Autism "Danish Study" Author is "On the Run..." Poul Thorsen - Makes US "Top Ten Most Wanted" List - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

http://www.bolenreport.com/Mark%20Geier/poulson.htm

Quote:

There is something else going on here behind the scenes I am about to reveal - how it is that Poul Thorsen actually got caught.  In short, the Autism World banded together and went after him - and they got him.  I'll show you how it was done, and who did it.  Congratulate them, personally, the next time you have an opportunity..

The move was brilliant.  And thorough. 

Bokonon likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#2 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you help explain this article to me?

On the one hand, the CDC paid Thorsen to do a bunch of stories investigating the possible connection between thimerisol and autism. And he did, or at least he published a bunch of studies, but he also embezzeled $2 million, and CDC is going after him for the money.

On the other hand, CDC funnelled Thorsen money to say that there is no thimerisol/autism link. When he did that, they then accused him of stealing $2 million so that he will go to jail and be silenced from telling the real truth?

Is that the argument? I don't get it, because even if Thorsen is made out to be a fraud, that would basically undo his "Danish study" which would be inconvenient for the CDC, right?

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

It certainly is awkward for the CDC, you would think.

WANTED BY THE FEDS: Poul Thorsen, Who Helped Pull Off CDC Vaccine Autism Heist

The indictment

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#4 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)

I just read the indictment link. Wow, what a list of charges!

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#5 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 10:40 AM

so Dr's Walker-Smith and Wakefield, the ones who posited the link betw MMR and autism based on gastroenteric anomalies they found only in autistic-appearing children who had been vaccinated and not in children who were not vaccinated, has been exonerated and the go-to "there is no link" guy is on the run.

the CDC does not require safety studies to be done on vaccines, unlike anything else that hits the market.

and still ppl claim vaccinations are 100% safe.

#6 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

I just read the indictment link. Wow, what a list of charges!

Quote:
10.  After  the  money  was  transferred  to  defendant  THORSEN's 
accounts.  he  moved  the  money  among  multiple  CDC  Federal  Credit 
Union  accounts  and  eventually withdrew it for his own  personal use. 
Defendant  THORSEN  purchased  a  home  in  Atlanta.  a  Harley  Davidson 
motorcycle and  Audi  and  Honda  vehicles  with  the  proceeds  of  his 
fraud.  He  also  obtained  numerous  cashier's  checks  made  out  to 
himself  from  the  fraudulent  proceeds  deposited  at  the  CDC  Federal 
Credit  Union. 
11.  Defendant  THORSEN  obtained  over  $1  million  from  his 
scheme  to  defraud. 

#7 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 182 Post(s)

Thanks for the links - very interesting reads!

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#8 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post

Can you help explain this article to me?
On the one hand, the CDC paid Thorsen to do a bunch of stories investigating the possible connection between thimerisol and autism. And he did, or at least he published a bunch of studies, but he also embezzeled $2 million, and CDC is going after him for the money.
On the other hand, CDC funnelled Thorsen money to say that there is no thimerisol/autism link. When he did that, they then accused him of stealing $2 million so that he will go to jail and be silenced from telling the real truth?
Is that the argument? I don't get it, because even if Thorsen is made out to be a fraud, that would basically undo his "Danish study" which would be inconvenient for the CDC, right?

I don't blame you for not getting it.

The guy is a crook who embezzeled money.  It has nothing to do with the results of that study.

#9 of 16 Old 11-06-2012, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Because it has nothing to do with credibility, right?

If some people refute published papers because of supposed bias, I can also choose to treat the work of a crook and fraudster with a skeptical eye. 

kathymuggle likes this.

Mother to DD#1  s/b @40w 2003 for unknown reasons; DD#2   9.5 years old; DS  6 years old 
  Why are daughters protected but not sons?

#10 of 16 Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

It's funny everyone remembers 'that guy who who lied' (wakefield),  but NO ONE has even mentions Thorsen in mainstream media this time around, when finding someone guilty of wrongdoing in the vaccine dept.  

#11 of 16 Old 11-06-2012, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

It's funny everyone remembers 'that guy who who lied' (wakefield),  but NO ONE has even mentions Thorsen in mainstream media this time around, when finding someone guilty of wrongdoing in the vaccine dept.  

NO ONE mentions him in the mainstream media.

Except here.  http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/13/us-crime-research-funds-idUSTRE73C8JJ20110413

And here.  http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vaccine-autism-researcher-indicted-for-fraud-120224134.html

And here.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/07/autism-vaccine-news_1_n_805373.html

And here.  http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/49566711

And.  And.  And.

#12 of 16 Old 11-06-2012, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

what i meant was he certainly is not getting the negative mainstream media publicity wakefield got and still gets

kathymuggle likes this.
#13 of 16 Old 11-06-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

what i meant was he certainly is not getting the negative mainstream media publicity wakefield got and still gets
Apples and oranges.
#14 of 16 Old 11-06-2012, 10:26 AM

i don't see it as apples and oranges at all.  the point is valid - you mention the name wakefield or walker-smith and doctors froth at the mouth even though they've been exonerated.  this is the only place i've heard of the danish guy.

#15 of 16 Old 11-06-2012, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by threenorns View Post

i don't see it as apples and oranges at all.  the point is valid - you mention the name wakefield or walker-smith and doctors froth at the mouth even though they've been exonerated.  this is the only place i've heard of the danish guy.

In no way has Wakefield been exonerated.  

Wakefield committed scientific fraud and unethical research that played a big part in allowing measles back into the UK.  His name was already big news and well known, a long before his fraud was known, so of course it would continue to be big news even if his wrongdoing had been something unrelated to his study, sort of like how, sadly, there are many men who have murdered their wives and only made the local news or got a brief mention nationally, but then OJ Simpson does (allegedly anyway, I guess, since he managed to get off) and it's huge, huge news everywhere.  But his wrongdoing was directly related to the results of his study, a study which had already had an impact on the general public and people's lives and caused some panic.  

Thorsen stole a million dollars.  Horrible, yes, but not directly related to the individual papers that people are trying to discredit with this (the theft occurred long after they were published, and the research for them would have been pretty much complete before Thorsen even moved to Denmark). Is he getting any less mainstream media attention than any other white collar criminal who has stolen that much? 

Apples and oranges.  

#16 of 16 Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 PM

http://www.ageofautism.com/2012/03/professor-john-walker-smith-exonerated-in-autism-mmr-case.html

Quote:
The welcome decision to exonerate Prof. Walker-Smith is a clear indication that the GMC's case against the Royal Free doctors was manufactured to discredit any association between bowel disease, autism conditions and some of the parents' reported link to the MMR vaccine. The allegations levelled at Prof. Walker-Smith and the Royal Free team now have to be viewed with total scepticism as nothing more than a witch hunt by vested interests at the highest level in Government, media and the pharmaceutical industry.

http://vactruth.com/2012/03/11/general-medical-council-recants/

Quote:

If the GMC is still holding on to its arrogant position that “There is now no respectable body of opinion which supports [Dr Wakefield’s] hypothesis, that MMR vaccine and autism/enterocolitis are causally linked,” may I respectfully inform the GMC that a study performed by a team of doctors at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, involved 275 children that confirmed Dr. Wakefield’s findings regarding bowel disease and the measles virus.  Here are the results: 70 out of 82 children tested positive for the measles virus, but just not any ordinary measles virus....

Quote edited to remove copyright violation.

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page