Any non-vaxers in Nevada with exemption experience? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-26-2012, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're homeschooling our older one, but the younger one wants to stay in school for now.  Hubby keeps getting bounced around for work, and it looks like Vegas might be the next stop.  (We're in NY now and are so blessed to have no problems with our exemption.)  I know Nevada doesn't have a philo exemption, but I feel like someone told me their religious exemptions get passed very easily... yes?  Any experience, I'd love to hear it!  Thanks.

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

#2 of 4 Old 09-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

Anyone have any info to offer? smile.gif

#3 of 4 Old 09-19-2012, 11:52 PM

Hi!  You can ask in the "Nevada" area of Finding Your Tribe for more info, but I used to live in Vegas and got our exemption easy-peasy!  I just followed the suggestions on the websites that give info on the different states' regulations. Here's mine:

December 6, 2007

To Whom It May Concern:

Pursuant to Nevada Revised Statute 392.437, we respectfully submit this written statement that our genuine and sincere religious beliefs prohibit us from vaccinating our child, James_______, born _____.

Sincerely,

Emily_______

Erik __________

NRS 392.437 Immunization of pupils: Exemption if prohibited by religious belief.
A public school shall not refuse to enroll a child as a pupil because the child has not been immunized pursuant to NRS 392.435 if the parents or guardian of the child has submitted to the board of trustees of the school district or the governing body of a charter school in which the child has been accepted for enrollment a written statement indicating that their religious belief prohibits immunization of such child or ward.

#4 of 4 Old 09-20-2012, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter

This is very helpful, thank you so much!!!

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page