outbreaks and school exclusions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2012, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

I know kids with exemptions can be excluded from school in the event of an outbreak. Does that mean, outbreak at school, or just in general, in the area? I live in WA, and I'm just wondering, with the whole pertussis thing.. should we be bracing ourselves  to possibly be "kicked out"? I got an automated phone call today from the school district. I have not yet filed the exemption form so idk whether its goes to everyone, everyone who hasn't turned in a vax form at all, or whether it went to those who have exemptions filed. it was a reminder of the vaccine requirements for various grades, and talked a lot about the pertussis outbreak. And it got me wondering if this was going to be one of those situations where outbreak=exclusion?

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 06:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Usually a school has to have a certain amount of documented cases and the health dept has to declare an outbreak is happening at the school for exclusions to be implemented.   

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List