Can I Modify the Texas Affidavit? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all! I am trying to get the Exemption from Immunizations for Reasons of Conscience form notarized and done ASAP. It states that I have read their information and "I understand the risks of not vaccinating my child/self."

I am not really comfortable putting my signature on something like that, especially when in my mind any possible risks are so outweighed by the risks of vaccination. Can I modify the language of the document, and if so will it still be just as legally valid? Would it work for the school? Has anyone here done it? Any attorneys out there (I wish)?

I am thinking of possibilities such as striking the entire line, striking only the work not, or writing in something like alleged or purported before risks.

I did read these two threads but didn't really find the answer I was looking for: 

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1059384/texas-affidavit-exemption-from-immunization-for-reasons-of-conscience

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/867968/has-anyone-else-gotten-back-the-new-tx-forms

Thanks a lot for any advice or help!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-31-2012, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would probably not modify it. You believe you understand the risks--doesn't mean you have to reach the same conclusions as other people. In your belief the benefits of not vaxing outweigh the risks, so as far as I'm concerned you can sign that with a totally clear conscience. That's just me. 

Tags
Vaccinations

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page