Chicken pox party in MA? - Mothering Forums
I'm Not Vaccinating > Chicken pox party in MA?
eska's Avatar eska 09:29 PM 09-15-2012

HI
We shy away from vaccines so I am wondering if chicken pox parties still exist in Mass or if we are no longer seeing any chickenpox? We'd like to find out more.

thanks

emmy526's Avatar emmy526 05:46 AM 09-16-2012

this group may be able to help

emmy526's Avatar emmy526 02:52 PM 10-31-2012

Kids get exposed EVERY DAY at school and any other public places, so that quote holds little water...and if your child has an undiagnosed compromised immune system, you are taking a chance with vaccines anyway, imo.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRSF View Post

Not only that, but you expose your precious child to unknown elements in someone else's BODY FLUIDS - no telling what you are exposing your child to!  And if your child has an undiagnosed compromised immune system - you risk killing your child!

prosciencemum's Avatar prosciencemum 06:51 AM 11-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

Kids get exposed EVERY DAY at school and any other public places, so that quote holds little water...and if your child has an undiagnosed compromised immune system, you are taking a chance with vaccines anyway, imo.  

I doubt they get exposed to chicken pox *every day* these days - since the incidence of wild chicken pox has dropped so significantly due to the vaccination program (in the US).

Edited to point out this is only true in the US. Here in the UK they might well get exposed to CP quite often! ;) 

Up