Rob Schneider Speaks Out Against Vaccines - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 09-07-2012, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMama View Post

Is it really true that there are no tests like what he said?  A bunch of vaxed kids versus a bunch of unvaxxed kids?  Really?  That can't be true.  Vaccines are tested over and over right?  My doc told me the shots have been thoroughly tested and are extremely safe.  Please someone tell me he is wrong (that Rob is wrong lol, not my Dr!)

It was shocking the first time I heard it ...

Pro rights (vaxes).
#32 of 34 Old 09-07-2012, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As a clarification, while I realize it would be fairly ridiculous to mandate that all medications undergo trial/test periods in the decades to see the life long effects, any attempts to forcibly mandate medication (Let alone 70) should require real scientific studies.

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

#33 of 34 Old 09-07-2012, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMunchkin View Post

It was shocking the first time I heard it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMama View Post

Is it really true that there are no tests like what he said?  A bunch of vaxed kids versus a bunch of unvaxxed kids?  Really?  That can't be true.  Vaccines are tested over and over right?  My doc told me the shots have been thoroughly tested and are extremely safe.  Please someone tell me he is wrong (that Rob is wrong lol, not my Dr!)

and I am still shocked.

Sometimes even the registration trials for vaccines are ridiculous, eg. Tetanol pure was only tested on a total of 52 people!!! The benefit-risk-ratio is calculated according to the side effects observed in this tiny group. Plus only the side effects that occured in these 52 people make it into the product information. What does that tell us? Nothing!

And given that some of these trials are maybe run only for a period of a few weeks some only until antibodies can be found.

Even in clinical trials with up to 20 000 people, no risks that are rarer than 1 in 3000 are listed. So staying with the tetanus shot example, lets say 600 000 children will be vaccinated 4 times against tetanus and assuming that every 5000th vaccination series leads to the death of one child. This would have only been recognized during the trials by coincidence. When you do the math though and add this up, hypothetically there could be up to 120 death annually without this certain risk being recognized during the trials and consequently it would not be included in the product information. So much for safety of vaccines.

Rynz likes this.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#34 of 34 Old 09-16-2012, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Right on!

Crunchy Christian mama to my home birthed, unvaxed, uncirc boys Shane and Cody!!joy.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page