Military (Army) Mamas: EFMP/Medical Clearance Process? PCSing to Germany. Vax Exemptions? Waivers? Help!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-30-2012, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted much/I'm relatively new here. Mostly I lurk :). I also posted this in the Military Family Life forum, but thought I would check in to see if anyone had any answers about the screening process for EFMP/Command Sponsorship for PCSing to Germany. Any new information on the process would be much appreciated.

We are supposed to leave for Heidelberg in February 2013, and my son, who will be 13 months in February, is not vaccinated. Nor will he be. I have found a few very helpful resources in this thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1226883/my-vax-waivers-us-army#post_16967608

but I am hoping someone with more concrete or recent information can fill me in on what exactly will happen/come up at the screening? If my kiddo won't be enrolled in CDC/DOD anything, will his non-vax status be an issue? Should I just go get a religious exemption/exception to policy request prepared just in case they ask at the screening, or will they definitely ask at the screening?

If there are any other Mamas out there who have been through this recently, please fill me in. I am finding so much conflicting information, and it is so confusing. It seems that a lot of what is involved is simply up to the discretion of whoever is filling out the forms?! duh.gif

Having been a military spouse for several years, I am all too familiar with jumping through the hoops, but am new to the whole kiddo hoops thing, so any help or current information would be very welcome - need to get jumping through them in short order.

TIA!

#2 of 3 Old 09-04-2012, 05:21 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Looks like your post was missed so I thought I'd bump it up for attention. smile.gif

Anyone have anything to share?

#3 of 3 Old 09-07-2012, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

http://www.apd.army.mil/jw2/xmldemo/r40_562/main.asp

AR 40-562

Maybe that might help!

Heidelberg is a wonderful town. Hope you will like it there.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page