The Amish and "Vaccination" - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 09-28-2012, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The Amish and "Vaccination"

"I have not seen autism with the Amish. You'll find all the other stuff, but we don't find the autism. We're right in the heart of Amish country and seeing none, and that's just the way it is."   Doctor Frank Noonan Lancaster County, Pa.

"The rate of autism in northeastern Ohio, the nation's largest Amish community, is 1 in 10,000. I should know I'm their neurologist."   Doctor Max Wiznitzer MD Pediatric Neurologist 2005, Note the Amish are under intense pressure to "vaccinate" and many are starting

"The autism rate for U.S. children is 1 in 166, according to the federal government. The autism rate for the Amish around Middlefield, Ohio, is 1 in 15,000."   Doctor  Heng Wang MD, Middlefield, OH, Pediatrics 2005

"Almost every Amish family I know has had somebody from the health department knock on our door and try to convince us to get vaccines for our children. The younger Amish more and more are getting vaccines. It's a minority of children who vaccinate, but that is changing now."   Julia Inion   2005

The Amish before they started to "vaccinate" were almost autism free. This identifiable population of autism free kids was a threat to those pushing the tragedy of "vaccination" on we the people. Clearly the Amish are being more or less coerced into "vaccination" to eliminate this Amish population as a threat to the ongoing tragedy of "vaccination".

Olmstead on The Amish and Vaccination

Looking at the tragedy of Autism in a coldly mathematical manner IMO we can make this statement.    ”If you do not vaccinate your fetuses, newborns and children and you make a few nutritional and lifestyle changes you may decrease the odds that your children will become Autistic from about 1/63 to about 1/20,000 or better.”  

This is proven by the experience of those Amish who DID NOT Vaccinate and HAD a less than 1/30,000 incidence of Autism.

#2 of 15 Old 09-29-2012, 05:33 AM

http://autism-news-beat.com/archives/580
#3 of 15 Old 09-29-2012, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)

From the article Wildkingdom posted:

"Dan Olmsted’s “big break” for coverage of the vaccine-caused autism coverage was a series of stories about two claims: that the Amish do not vaccinate, and that they do not have autism. He wrote at least six articles on this subject between March and October 2005.  To this day, he continues to defend his work.  Yet,  his critics have long since demonstrated 3 facts: The Amish vaccinate;:

Yes, in substantially lower numbers than the general public.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2011/06/23/peds.2009-2599.abstract

they do have children with autism

also in substantially lower numbers than the general public:  1/271
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/myth-amish-don-t-have-autism

The whole amish/autism thing supports the fact that vaccines may contribute to autism.  They vaccinate less (perhaps even far less) and have substantially less autism.  The only caveat to this argument is that they are also a closed gene pool, so they might have been less likely to get autism in the first place (or - maybe not - are other places with closed gene pools less likely to have autism?)

Louis:  This locked thread, post 38 on, has quite a bit of back and forth on the autism/amish debate. Have fun!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1356520/formal-debate-thread-vaccinated-children-are-more-likely-to-have-autism-than-unvaccinated-children/60

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 15 Old 09-30-2012, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Yet,  his critics have long since demonstrated 3 facts:

Did his "critics" state this?

Did Dan Olmsted state this?

"The autism rate for U.S. children is 1 in 166, according to the federal government. The autism rate for the Amish around Middlefield, Ohio, is 1 in 15,000."   Doctor  Heng Wang MD, Middlefield, OH, Pediatrics 2005

"The rate of autism in northeastern Ohio, the nation's largest Amish community, is 1 in 10,000. I should know I'm their neurologist."   Doctor Max Wiznitzer MD Pediatric Neurologist 2005

Come on wake up. Please

#5 of 15 Old 09-30-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

Did his "critics" state this?

Did Dan Olmsted state this?

"The rate of autism in northeastern Ohio, the nation's largest Amish community, is 1 in 10,000. I should know I'm their neurologist."   Doctor Max Wiznitzer MD Pediatric Neurologist 2005

Come on wake up. Please

Who are you talking to, Louis?  

I quoted from the article Wildkingdom posted, and then critiqued 2 of their 3 facts, in blue.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#6 of 15 Old 09-30-2012, 02:30 PM

Well, if we could trust the original info, it would sure be interesting to see what happened after they started vaccinating.  Seems like the very low autism rate on it's own doesn't prove anything about whether vaccinations cause autism.  

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#7 of 15 Old 09-30-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post

Well, if we could trust the original info, it would sure be interesting to see what happened after they started vaccinating.  Seems like the very low autism rate on it's own doesn't prove anything about whether vaccinations cause autism.  

Bolding mine.  Prove?  No it doesn't.  From an environmental factors standpoint, there could be something else they do or don't do besides vaccination that causes their low rate of autism.  It would be really interesting to study groups that have low autism rates and figure out their commonalities.  

#8 of 15 Old 10-01-2012, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

Who are you talking to, Louis?  

Sorry Kathy I was reacting to the wiki hit piece not you. It will not happen again.

#9 of 15 Old 10-01-2012, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post

Well, if we could trust the original info, it would sure be interesting to see what happened after they started vaccinating. 

Oh don't worry HHS has opened two "clinics" in Amish country to "help" the Amish. HHS is spreading FEAR and disinformation and the Amish are starting to "vaccinate". Soon the Amish will be producing autistic kids and every one will be happy. everyone except the poor vaccine harmed kids, their parents and all of us with an ounce of sense in our bodies.

#10 of 15 Old 10-01-2012, 07:18 PM

While I think it would be interesting to see the data, I am not saying that my interest is worth messing with the Amish or their children.

Jayne, sewing up a storm mama to ds1 9/03, ds2 2/09, and 2 sweet furbabies.

#11 of 15 Old 10-01-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

Sorry Kathy I was reacting to the wiki hit piece not you. It will not happen again.

No worries.  Communication online can be tricky sometimes!

#12 of 15 Old 10-06-2012, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Amish farm kids remarkably immune to allergies, study finds

#13 of 15 Old 10-07-2012, 08:00 AM

Thanks for the link, emmy526.

The allergy and asthma rates of the general Swiss population are staggering!

#14 of 15 Old 10-07-2012, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:

Amish farm kids remarkably immune to allergies, study finds

It is not just the Amish who have less allergies.

"Chicago-based Homefirst Medical Clinic, have no known autism and super-scarce allergies in their children, most of whom have had no vaccinations. Two studies done in New Zealand in 1992 and 1995 show that the unvaccinated children clearly have less allergies, less otitis (ear infections), less tonsillitis, less running noses, less epilepsies and less ADHD."

http://vran.org/about-vaccines/vaccine-essentials/vaccination-the-basics/

#15 of 15 Old 10-08-2012, 07:14 PM

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if they were related

Crunchy Christian mama to my home birthed, unvaxed, uncirc boys Shane and Cody!!joy.gif

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page