chicken pox research? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)

I am on another forum, and your usual pro-vax nonsense abounds.

There have been about 5 people who have posted saying:

"My child was vaxxed but got the chicken pox anyways.  I am so glad they were vaxxed - my doctor assures me they got a lighter case because of the vax."

My hunch (although I lack evidence and stats) is that this is a bunch of BS.  I suspect it is a line health care professionals spin to both sell the vax, and pacify parents whose kids had the vax, but got CP anyways.

Anyone have any evidence or studies that show that CP contracted after vaccination is just as bad as CP contracted without vaccines?

TIA!

Edited to add:  pro-vaxxers: I can find pro-vax documentation on this.  Save yourself the google hunt.  I really am only interested in non-vax or vaccine -questioning links at this point.  

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#2 of 5 Old 08-17-2012, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Only personal observational experience. When my kids had it several vaxed kids got it as well, some cases, regardless of vax status, were mild and others were more severe. 

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#3 of 5 Old 08-17-2012, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 93 Post(s)

My personal experience was thus (none of us are vaxxed for CP)

I had it around 7-9 - it was very mild

My son had it around 4 - very mild

My daughter had it around 4 months old (she was being nursed at the time, she got it anyways).  It was moderate - lots of pox, but no fever or other complications.  She has a scar or two - no biggie.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 5 Old 08-17-2012, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

All three of mine (no vax) were mild to moderate in regards to spots, that is they had spots but not excessive amounts and none in "bad" places. None of them were sick, ie fever, vomiting, diarrhea etc. I never had chicken pox, or I had a sub-clinical dose because I have been exposed more times than I can count.

Oh, as for scars, DD1 has a couple and the other two have none.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#5 of 5 Old 08-17-2012, 07:54 AM

my experience also includes mild cases for all my unvaxed kids...not even scars left..

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page