Help with IL exemption letter! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-08-2012, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am writing my exemption letter for my son for Pre-K.  My pediatrician looked it over via email and suggested I add in the exact wording of 77 Ill. Adm. Code 655.510 - but I cannot find it anywhere!

Can anyone help me find the wording for 77 Ill. Adm. Code 655.510?  Please help ASAP as I need to turn my son's stuff in today to register!

Thank you!

Vegetarian broc1.gifmother to wave.gif(3/09) peace.gif  (11/10) and belly.gif(4/13)

#2 of 4 Old 08-09-2012, 02:47 PM

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/077/077006950000300R.html

http://www.uis.edu/healthservices/links/law.html#exceptions

Done with diapers!!

#3 of 4 Old 08-09-2012, 03:11 PM

http://www.uis.edu/healthservices/links/law.html#nonimmustu

Quote:

Section 665.510 Objection of Parent or Legal Guardian

Parent or legal guardian of a student may object to health examinations, immunizations, vision and hearing screening tests, and dental health examinations for their children on religious grounds. If a religious objection is made, a written and signed statement from the parent or legal guardian detailing such objections must be presented to the local school authority. The objection must set forth the specific religious belief which conflicts with the examination, immunization or other medical intervention. The religious objection may be personal and need not be directed by the tenets of an established religious organization. General philosophical or moral reluctance to allow physical examinations, immunizations, vision and hearing screening, and dental examinations will not provide a sufficient basis for an exception to statutory requirements. The local school authority is responsible for determining whether the written statement constitutes a valid religious objection. The parent or legal guardian must be informed by the local school authority of measles outbreak control exclusion procedures in accordance with the Department's rules, Control of Communicable Diseases Code (77 Ill. Adm. Code 690) at the time such objection is presented.

(Source: Amended at 20 Ill. Reg. 11950, effective August 15, 1996)

Hope this doesn't violate copyright, just copying the law. 

Done with diapers!!

#4 of 4 Old 08-10-2012, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I realized it should have been 665.510 so that may have been why I didn't find it.

Vegetarian broc1.gifmother to wave.gif(3/09) peace.gif  (11/10) and belly.gif(4/13)

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page