BeckyBird likes this.

#32 of 44 Old 10-23-2012, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

hondo17's account has been closed. Thanks for the report. thumb.gif

Can I ask did hondo17 do anything more than just that. Yes that was rude, and inappropriate for this board, but as a newbie couldn't they be given the benefit of the doubt? Like a newbie on another of the vaccination boards who appeared to be to be posting purely to promote a new website which has anti-vaccination viewpoints was welcomed to the boards.....

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#33 of 44 Old 10-23-2012, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hondo17 was trolling, pure and simple.

shame, though:  i woulda responded with this link - http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/05/18/us-smallpox-boy-idUSN1744524120070518

Chicharronita and BeckyBird like this.
#34 of 44 Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by threenorns View Post

hondo17 was trolling, pure and simple.

shame, though:  i woulda responded with this link - http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/05/18/us-smallpox-boy-idUSN1744524120070518

Poor Kid! Why vaccinate when the disease has been eradicated and the vaccine itself can do so much harm!

solstices likes this.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#35 of 44 Old 10-23-2012, 04:29 PM

In this case it was the father that was vaccinated and not the child. They vaccinated the father because he was set to deploy to Iraq iwhen this happened. Soldiers are vaccinated for diseases that have been eradicated in the industrialized world (and even the entire world) because of the risk of bio-warfare. Smallpox can be used as a weapon (and has been) so they vaccinate to reduce the risk.

It is incredibly sad that the child had to go through that ordeal and more care should be taken to protect soldiers families. But smallpox vaccinations for some soldiers going into war zones are prudent.
#36 of 44 Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 PM

No need for new branding ..."Teasel root linked to helping true Alzheimer's."

#37 of 44 Old 10-24-2012, 03:45 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

she said she 'couldn't stomach this site anymore'....why should she be given the benefit of the doubt with a statement like that?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

Can I ask did hondo17 do anything more than just that. Yes that was rude, and inappropriate for this board, but as a newbie couldn't they be given the benefit of the doubt? Like a newbie on another of the vaccination boards who appeared to be to be posting purely to promote a new website which has anti-vaccination viewpoints was welcomed to the boards.....

#38 of 44 Old 10-24-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:

I'll check with Cynthia... typically new (and, heck, usually old) members do get a reminder about the UA and the vax forum guidelines before getting the boot, though that may not necessarily happen on the thread.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#39 of 44 Old 10-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:

nono.gif Don't jump to conclusions. He was not removed as a punishment.  He asked to be removed from the forum. 

#40 of 44 Old 10-24-2012, 05:28 PM

Thanks, Cynthia!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#41 of 44 Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 AM

Yes, and not only is aluminum contained in Flu Shots, it is also in almost all children's vaccines.  When getting 6 vaccines at a time the aluminum amounts are at high levels.  There is not enough research on the effects of aluminum, however, pre-mature babies cannot be exposed to a tenth of of what these children are getting.  See Dr. Sears "the Vaccine Book" which tells you how to limit the aluminum exposure of vaccines.  It is an excellent book written by a popular pediatrician

#42 of 44 Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer View Post
aluminum contained in Flu Shots

Flu shots in the United States do not contain aluminum.

Links to flu vaccine package inserts

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm094045.htm

#43 of 44 Old 11-09-2012, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

off topic

http://www.healthsentinel.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2598:study-clearly-demonstrates-that-aluminum-found-in-vaccines-can-cause-neurologic-damage&catid=5:original&Itemid=24

If you scroll down on that page, there is a list of all vaccines containing aluminum. Very interresting.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#44 of 44 Old 11-15-2012, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

Louis, 

Since you seem to think that low vitamin D is cause for everything, how do you explain people who work all day outside with no sunsheild, and who eat plenty of vitamin D getting sick? I live in a farming community- believe me, these people are getting enough vitamin d. 

I read on a lot of health forums about people in sunny climates who continue to be extremely low  in vitamin D and needing to heavily supplement despite going out into the sun. It makes me wonder if environmental pollution is blocking the rays. 

As for the flu shot, No Way José! My dh and I have been shot-less since the 90s when we woke up. Even so, I can't even remember the last time I got the flu...I guess we can safely say we're not suffering from a flu shot deficiency, lol.

applejuice likes this.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page