My tribe (NE B'ham, AL) has failed to respond and I need help ASAP! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-31-2012, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in dire need of a doc (preferably family practice or chiro) to see my newborn who will not give me any trouble about not vaxing. She is 4 days old and the hospital wants her seen by one week, though I am hoping to have a cushion there since she was born on the weekend.
If I hadn't wimped out on hb I could have had her seen at my leisure, but the fact is that I'm now needing to do this search faster than I wanted. If anyone here has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate them.
Thanks,
Moma Hexid
#2 of 7 Old 10-31-2012, 04:53 PM

Can't help much about the area, but my suggestion is to find a family practice, get your newborn seen.  Tell them you are delaying for now.  That way you get in, and can feel the doctor out.  Good luck

Done with diapers!!

#3 of 7 Old 11-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I agree - just have your baby seen by anybody right now. Tell them you are delaying the hep b and other vaccines don't become an issue until 2 months. That way you have some time to look around for an appropriate provider, but can get the hospital off your back. 

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#4 of 7 Old 11-01-2012, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Typed up a whole reply that went *poof* when I hit submit...grrr...

I called and called and got shut down (without vax coming into it) and finally found an urgent care family practice run by a DO that will see her. It's a walk-in clinic, so whenever I can drag my tired behind through a shower and get us together they will see us. Now to figure out how to make sure the hospital will transfer her records and not have anybody freak out...
Thanks for being here to cheer me on while I let exhaustion put me in a tizzy. wink1.gif
Moma Hexid
#5 of 7 Old 11-01-2012, 07:12 PM

Hang in there Mama! I think the "delay" thing will be your best bet.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#6 of 7 Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Does the hospital send someone to accompany you to the appointment and like repossess your baby if you don't go?

Bring back the old MDC
#7 of 7 Old 11-02-2012, 03:25 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

where ever you take her should have the forms and all you do is sign consent for transfer of records.  They should take care of everything from there to do with transfer of records, unless you want to transfer them yourself.  In that case,  call the hospital, sign the appropriate forms for release of your records and carry them to your appt.  Most drs will see an infant for a regular chekcup, regardless of records being there or not (in my experience)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momahexid View Post

Typed up a whole reply that went *poof* when I hit submit...grrr...
I called and called and got shut down (without vax coming into it) and finally found an urgent care family practice run by a DO that will see her. It's a walk-in clinic, so whenever I can drag my tired behind through a shower and get us together they will see us. Now to figure out how to make sure the hospital will transfer her records and not have anybody freak out...
Thanks for being here to cheer me on while I let exhaustion put me in a tizzy. wink1.gif
Moma Hexid

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page