Yet another "ill informed" medical doctor.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Introducing Dr Mark Reeves of Nelson, NZ who claims Anti-vaccinators [are] immune to reason. Here is Hilary Butler's open letter to Dr Reeves: Emergency doctor immune to reason?

BTW, what a lucky girl Dr Reeve's daughter is, her birthday present is a Gardasil vaccination:

Quote:

Little does my daughter know yet, and I suspect much to her disappointment, she is not getting a pony for her 12th birthday; she's getting the Gardasil shot (it saves on stabling fees and is much easier to wrap).

Yep, I bet she is going to be disappointed. irked.gif

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#2 of 4 Old 10-29-2012, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

puke.gif

shiningpearl and Bokonon like this.

#3 of 4 Old 10-29-2012, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i wonder what he'll say if she's one of the rather high percentage that has an adverse reaction - or, worse, one of the ones that has the ultimate adverse reaction?

"sorry, hon - but it was the stabling fees, you see...."

it'd make a great epitaph.

#4 of 4 Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)

From the first link:

"My experience of the anti-vaccination lobby has been that they seem to be largely comprised of an unwieldy amalgam of hippy flat-Earthers.."

biglaugh.gif

As a parent of teens, I become distressed when parents make their teens get shots.  I understand making the decision for a newborn or young child - they are too young to make the decision.  But a teen?  They should get some say in the matter.  I think it is an abuse of power to make them do non-essential medical procedures.  

threenorns likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page