is so obviously fake because no doctor would ever count the number of vaccines incorrectly.

Or did he count them incorrectly?

hepatitis B

diphtheria

tetanus

pertussis

Hib

pneumococcal

polio

flu (yes, they are currently giving flu shots in the U.S.) I couldn't escape the advertisements at RiteAid today.

measles

mumps

rubella

varicella

hepatitis A

meningococcal

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/child/0-6yrs-schedule-pr.pdf

That's 14.

applejuice and SilverMoon010 like this.
#12 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

There is immunological rhyme and reason for sequence and combination of the vaccines. So, not one would give all 14 together. It would render some of them not so effect ice.

Also, it would not be 14 shots because of combos.  

#13 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 03:42 PM

Meningococcus is not on the schedule unless a child is immune compromised or asplenic.

You made the same mistake that she did when she counted the shots and made up her story.
#14 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:

Meningococcus is not on the schedule unless a child is immune compromised or asplenic.

You made the same mistake that she did when she counted the shots and made up her story.

You don't know she made up the story. For all you know the doctor did threaten to give her child 14 shots. He might have been trying to "teach her a lesson" for daring to defy the holy rite of vaccination, because without the baptism of vaccination we are all damned doomed.

#15 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:

Agreed.

Probably not Hep A either unless I am reading the CDC website wrong. It appears that it is only given after 24 months to those who are high risk or who live in states where a widespread mandatory vaccination program is in place (ie it is required for school/daycare) which Indiana is not on that list (which is her location according to the blog.

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#16 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Around here they offer the flu shot as did my dh's pulmonologist offered it to him last week,  and it's becoming a year round available vaccine.......and i can't think of any reason why someone would want to make up a story like that.  

Quote:

Rv is not given to two year olds. Flu shot is not given this time of year.
#17 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:

You don't know she made up the story. For all you know the doctor did threaten to give her child 14 shots. He might have been trying to "teach her a lesson" for daring to defy the holy rite of vaccination, because without the baptism of vaccination we are all damned doomed.

Yeah maybe. Or maybe it makes a great story to add to the paranoia for which people who are anti vaccination get famous for.

I don't think that anyone should vaccinate their child or not vaccinate their child without knowing what the actual research says. I do know that that doing no research and vaccinating is far more common than doing no research and not vaccinating. However the rampant paranoia and hysteria does NOTHING to make the situation better. It makes it worse and it makes it so that people here on MDC who are new and trying to make good decisions have to weed through a bunch of blown out of proportion crap (I mean this in general terms, not specific to this blog post) in order to get any real answers that could actually help make good solid choices.

journeymom likes this.

Alison
Mama to Toad (08/06), Frog (01/09)... and new baby Newt born on his due date, Sep. 8, 2010
#18 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Interesting. She's taken the doctor's name off her post. Someone must have clued her in that libel is a crappy idea.
#19 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 06:38 PM

And now she's made her blog private.

Yup, no reason there to doubt her sincerity!

#20 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:

..or she did not like her blog being discussed over here.  shrug.gif

Having privacy concerns has little to do with whether or not her story is true.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#21 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

..or she did not like her blog being discussed over here.  shrug.gif

Having privacy concerns has little to do with whether or not her story is true.

If she didn't want her blog discussed, why did she submit her post to Gaia Health????  Privacy...she's doing it wrong.

#22 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 07:13 PM

No med student is going to risk that.  They'd be booted out of the program.  No doctor is going to physically assault someone either.  They might shame and scare and mentally screw with you, but they are not going to risk a lawsuit and having their license yanked b/c they physically assaulted someone.  That coupled with her blog being private just screams "I made this up for attention" to me.

obstruct livery vehicles

#23 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 07:35 PM

Here is a story of a teen vaccinated against her will:

http://www.ktradionetwork.com/news-stories-2/student-receives-vaccination-against-will/

Google has numerous other such stories.

I think the story in the OP  is plausible - unlikely, but plausible.

It is unlikely because most doctors are not going to rip a baby out of its mothers arms - or risk a lawsuit.

It is plausible because doctors do overstep bound from time to time - people in all professions overstep bounds from time to time.  I had a doctor overstep a bound with me (not in relation to vaccines).  They are human.  I think an area such as vaccines where doctors are enraged by people who are refusing to vaccinate their babies is an area where extreme type of behaviour might be more likely.  Moreover, I think some professionals do tend to think they can get away with bullying people - who is society going to believe?  It does not usually extend to getting physical but it can.

#24 of 86 Old 08-02-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Here is a story of a teen vaccinated against her will:

http://www.ktradionetwork.com/news-stories-2/student-receives-vaccination-against-will/

Google has numerous other such stories.

I think the story is plausible - unlikely, but plausible.

It is unlikely because most doctors are not going to rip a baby out of its mothers arms - or risk a lawsuit.

It is plausible because doctors do overstep bound from time to time - people in all professions overstep bounds from time to time.  I had a doctor overstep a bound with me (not in relation to vaccines).  They are human.  I think an area such as vaccines where doctors are enraged by people who are refusing to vaccinate their babies is an area where extreme type of behaviour might be more likely.  Moreover, I think some professionals do tend to think they can get away with bullying people - who is society going to believe?  It does not usually extend to getting physical but it can.
Well, if Kevin Trudeau says it, it MUST be true. After all, he's best known for his honesty. Oh, except for those fraud and larceny conviction.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Trudeau

Seriously, though, I don't know any doctors that are "enraged " by someone's lack of vaccinations. And I know lots of doctors. It's really easy to just dismiss a patient with whom you can't reach a mutually agreeable treatment plan. A lot easier than assaulting them.
#25 of 86 Old 08-03-2012, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter

What do you mean, 'private'?  i had no trouble viewing anything on it..

Quote:

MrsKoehn likes this.
#26 of 86 Old 08-03-2012, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter

And it was on Facebook as well...

Quote:

If she didn't want her blog discussed, why did she submit her post to Gaia Health????  Privacy...she's doing it wrong.

#27 of 86 Old 08-03-2012, 03:55 AM

It was blocked for a while. Looks like its back up, with the doctors name removed.
#28 of 86 Old 08-03-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:

Well, if Kevin Trudeau says it, it MUST be true. After all, he's best known for his honesty. Oh, except for those fraud and larceny conviction.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Trudeau
Seriously, though, I don't know any doctors that are "enraged " by someone's lack of vaccinations. And I know lots of doctors. It's really easy to just dismiss a patient with whom you can't reach a mutually agreeable treatment plan. A lot easier than assaulting them.

Treatment for what?  Their non-sick baby?

Ah, so the link I provided may not have been from a great source.  It does not change my point.   The internet is full of stories on doctors who assault patients - here is another one (Boston Globe).  Google and take your pick.  http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/06/05/connecticut-doctor-charged-with-patient-sex-assaults/UebA9tW9rszueRNxLwUTII/story.html

Are you trying to say that doctors never assault patients?

In any event: 

1.  neither I nor you know whether the link in the OP really happened 

2.  yeah, it is plausible.  Doctors are human beings, and human being assault others.

#29 of 86 Old 08-03-2012, 05:42 AM

Are you seriously comparing vaccinating a child to some sick pervert sexually assaulting a patient????
#30 of 86 Old 08-03-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:

Are you seriously comparing vaccinating a child to some sick pervert sexually assaulting a patient????

No. I was trying to point out doctors do assault patients occasionally.  

I am curious as to why you are coming onto the non-vax forum and declaring (and then arguing repeatedly ) that the doctor did not try and take the baby from her arms.  Crap happens.  Sometimes doctors are not perfect.

You can have a hunch on whether it is true or not, but unless you were there you cannot know.  

Mirzam and SilverMoon010 like this.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page