No Thought Allowed--We're The Health Department! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

http://nocompulsoryvaccination.com/2012/11/09/no-thought-allowed-were-the-health-department/

The latest foolishness, apparently being spread by at least one health department nurse: 

"The reason for the phone call was because the health department had just called the mother of this 10-year-old with whooping cough to let her know that the doctor had informed them of the diagnosis. When the she said, but my child is vaccinated, why did she get the disease? The response was – this is a new strain of whooping cough that is being spread by the unvaccinated to the vaccinated!"

#2 of 13 Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Of course. irked.gif

Well all I know is that if my dd has the slightest sneeze I keep her home from school or any public activities. When she was going to her former public school a couple of years ago she got the chicken pox. I kept her home, and no one else in the school got it. 

And let me get on my soap box and voice my concern about those other kids.

This was a highly-rated school with a 97% vaccination rate. But were the kids healthy? Hell no, judging by the nurse's big box o' pharmaceuticals she had to keep in her office for all the ones with the A to Z medical problems (and this school is in a nice neighborhood with mostly middle-class families).

It also worried me that the parents would often medicate their sick kids and then send them to school, only to have the meds wear off around 11 leaving a classroom full of miserable sneezing coughing children.

I feel so thankful that I can keep my dd with me at home as long as she needs when she's sick or just doesn't want to go, and not have to send her out in the world whether she wants to be out of the house or not because I have to work and my schedule has no room for sick kids. 

#3 of 13 Old 11-18-2012, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh jeez - and non-vaxxers are accused of spreading misinformation??

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#4 of 13 Old 11-18-2012, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicharronita View Post

Of course. irked.gif

Well all I know is that if my dd has the slightest sneeze I keep her home from school or any public activities. When she was going to her former public school a couple of years ago she got the chicken pox. I kept her home, and no one else in the school got it. 

And let me get on my soap box and voice my concern about those other kids.

This was a highly-rated school with a 97% vaccination rate. But were the kids healthy? Hell no, judging by the nurse's big box o' pharmaceuticals she had to keep in her office for all the ones with the A to Z medical problems (and this school is in a nice neighborhood with mostly middle-class families).

It also worried me that the parents would often medicate their sick kids and then send them to school, only to have the meds wear off around 11 leaving a classroom full of miserable sneezing coughing children.

I feel so thankful that I can keep my dd with me at home as long as she needs when she's sick or just doesn't want to go, and not have to send her out in the world whether she wants to be out of the house or not because I have to work and my schedule has no room for sick kids. 

All good points--but please be aware that not all mothers have the option to keep their slighty ill children home.  In fact, I think most DON'T have that option.

And honestly--I don't keep my children home if they have the slightest sneeze, nor do I stay home if I have the slightest sneeze.  Nor do I expect anyone else to.  If my colleague next to me at work is sneezing, I don't freak out, or worry that I might catch whatever he has.  I honestly believe that it's totally unnecessary to keep a child who has the slightest sneeze home.  Sneezing does not equal sick. In many cases, it equals allergy.

For a more severe illness, such as intestinal illnesses, viruses involving fever, headaches, and other more debilitating symptoms, yes, we do stay home.  I am also lucky enough to have a work site that has a space for sick older children.

But most working moms do not have that option.

I don't like the fact that working parents send medicated sick and contagious children to school.  But I also understand that they may have no other option, since the alternative might cost them their job.

#5 of 13 Old 11-18-2012, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Research from the 1970s noted that 25% of pertussis infections in the unvaccinatate are asymptomatic.

The unvaccinated child had a blood test last week and even though they have never had any symptoms of whooping cough nor were they ever vaccinated against this or anything else, the tests came back positive for antibodies but negative for current infection. So just being exposed to the disease in the normal way allowed this child to develop something the fully vaccinated kids seem to have missed out on – immunity to whooping cough.
applejuice likes this.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#6 of 13 Old 11-18-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

All good points--but please be aware that not all mothers have the option to keep their slighty ill children home.  In fact, I think most DON'T have that option.

You're probably right. What a country! Some land of the "free." 

And honestly--I don't keep my children home if they have the slightest sneeze, nor do I stay home if I have the slightest sneeze.  Nor do I expect anyone else to.  If my colleague next to me at work is sneezing, I don't freak out, or worry that I might catch whatever he has.  I honestly believe that it's totally unnecessary to keep a child who has the slightest sneeze home.  Sneezing does not equal sick. In many cases, it equals allergy.

In my dd's case she doesn't get sick very often so when she starts exhibiting "the signs" it's usually because she's had a long weekend staying up late or waking up too early and/or too much junk, and if after all this she went to school I think that would be too much for her. 

I'd rather keep her at home to forestall a bigger problem since I can.

#7 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 AM

Oy. But really, nothing surprises. The stuff I have heard and read... one wonders what is offered at nursing school and med school. One day of happy brainwashing or a how to invent crazy excuses for vaccines? hmmmm

#8 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nia82 View Post

Oy. But really, nothing surprises. The stuff I have heard and read... one wonders what is offered at nursing school and med school. One day of happy brainwashing or a how to invent crazy excuses for vaccines? hmmmm

It's not a day of happy brainwashing.  The entire medical education is supervised by and taught by representatives of the pharmaceutical industry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/03/business/03medschool.html?pagewanted=all

Harvard Medical School in Ethics Quandary

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2009/jan/15/drug-companies-doctorsa-story-of-corruption/?pagination=false

Let's face it, the art of medicine in the Western World is all about allopathic intervention.

I'll be the first to admit that it can and does save lives.

But it's gotten completely out of control; the pharmaceutical industry has managed to convince the entire world that we should buy pills from them for EVERYTHING,  to where every little symptom is managed by a medication--which has side effects--rather than by looking for the cause.  Stomach ache and reflux from eating too much?  Let's put'em on Prilosec rather than changing the diet! The medical industry doesn't turn a profit if you change your diet!

And vaccines follow exactly the same principal.

And that is the basis for the education of today's health professionals.

nia82 likes this.
#9 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:

I'll be the first to admit that it can and does save lives.

Of course it does; allopathy shines when it comes to broken bones or a snake bite or some other unlikely rare crisis. But how much money can it make waiting around for someone to get into a car accident? 

#10 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM

It just never ceases to amaze me what kind of stuff health professionals come up with. Like a resident who once told me if DS had been vaccinated (he wasn't at that point), he wouldn't have gotten the croup. Do they really think I'm that stupid? 

#11 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:

http://nocompulsoryvaccination.com/2012/11/09/no-thought-allowed-were-the-health-department/

The latest foolishness, apparently being spread by at least one health department nurse: 

"The reason for the phone call was because the health department had just called the mother of this 10-year-old with whooping cough to let her know that the doctor had informed them of the diagnosis. When the she said, but my child is vaccinated, why did she get the disease? The response was – this is a new strain of whooping cough that is being spread by the unvaccinated to the vaccinated!"

The nurse got it totally wrong. It should be the other way around. The vaccinated are spreading it.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

#12 of 13 Old 11-19-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nia82 View Post

It just never ceases to amaze me what kind of stuff health professionals come up with. Like a resident who once told me if DS had been vaccinated (he wasn't at that point), he wouldn't have gotten the croup. Do they really think I'm that stupid? 

Yes. 

#13 of 13 Old 11-20-2012, 01:49 PM

Wow. Stories like these make me so mad!! I wish everybody would do the research on vaccines but not everyone has the open mind to research for themselves and not just do what the tv n govt tell you to do! Its amazin bein with like minded mommys =)

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page