Catholic school exemption - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-22-2012, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is along the same lines of the previous thread of a waiver for Catholics.  We are Catholic, hoping to send our child to Catholic school.  Is there a special religious exemption form for that, since the entire school and most (if not all) of the teachers/faculty will be of the same faith?  It seems that we can't go in there saying "it is against my religion" when everyone there is the same religion.  Of course I could be overthinking it and it may be that easy eyesroll.gif   Anyone go through this same thing?

eta: our state does not do philosophical exemptions

SAHM to DD1 shy.gif, DD2 baby.gif, and one m/c angel.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 11:05 AM
HRJ

We do a philosophical exemption at a Catholic school.  I am not sure about the religious exemption.  I have found the schools I have talked to fairly lax about it but I am sure if varies from state to state.  I would just call the school you are interested in and say "Do you accept religious vaccine exemptions?" I know that if you are in a state that has the philosophical, the school HAS to take the exemption if they receive ANY federal funds and most do in the form of school lunch program.  I don't know if they have to take the religious exemption.  It seems I called a Catholic Montessori school in the area, and they did not take the relgious exemption.  

#3 of 4 Old 08-30-2012, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply!  I think I will wait a bit for the school year to be in full swing before calling in hopes to get a less stressed out answer from the school :)  It makes me angry that we have to dance around like this to do what we feel is best for our children!

SAHM to DD1 shy.gif, DD2 baby.gif, and one m/c angel.gif

#4 of 4 Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRJ View Post

We do a philosophical exemption at a Catholic school.  I am not sure about the religious exemption.  I have found the schools I have talked to fairly lax about it but I am sure if varies from state to state.  I would just call the school you are interested in and say "Do you accept religious vaccine exemptions?" I know that if you are in a state that has the philosophical, the school HAS to take the exemption if they receive ANY federal funds and most do in the form of school lunch program.  I don't know if they have to take the religious exemption.  It seems I called a Catholic Montessori school in the area, and they did not take the relgious exemption.  

Whereabouts are you that the Catholic Montessori did not accept the religious exemption?  We're hoping to get DD into the Catholic Montessori by us (Enfield, CT) and I actually need to start submitting her forms now bc they take applications 2yrs in advance!

Tags
Vaccinations

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page