It makes me sad when.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 08-30-2012, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hear about family members and others complaining about getting their kids their shots and how they screamed, cried, had to be held down while mom cried too,  how they were fussy afterwards for days, wouldn't eat, wouldn't sleep, diarrhea,  etc, etc....

BeckyBird likes this.
#2 of 19 Old 08-30-2012, 05:34 AM

Me too. It is not easy on anybody in that situation. guilty.gif

Maryhippie.gif

#3 of 19 Old 08-30-2012, 05:46 AM

we have to get our exemption from the health dept here and kids always come out crying, holding their arms. i just try not to look at them. many people think you have to have shots for school, they don't know otherwise!

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#4 of 19 Old 08-30-2012, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I don't get sidetracked by the issue of a child screaming and crying DURING a shot.

That issue is overly magnified by the pro-vaxxers, and used to make it look like that's our main complaint about vaccines; it makes us look like we're ridiculously wimpy mommies who can't stand to see a little boo-boo, like that's all we're fussing about.

I'd be just as upset if it were a chocolate-flavored vaccine lollipop, no pain, all yummers.

The real issue, of course, is the lifetime of autoimmune disorders and brain damage that follows.

#5 of 19 Old 08-30-2012, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

it just bugs me cuz i know that's what they're crying about, and i think about whether or not  they'll be damaged in some way or other...it would bug me just as bad to see kids coming out of a pedi office with vaccine suckers in their mouths...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

I don't get sidetracked by the issue of a child screaming and crying DURING a shot.

That issue is overly magnified by the pro-vaxxers, and used to make it look like that's our main complaint about vaccines; it makes us look like we're ridiculously wimpy mommies who can't stand to see a little boo-boo, like that's all we're fussing about.

I'd be just as upset if it were a chocolate-flavored vaccine lollipop, no pain, all yummers.

The real issue, of course, is the lifetime of autoimmune disorders and brain damage that follows.

#6 of 19 Old 08-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

it just bugs me cuz i know that's what they're crying about, and i think about whether or not  they'll be damaged in some way or other...it would bug me just as bad to see kids coming out of a pedi office with vaccine suckers in their mouths...

Well it looks like you may get your wish.

Take your patch get a sucker.

"Needle-free vaccines have been used before, like nasal sprays and oral, but patches are a new frontier. Today's technology makes creating needle-free vaccines easier than ever, and the Food and Drug Administration has permitted some researchers to begin testing their vaccines on people, NBC New reports."

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/pain-free-vaccines-may-coming-193800539.html

Only problem is that the pain of autism may last several lifetimes, needle or not.

#7 of 19 Old 08-31-2012, 11:01 AM

My son never cried or had any problems when he had is vaccines.  He never cried or screams.  I never held him down.  

He even had more than most because I had the doctor half each dosage.  

#8 of 19 Old 08-31-2012, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't think  the OP implied that EVERY child screams when given an injection. She was merely expressing her sadness when she sees a child that has reacted poorly. Her concern was not just about the pain of the injection itself, but much more than that.  (OP - correct me if Im wrong!) Its great your child took his vaccines like a champ and has had no noticeable reaction. Sadly that is not the experience for many children.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#9 of 19 Old 08-31-2012, 03:57 PM

They always told my Mom it was "normal" for the soreness, the crankiness, crying, redness, fever after the shots. I had my last shot when I got a rusty barn nail (in the muck) through my boot and so far into my foot I have the scar 17 yrs later. I had to get a Tetanus and probably whatever was with it. I was already on crutches bc I couldn't walk, then my arm hurt SO BAD it wasn't even funny for days. I just hate thinking of that on a baby. I know it was a rough-feeling one, but man oh man. Don't want to do that again AT ALL.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#10 of 19 Old 08-31-2012, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

I hear about family members and others complaining about getting their kids their shots and how they screamed, cried, had to be held down while mom cried too,  how they were fussy afterwards for days, wouldn't eat, wouldn't sleep, diarrhea,  etc, etc....

Yah, a few of my friends with kids have been posting things about "everyone got the flu shot today so we're all safe for flu season" huh.gif  And at work they are offering them in the upcoming weeks.  My boss is currently battling stage 4 colon cancer....he's basically had 3/4 of his colon removed, and non stop chemo for over 4 yrs and I cringe to think about him getting a flu shot on top of all his other issues he's battling.  My DD is partially vaxxed and we stopped after her 4mo DTaP - she didn't cry for every shot she's gotten (and no where near as much as she cried as getting her ears pierced..evil mommy I amshy.gif) but it certainly made me feel horrible....and even more so when the screaming continued for days after her first round!

#11 of 19 Old 08-31-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKoehn View Post

They always told my Mom it was "normal" for the soreness, the crankiness, crying, redness, fever after the shots. I had my last shot when I got a rusty barn nail (in the muck) through my boot and so far into my foot I have the scar 17 yrs later. I had to get a Tetanus and probably whatever was with it. I was already on crutches bc I couldn't walk, then my arm hurt SO BAD it wasn't even funny for days. I just hate thinking of that on a baby. I know it was a rough-feeling one, but man oh man. Don't want to do that again AT ALL.

I was just thinking about that the other day.  I had a tetanus shot (DPT or Dtap I guess) at age 13 when I got a cut on my leg, and I couldn't move my arm for a week.  I may have gotten one in college before I studied in Central America, as I got a slew of shots, and I had flu symptoms for 2 weeks.  And I was 20 years old with a fully formed nervous system.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#12 of 19 Old 09-01-2012, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)

I am sad and frustrated when a child gets a vaccine - particularly when it is an infant being vaccinated on schedule.  I can understand the sel/delayed position.  I do not understand the "all vaxes on time" position from those who have done any research on the issue at all.

I am especially frustrated when the parents seem chipper and nonchalant about it.  I can understand doing the research and deciding the pros outweigh the cons for a certain vaccines and choosing to vaccinate.  Every vaccine, though, carries some risk.  I would expect relief that your child didn't have an immediate reaction plus some concern that they might still develop a reaction to be foremost.  This is a serious decision - the nonchalantness gets to me.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#13 of 19 Old 09-01-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokonon View Post

I was just thinking about that the other day.  I had a tetanus shot (DPT or Dtap I guess) at age 13 when I got a cut on my leg, and I couldn't move my arm for a week.  I may have gotten one in college before I studied in Central America, as I got a slew of shots, and I had flu symptoms for 2 weeks.  And I was 20 years old with a fully formed nervous system.

So crazy! Something to make little red flags pop up I would think. : (

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#14 of 19 Old 09-01-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKoehn View Post

So crazy! Something to make little red flags pop up I would think. : (

Yet I completely forgot about all that when my first was vaccinated on schedule.  I wish I had been done some research, any research before letting him get all his shots.  I was one of those that just trusted the doctor and the powers that be.  As such, I allowed my 32-weeker to get his 2-month shots a week after his due date when he weighed about 8 lbs.  :(

I don't regret much that I've done in my life, but I do regret having my preemies fully vaccinated on time until after my 34-weeker's 2 month shots at 2 weeks adjusted age and I thought "What am I doing?  This is crazy!"  But what's done is done.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#15 of 19 Old 09-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfirechick View Post

Yah, a few of my friends with kids have been posting things about "everyone got the flu shot today so we're all safe for flu season" huh.gif  And at work they are offering them in the upcoming weeks.  My boss is currently battling stage 4 colon cancer....

The "flu Shot" is a TOTAL FRAUD.

You can verify this yourself.

“Well who would have thought it, our government and mainstream media have lied to us...yet again. The common factor - large sums of money, billions in fact of corporate money, shareholdings, dividends, etc etc. It's like the MPs expenses all over again but with far worse consequences.”

Deaths Due to Respiratory Causes in the UK, 2009 Cause of Death

Total Deaths

% of Total

Pneumonia

Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease (mainly bronchitis)

Other

Influenza

Total

Source: UK Office of National Statistics

Lies Damned Lies And Swine Flu Statistics

Folks here is the "Flu Threat" we have been propagandized into fearing. Four one hundredths of one percent of the respiratory deaths in the UK. Thirty one total deaths in a country of 62 MILLION! I can assure you the USA threat is similar. Please face the facts folks this lie has a REASON. They want to get that needle into your arm. WHY?   Flu and its Vaccine: What's coming through that needle?

“Less than 20 children a year die [in the US] from influenza. More children than that die from falling off bicycles. I find that flu shots do not work at all.”    Doctor Sherri Tenpenny MD

Flu vaccines revealed as the greatest quackery ever pushed in the history of medicine

The HHS Standard Model of the "Seasonal Flu" is INCORRECT

"Our review found no human experimental studies published in the English-language literature delineating person-to-person transmission of influenza." CDC, Note WOW, think about this awhile, This is because the "seasonal flu virus" exists in ALL of us long BEFORE "flu season" What happens is that the virus enters the body asymptomatically during the summer and many months later when your vitamin D levels drop the virus replicates rapidly and you get "the flu"

"The Hong Kong virus arrived in Britain in August 1968 but despite being a new antigenic variant in a non-immune population did not cause significant illness until winter that year. It had spread widely during the summer without causing epidemic illness, only to emerge when winter came and vitamin D levels in the population dropped. In fact the largest epidemic of Hong Kong flu did not occur until the following winter of 1969. Flu epidemics invariably occur in winter whether in the northern or southern hemisphere. A major factor in these winter epidemics of flu and colds, is almost certainly low vitamin D levels in the population."     Good Vitamin D Treatise

"Over 200 viruses cause influenza and influenza-like illness, which produce the same symptoms (fever, headache, aches and pains, cough and runny noses). Without laboratory tests, doctors cannot tell the two illnesses apart. Both last for days and rarely lead to death or serious illness. At best, vaccines might be effective against only influenza A and B, which represent about 10 percent of all circulating viruses.”    Cochrane also published the following telling statistics:

"Although green tea and zinc help with the seasonal flu, general preventative measures such as influenza vaccination, hand hygiene and facemasks were not associated with the incidence of influenza infection."   Life Extension

If we examine all aspects of the "Seasonal Flu Problem", mortality, method of action and treatment we find the presentation of this health problem as given by HHS is totally incorrect.  This incorrect model pervades Industrial Medicine because HHS spends billions of our tax dollars to promote it. For example CDC spends over one billion dollars/year to promote the useless toxic "Flu Shot" and spends many dollars discouraging the true cure for ALL viral flu as well as the "Seasonal Flu" which is sunshine and vitamin D.

So with the standard HHS model of the seasonal flu being INCORRECT in every aspect how can we expect a solution based on this incorrect model to work for us? More importantly WHY is HHS doing this? With their thousands of PhDs HHS KNOWS the real solution to the "Seasonal Flu".

Deaths from "Seasonal Flu" Many Orders of Magnitude Less than HHS claims

Latest Report on Flu Fatalities: A Shocking Fabrication

“The CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) figures shows that in 2001, there were only 257 deaths directly attributable to flu, and in only eighteen cases was the flu virus positively identified. Between 1979 and 2002, NCHS data show an average of 1,348 actual flu deaths per year—a mere 5.7% of the “new and improved” estimate. The article, published in the British Medical Journal, concludes that “If flu is in fact not a major cause of death, [the government’s] public relations approach is surely exaggerated. Moreover, by arbitrarily linking flu with pneumonia and other lung diseases, current data are statistically biased. Until corrected and until unbiased statistics are developed, the chances for sound discussion and public health policy are limited.”

Folks the seasonal flu is promoted by CDC et al as a deadly disease. The "Seasonal Flu Shot" is promoted as the remedy for this purported life threatening health problem. We now KNOW these are both Egregious Misrepresentations. Why are they lying to us about this important matter? It is VERY important we know.

Life Cycle Model of Flu Virus is Incorrect

IMO The Standard Model of the "Seasonal Flu" is incorrect, following this model to justify "flu shots" thus does not produce protection from the "seasonal flu". ALL  the "seasonal flu prevention" the CDC et al are pushing is WRONG and will NOT prevent seasonal or more importantly ANY viral flu.

The standard model of the "Seasonal Flu" posits you are exposed to the seasonal flu, during "flu season", by contact with the seasonal flu virus, usually from other people already infected with the virus. Then you come down with the flu.

As you will see below this is incorrect.

Toxic mercury laden "Flu Shot" is Totally Inefficacious at Stopping or Treating "Seasonal Flu" The evidence for this is given throughout this protocol.

Thus at all levels the "Seasonal Flu" information given us by HHS is egregiously incorrect.

The ACTUAL Life Cycle of the "Seasonal Flu" virus

"The Hong Kong virus arrived in Britain in August 1968 but despite being a new antigenic variant in a non-immune population did not cause significant illness until winter that year. It had spread widely during the summer without causing epidemic illness, only to emerge when winter came and vitamin D levels in the population dropped. In fact the largest epidemic of Hong Kong flu did not occur until the following winter of 1969. Flu epidemics invariably occur in winter whether in the northern or southern hemisphere. A major factor in these winter epidemics of flu and colds, is almost certainly low vitamin D levels in the population."     Good Vitamin D Treatise

“Studies have found the influenza virus is present in the population year-around; why is it a wintertime illness? Even the common cold got its name because it is common in cold weather and rare in the summer. Vitamin D blood levels are at their highest in the summer but reach their lowest levels during the flu and cold season. Could such a simple explanation explain these mysteries?”  Doctor John Cannell Vitamin D Council

"Some of us presented extensive epidemiological evidence that the seasonality of the vitamin D deficiency may explain the seasonality of influenza epidemics. We concluded that physiological doses of vitamin D would reduce the incidence of influenza, but theorized as well — on the basis of vitamin D’s mechanism of action — that pharmacologic doses might effectively treat cases of influenza.”   Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A Toxicity, Frequent Respiratory

"Research has confirmed that "catching" colds and flu may actually be a symptom of an underlying vitamin D deficiency. Less than optimal vitamin D levels will significantly impair your immune response and make you far more susceptible to contracting colds, influenza, and other respiratory infections. Cold viruses do not reproduce at higher body temperatures, so a slight fever should help you get rid of the virus quicker and help you to feel better much sooner.”   Doctor Joseph Mercola MD

“Vitamin D is a potent antibiotic. Instead of directly killing bacteria and viruses, the steroid hormone under question increases the body's production of a remarkable class of proteins, called antimicrobial peptides. The 200 known antimicrobial peptides directly and rapidly destroy the cell walls of bacteria, fungi, and viruses, including the influenza virus, and play a key role in keeping the lungs free of infection.”  Doctor John Cannell Vitamin D Council

"We know that our bodies make less vitamin D in the winter because there is less sunlight. So the reason we get sick in the winter has nothing to do with the cold; it has to do with the fact our vitamin D levels are lower."  Doctor Robert Rowen MD

We now have reliable evidence that allows us to present a correct model of the complete "Seasonal Flu Life Cycle".

You contract the influenza flu virus, in the northern hemisphere, nominally in about July of the year many months, or YEARS before you get sick with influenza flu symptoms.

Most people NORMALLY exhibit NO flu symptoms at the time they contract the virus. If we contact the flu virus in July why don't we get the flu in July? Because we have adequate levels of vitamin D, due to our summertime exposure to the SUN, to contain the virus. HOWEVER some people very deficient in vitamin D do exhibit flu symptoms. This is the rare "summer flu".

During "flu season" the influenza virus, as well as other viruses resident year round in your body, breaks out of control by your immune system weakened by a lack of vitamin D and you get "flu symptoms". "Flu Season" just happens to be when your blood levels of vitamin D fall to their yearly lowest. Vitamin D enables your antimicrobial peptides to keep the viruses from rapidly replicating.

86% of the "flu like illness" we experience during "Flu Season" is NOT influenza A or B but one of innumerable viruses that are resident within your body year around.

Most of us carry the "seasonal flu virus", perhaps MANY forms of the "seasonal flu virus" and MANY other viruses year around.

You almost never DEFEAT a virus you CONTAIN a virus. You currently typically have MANY strains of MANY viruses in your body. When your vitamin D levels fall low enough many of these viruses may replicate rapidly and you get sick. This usually occurs during "Flu Season" in late winter at EXACTLY the point your sun produced vitamin D is at its yearly lowest.

Note this is the typical annual flu cycle for the average person. It need not happen to you if you are getting adequate sunshine or take vitamin D3 at the daily rate of about 1000 IU/20 pounds of body weight. You are then likely to NEVER get a serious case of the "Flu". Remember 86% of the time you get "The Flu" during "Flu Season" it is not "The Seasonal Flu" but some other virus. Sunshine and vitamin D3 will protect you from ALL viruses including the deadly H5N1 they are trying to get into  your body.

#16 of 19 Old 09-02-2012, 07:02 AM

LouisW….

I do not disagree with you, but...

Pneumonia can develop as a secondary infection after the flu.  

That concerns me far more than the flu.

It is not the flu that concerns me - it is the pneumonia that sometimes develops afterwards.

I am non-vax, but have a child who is prone to chest infections.  The flu scares me.  She will definitely be on Vit. D this winter (I have read a lot of good things about it these past few months)

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#17 of 19 Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 AM

To be fair, the risk of severe arm pain increases with each tetanus shot, so an infant would probably not feel the deep ache that adults speak about in their first tetanus series. I don't feel bad when kids get shots that their patents have researched and agonized about and decided they are the right decision, but I do get what the OP is saying, the nonchalance of routine vaccination and the expectation it is normal to have a sick baby after each vaccine is disturbing.

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#18 of 19 Old 09-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Pneumonia can develop as a secondary infection after the flu.  

That concerns me far more than the flu.

I am non-vax, but have a child who is prone to chest infections.  The flu scares me. 

A child prone to chest infections will NOT IMO be helped by the "seasonal flu vaccination" IMO she will be HARMED. All "vaccinations" bring down our immune systems. Most of the "flu vaccinations" your child will receive will contain MERCURY, ALUMINUM and LOTS of other garbage no matter what they tell you. In addition the "seasonal flu vaccination" ALSO contains the proven abortifactant "H1N1 vaccine" this will IMO probably induce at least some degree of infertility in your child.

Pneumonia can develop as a secondary infection after the flu because the virus causing the "flu", remember it can be ANY virus (or microbe at all) not only influenza A or B, is not IMMEDIATELY destroyed by the VITAMIN D produced antimicrobial peptides mother nature supplies your child's upper respiratory tract to IMMEDIATELY kill viruses, bacteria and other pathogens in your lungs. If this destruction of  the viruses does not take place the viruses can proliferate and WEAKEN both the upper lungs and  the LOWER lungs where pneumonia often develops.

The simple answer to MOST lung problems is VITAMIN D; once the lungs weaken VITAMIN C is required in LARGE amounts to repair the damaged lung tissue. It is quite possible your child needs MORE vitamin C on a constant basis. 1000 mg/day/50 pounds of body weight cannot hurt and it will help prevent heart disease believe it or not.

Vitamin D acquired from the sun or UVB rays from a good sun bed is superior to vitamin D supplements so if you are worried about your child's lungs IMO check out a good sun bed.

Any child with lung problems needs HOURS in the sun with NO sun block IMO. We are losing the sun so the time is NOW.

Once you understand the "flu" you will realize what a harmless paper tiger it is.

The "seasonal flu shot" is just another FEAR based needless DANGEROUS "vaccination". And now it is being used to sneak the very dangerous IMO "H1N1 vaccination" into most people who foolishly allow this poison into their bodies.

applejuice likes this.
#19 of 19 Old 09-02-2012, 12:14 PM

Thanks, Louisw  smile.gif

I am off to look up more info on Vit D and C for lung infections.

edited to add:  Here is a link for anyone else interested in supplements to decrease lung infections in children:

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Vitamin-D-may-decrease-lung-infection-risk-in-children-Study

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page