Poll: VPDs in the Non-Vaxxing Community (Answer questions in #14 if you check varicella.) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: If your child is unvaxxed have the contracted the vpd associated with one of the following vaccines?
None 19 100.00%
Hepatitis B 0 0%
Rotavirus 1 5.88%
Diptheria (DTaP) 0 0%
Tetanus(DTaP) 0 0%
aPertusis(DTaP) 5 29.41%
Inactivated poliovirus 0 0%
Influenza 4 23.53%
Pneumococcal 1 5.88%
Varicella 12 70.59%
Hep A 0 0%
Meningococcal 0 0%
HPV 0 0%
Measels(MMR) 1 5.88%
Mumps(MMR) 0 0%
Rubella(MMR) 1 5.88%
Hib 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 10-15-2012, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

bump...anyone else?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 10-16-2012, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My boys are 5.5 & 3. Neither one has ever been vaxed for anything. DS1 has never had a sick visit in his life! *knock on wood* DS2 had a UTI at 2wks old and croup twice (the first time we did goto the doctor... who prescribed us a humidifier and sent us home :p). :shrug: I do keep hoping to find chickenpox around and expose my boys to it though...
#33 of 37 Old 10-16-2012, 12:53 PM

My five year old son has never been vaxed and he has never had a VPD. As a matter of fact, I exposed him to chicken pox and he never got it.
#34 of 37 Old 10-16-2012, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Just went through a nasty case of norovirus infection. I had it first and then my 2y/o DD1 and 5 m/o DD2.  Now we all feel a spout of a cold coming on but I guess it is just the season for it. Nothing that we could have prevented with vaccines. Both my DDs are unvaxxed.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#35 of 37 Old 10-16-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

I just looked it up, and when CP was added to the schedule varies greatly from country to country (I do not think it is part of the schedule in UK at all, for example).

So, if the Op is trying to sort out CP, there are 2 caveats:

1.  was the CP vaccine part of the vax schedule when your kids were little

2.  Did you deliberately try to have your kids catch CP  (per rachelsmama's point)

Many countries don't vax for it for public health reasons. It's increased shingles and lowered the typical age of shingles in the US.

Book loving, editor mom to 2

#36 of 37 Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 PM

I would be interested to see results from a poll like this for vaccinated children. I find it concerning how many vaccinated children and adults still contract the disease they were vaccinated against.

#37 of 37 Old 10-17-2012, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlacroix View Post

I would be interested to see results from a poll like this for vaccinated children. I find it concerning how many vaccinated children and adults still contract the disease they were vaccinated against.

Well, I had two of the ones I was vaccinated against (1970s schedule): mumps and pertussis. I also had chickenpox but there was no vaccine for it back then.

My kids are both currently not vaccinated and the only VAD we've dealt with so far is pertussis. My up-to-date hubby brought it home and DS got it (he was 23 months old then). I didn't come down with it (my last bout of it was in my late teens) and my unvaxed DD (then 6) didn't come down with it either despite two family members hacking all around her.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   nearly 10 years old; DS  6.5 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page