Vaccines ok but not wine?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HOW is it ok to inject my newborn with vaccines containing mercury, formaldehyde, aborted fetal tissue/DNA, and aluminum, among other poisons,...multiple times, but it's not ok for me to paint my toe nails or have a glass of wine while pregnant???? 
kathymuggle likes this.
#2 of 7 Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 PM

Well I wasn't aware you weren't suppose to paint your toenails or have an occasional glass of wine in your last trimester, cause if so ... Woops ! lol. I painted mine the whole time and had wine some when I was in my 3rd trimester and couldn't sleep. I would say as long as you don't overdo it on wine and don't sniff the nail polish, the baby should be fine lol  

#3 of 7 Old 08-03-2012, 03:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It is okay to do that to a newborn because "they" said so....it is not okay to do those risky things while preggo, because "they" said so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaya77 View Post

HOW is it ok to inject my newborn with vaccines containing mercury, formaldehyde, aborted fetal tissue/DNA, and aluminum, among other poisons,...multiple times, but it's not ok for me to paint my toe nails or have a glass of wine while pregnant???? 
kathymuggle likes this.
#4 of 7 Old 08-03-2012, 07:23 AM

I think there was a study that came out recently that said wine is fine. And painting toenails has always been fine, provided you're in a well-ventilated area. But this is the vax forum, so I'm guessing you want to start a discussion about ingredients in vaxes? Or maybe just get a poll of our members, like the one we have up currently in the main vax forum?

Let me know what you're looking for so that I can either point you in the right direction or move this thread to the right place for you! thumb.gif And welcome to MDC!!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#5 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had a glass of wine or two in the last trimester.

But I guess the idea is that vaccines have health benefits (immunity from certain diseases) that are supposed to outweigh the trace amounts of those ingredients.

#6 of 7 Old 08-14-2012, 06:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emaya77 View Post

Your initial statement demostrates a lot of misunderstandings about the contents of vaccines:

Vaccines contain mercury salts, which are different from the very toxic metallic mercury (like table salt is different from chlorine). They contain the mercury salts only in tiny amounts which are dwarfed by the mercury content in typical environmental exposure (ie. breathing in dust etc). 

Vaccines do no contain aborted fetal tissue. A handful of vaccines were developed from viruses which were attenuated (made weaker) by growing them in aborted fetal tissue, but none of the tissue/DNA goes into the vaccine.

Formaldehyde is used to kill the virus so that the protein can be used to induce a vaccine response, but you don't get sick. Again only tiny amounts of this chemical remain in the vaccine. 

All of these contents may sound scary, but they are in tiny amounts (or just not there) and are put there for a reason - either to improve the response of your body to the stuff in the vaccine which induces an immune response, to reduce the danger of catching the disease itself from the thing in the vaccine which induces the response, or to preserve the vaccine and prevent unwanted bacteria etc. from growing in it and making you sick. 

Also drinking wine and painting your nails (even if as OP say may be safe anyway) are not there to help prevent you from disease, and so a lower risk tolerance exists for how they might endager your baby I would argue. 

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#7 of 7 Old 08-14-2012, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

Your initial statement demostrates a lot of misunderstandings about the contents of vaccines:

Vaccines contain mercury salts, which are different from the very toxic metallic mercury (like table salt is different from chlorine). They contain the mercury salts only in tiny amounts which are dwarfed by the mercury content in typical environmental exposure (ie. breathing in dust etc). 

Vaccines do no contain aborted fetal tissue. A handful of vaccines were developed from viruses which were attenuated (made weaker) by growing them in aborted fetal tissue, but none of the tissue/DNA goes into the vaccine.

Formaldehyde is used to kill the virus so that the protein can be used to induce a vaccine response, but you don't get sick. Again only tiny amounts of this chemical remain in the vaccine. 

All of these contents may sound scary, but they are in tiny amounts (or just not there) and are put there for a reason - either to improve the response of your body to the stuff in the vaccine which induces an immune response, to reduce the danger of catching the disease itself from the thing in the vaccine which induces the response, or to preserve the vaccine and prevent unwanted bacteria etc. from growing in it and making you sick. 

Also drinking wine and painting your nails (even if as OP say may be safe anyway) are not there to help prevent you from disease, and so a lower risk tolerance exists for how they might endager your baby I would argue. 

With respect, prosciencemum, your argument of "a little bit of poison...." probably won't fly in this forum. Heard it all before from the pro-vax brigade and, IMO at least, it holds no water whatsoever. #tuneout

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page