Castle Episode & Non-Vaxxers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-18-2012, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Did anyone see the last episode with the guy from the band? He was unvaxxed, at least according to them because he had no antibodies to things like measels, mumps, and polio, which we all know *everyone* has been vaxxed against. Except cult members. Yes, of course that was why he wasn't vaxxed. Now it all makes sense, cause why else wouldn't he be vaxxed. duh.gif

#2 of 8 Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

greensad.gif Castle, why have you betrayed me?? Lol.

I haven't seen this episode yet, and I will not watch it. This is just another example of the connections between pharma, media, and even the entertainment industry. (How can we forget Sid the Science Kid?) You can research who owns the network channels, newspapers, etc. It's a small group with an agenda.

Still a Fillion fan though! love.gif

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#3 of 8 Old 11-18-2012, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post

Did anyone see the last episode with the guy from the band? He was unvaxxed, at least according to them because he had no antibodies to things like measels, mumps, and polio, which we all know *everyone* has been vaxxed against. Except cult members. Yes, of course that was why he wasn't vaxxed. Now it all makes sense, cause why else wouldn't he be vaxxed. duh.gif

Lol  lol.gif

I think painting non-vaxxers as from cults lessens the credibility of the painters, not enhances it.  As the number of non-vaxxers and sel/delayers rise, the choice will become more normalised and the "cult" painters (or those who claim we are all conspiracy theorist, deep into woo, etc) will simply look like stereotypers.

Ah, well, TV!  It never sensationalises anything

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#4 of 8 Old 11-18-2012, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Not missing much. It was not one of their better episodes and was done through the view of a cameraman doing a documentary on the band, which was really irritating. I think I may need to break out Serenity to wash my poor brain out.

ER was great at spewing this kinda stuff. I swear the writers must have been hanging out here to get new story lines.

BeckyBird likes this.
#5 of 8 Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Shoot, my 15 yo loves Castle, I guess I will be explaining a few things to her.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#6 of 8 Old 11-18-2012, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah, I was a little confused as to why THEY were so confused about it, and I chuckled when it turned out he was from a cult.  Whatever, it's network TV -- no big surprise.  

#7 of 8 Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

This is just another example of the connections between pharma, media, and even the entertainment industry.

The CDC is very happy to go out of its way to help shape t.v. viewers' attitudes by supplying Tip Sheets.

Gateway to Health Communication & Social Marketing Practice

Quote:

CDC’s Entertainment Education Program provides expert consultation, education and resources for writers and producers who develop scripts with health storylines and information. Because 88% of Americans learn about health issues from television [shake.gif], CDC recognizes that prime time and daytime television programing are great outlets for our health messages. The CDC works in partnership with Hollywood, Health & SocietyExternal Web Site Icon(HH&S) at the University of Southern California’s Norman Lear Center to share public health information with storyline creators.

Here's a link to the Tip Sheet for "Low Immunization Rates." 

On the side of all the Tip Sheets is a text box that says, "Are you a writer or producer working on a current TV or film project? Contact the program for technical assistance."

BeckyBird and Rynz like this.

#8 of 8 Old 11-19-2012, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicharronita View Post

The CDC is very happy to go out of its way to help shape t.v. viewers' attitudes by supplying Tip Sheets.

Gateway to Health Communication & Social Marketing Practice

Here's a link to the Tip Sheet for "Low Immunization Rates." 

On the side of all the Tip Sheets is a text box that says, "Are you a writer or producer working on a current TV or film project? Contact the program for technical assistance."

Not surprising but scary that even the CDC offers tips on how to write a 'push-vaccines' script

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
―Socrates

Tags
Vaccinations

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page