no sickness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-19-2012, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi i am new here. my question is " are there any mothers that have not vaccinated their child(ren) had any experience with their lil ones getting sick???

#2 of 10 Old 08-19-2012, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Both kids had chickenpox, because I took them to a chickenpox party.

One child and I and I had H1N1 flu before the vaccine came out (but we wouldn't have gotten the vaccine anyway). We just rested at home, no treatment necessary.

One child had pertussis. I also got it at the same time. We got better once I learned about treating with sodium ascorbate.

I love that we don't have to deal with any chronic illnesses that are all too common these days. No allergies, no eczema, no asthma, zero ear infections, etc. etc.

#3 of 10 Old 08-19-2012, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)

2 of my 3 kids had chicken pox.  It was no big deal - although I was stuck at home a long time (one gave it to the other so we had illness for about 10 days, a few days of no illness, then illness for 10 days again).

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 10 Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Well, all 3 of mine have had chicken pox (years apart and in different states) and measles all together. I thought the measles were more mild than the chicken pox and easier to get over. shrug.gif

Other than that, they are so rarely sick... no other problems either.

DS-12

DD-7

DD-1

S

DS-14

DS-14      

DD-9

DD-3

"Those who are afraid retreat.
Those who are brave grow greater.
Never fear, always grow."

Sun Tzu

#5 of 10 Old 08-20-2012, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Both of my dds (2y/o + 4m/o) are totally unvaccinated. So far the older one only had two colds with a little fever nothing else. Other than that just the regularly bruised knees from playing lots in the outdoors. Little one nothing so far.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#6 of 10 Old 08-20-2012, 10:43 AM

other than just colds or stomach flu  DS2 had fifths disease.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#7 of 10 Old 08-20-2012, 11:51 AM

My DD who is turning 8 had only the first jab at two months old. (I was in a foreign country and everyone was scaring me into vaccinating her, which I regretted immediately - I felt sick to my stomach for days, just a gut feeling that I did something wrong).

I can't remember how immediate it was I'm just saying around four or five months of age - I'd have to go back and look at her pictures -  when we returned to America (DD was 2 1/2 months old) she got eczema all over her cheeks. Her cheeks were flushed red, and I just thought it was because she was teething. She's had eczema ever since. It comes every season and I mean every season. We tell people it's the changing of the season that makes her eczema flare, but I have a feeling it was because she was vaccinated just that once. It's a crusty ooze sore spot at the side of her mouth which can get a bit embarrassing for her since she's always having to explain to ppl what it is.

Then at two years old, we went traveled to Korea and she had a rash all over her body - hives. We had to go to the hospital to treat her with steroids.

This summer she's been breaking out in hives all over her body - cholinogenic urticaria. She got it at the sea, she had a case of it all over her body at home. She has an over-active immune system, and I "wonder" why.

My child, who is now six months old never been vaxed, is as healthy as a horse, knock on wood. Has passed the three month mark when the first breakout of eczema in my first daughter occurred.

All the baby pictures of my older daughter show her with eczema.

I mean, this is just my story, and it might just be a coincidence, but I'll always have doubts whenever my older daughter has a breakout.

#8 of 10 Old 08-21-2012, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammifera View Post

My DD who is turning 8 had only the first jab at two months old. (I was in a foreign country and everyone was scaring me into vaccinating her, which I regretted immediately - I felt sick to my stomach for days, just a gut feeling that I did something wrong).

I can't remember how immediate it was I'm just saying around four or five months of age - I'd have to go back and look at her pictures -  when we returned to America (DD was 2 1/2 months old) she got eczema all over her cheeks. Her cheeks were flushed red, and I just thought it was because she was teething. She's had eczema ever since. It comes every season and I mean every season. We tell people it's the changing of the season that makes her eczema flare, but I have a feeling it was because she was vaccinated just that once. It's a crusty ooze sore spot at the side of her mouth which can get a bit embarrassing for her since she's always having to explain to ppl what it is.

Then at two years old, we went traveled to Korea and she had a rash all over her body - hives. We had to go to the hospital to treat her with steroids.

This summer she's been breaking out in hives all over her body - cholinogenic urticaria. She got it at the sea, she had a case of it all over her body at home. She has an over-active immune system, and I "wonder" why.

My child, who is now six months old never been vaxed, is as healthy as a horse, knock on wood. Has passed the three month mark when the first breakout of eczema in my first daughter occurred.

All the baby pictures of my older daughter show her with eczema.

I mean, this is just my story, and it might just be a coincidence, but I'll always have doubts whenever my older daughter has a breakout.

My DD is the same way!!  I regretably did 2 rounds of DTaP, but sometime after her 1st one, she went from beautifully clear skin, no baby acne, to a full breakout!  Her poor face in pictures was beet red, took about a month to clear up on it's own.  She had one cold at 4mos (very mild compared to my husband and myself who also had it) so we postponed the 2nd DTaP til 5mos and shortly after she had the ezcema appear at the corner of her mouth.  Currently it's faded, although I can still see the difference in skin texture, but she does have some mild acne on her cheeks and it kills me to see it!  Not sure what's going on with me, but I also have ezcema on my face (both sides of my mouth, ugh) that didn't appear until a few months after DD was born, never had that before.  I was vaxed as a kid (80's, never had a flu shot tho), only booster I've had since was tetanus after a deep puncture dog bite (and knowing what I know now, I might have opted out of that one).  Anyways, the kiddo is pretty healthy, probably more so than me or DH!  Having gone through her issues thus far, plands are for future kids to be totally unvaxed.

#9 of 10 Old 08-21-2012, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My 27mo is unvaccinated as yet. She had nothing in her first year. Since then she has had a new mild URTIs, one episode of vomiting ?cause and is just recovered from what we think was probably influenza although we didn't seek any testing so don't know if it was Influenza A or H1N1.

No chronic health problems so far and nothing which has required more than symptomatic treatment at home.

I should add that she is still breastfed, doesn't attend daycare and has no older siblings.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#10 of 10 Old 08-22-2012, 07:11 AM

My daughter is not vaccinated at 3 years old and has not been ill apart from a tummy bug one weekend and a cold. 

She breastfeeds rarely now (my milk has vanished since getting PG again) and attends a childminders as well as sees other kids often.

She's got some friends that are constantly sick with something but never seems to catch it from them which I find interesting. 

I don't deny vaccine "preventable" diseases exist, so if she did get one I would still treat it normally and seek medical attention if serious. 

I think I saw someone on here say "I'd rather treat a sick child than damage a healthy one" and that really led me to the decision to keep my daughter as healthy as possible with nutrition and non-vaccination so that should she become ill with a vaccine "preventable" (I hate using that term) disease or another serious illness, her immune system would be better equipped to handle both. 

treehugger.gif

Natural Parenting Guidelines

Learn more about Natural Parenting, Holistic Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, Baby Wearing, Cosleeping, Non-Vaccination and Baby Led Feeding/Weaning.

Got something you're passionate about? Come write an article for us and link back to your blog! 

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page