Sample Massachusetts Religious exemption vaccination letters for elementary aged children? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2012, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there... I think I posted this on the wrong forum.  Does anyone have a sample letter for Mass. religious exemption for elementary aged children?  I'm moving there and not prepared for the schools.  VA has a nice little for you get notarized but not there.  Thanks, 

Stacy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Bumping for input. Anyone have a link?

Old 08-23-2012, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

All you have to do for MASS is state in writing that immunization is against your religious beliefs: for example:

Notice of Religious Exemption to Vaccinations
NAME, SCHOOL

As per General Laws of Massachusetts chapter 76, section 15C (Vaccination and Immunization; Exceptions by Reason of Physical Condition or Religious Belief) I am exempting (NAME OF CHILD) from vaccination because it conflicts with my sincerely held religious belief.

M.G.L. c. 76, ss 15C;
§ 15. Vaccination and Immunization; Exceptions by Reason of Physical Condition or Religious Belief.
No child shall, except as hereinafter provided, be admitted to school except upon presentation of a physician's certificate that the child has been successfully immunized against diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, measles and poliomyelitis and such other communicable diseases as may be specified from time to time by the department of public health.
A child shall be admitted to school upon certification by a physician that he has personally examined such child and that in his opinion the physical condition of the child is such that his health would be endangered by such vaccination or by any of such immunizations. Such certification shall be submitted at the beginning of each school year to the physician in charge of the school health program. If the physician in charge of the school health program does not agree with the opinion of the child's physician, the matter shall be referred to the department of public health, whose decision will be final.
In the absence of an emergency or epidemic of disease declared by the department of public health, no child whose parent or guardian states in writing that vaccination or immunization conflicts with his sincere religious beliefs shall be required to present said physician's certificate in order to be admitted to school.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List