Link between diet and vaccines - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have there been any articles or studies about the effect of a poor, standard american diet and vaccination vs a healthy, non-chemical diet and vaccinations?  Also, anything specifically about GMOs and vaccines?  I've tried searching but I think it might be too specific. 

For example, I know that there are gut issues related to autistic children and that GMO's are thought to cause gut issues (which is why all these issues have become common in the past 15 years or so).  Maybe there is a correlation between the two? 

SAHM to DD1 shy.gif, DD2 baby.gif, and one m/c angel.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)

In my case, and at least one of my kids' cases, celiac disease was definitely triggered by vaccines. We ate a very healthy diet, but it did contain gluten.

Mine was triggered as an adult, after receiving 4 vaccines simultaneously; 2 were multi-dose vaccines, and 3 contained thimerosal, to which I had a documented allergy, but nobody back then knew vaccines contained thimerosal. (My previous reaction had been to thimerosal in eyedrops.)

My suspicion is that there may be genetic predisposition, but vaccines are the most common trigger.  

Old 11-19-2012, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Ugh, sorry to hear that. greensad.gif I'm not surprised though. 

It may be that even a healthy lifestyle isn't protective enough for withstanding the effects of the questionable ingredients in vaccines if there are too many stressors (or even one like gluten for those who are sensitive to it).

At my daughter's old public school with the high vaccination rate and high amount of chronic health issues, it did seem like most of the kids ate a SAD (judging by their lunches when I'd go sit with them).

Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

DD just had a visit with a naturopath today who confirmed an oat and dairy sensitivity, the oat having been triggered by her Hib vax at 5mos.  We stopped vaxing at that point, she's a yr now, and testing shows no issues with nuts or any of the other 'common' allergies these days.  I'm not going to take my chances at destroying her immune system further after how she reacted to those vaxxes and while we eat a mostly healthy diet, I agree that no amount of healthy food is enough on it's own to combat all the toxins that are out there.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Wow thank you guys for sharing!  Sassyfirechick, how were you able to determine that vaccine as the trigger for the oat sensitivity?  I'm interested to do more research on this because I completely believe it.  Who knows what other things these vaccines are triggering!  We did a VERY selective/delayed vax schedule (if you even call it a schedule) with DD until about 18 months, then stopped completely because of the things I was finding, many of which were here on MDC.  She's almost 3 now and luckily we don't see any negative effects from the vaccines we had done...so far, at least.

SAHM to DD1 shy.gif, DD2 baby.gif, and one m/c angel.gif

Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 PM

My son became lactose intolerant after his 5th DTaP.  He had a fairly significant reaction and then gut issues for months.  He tested negative for food allergies but I finally narrowed down that it was lactose intolerance that lingered.  I often wonder if my daughter's dairy and soy sensitivities as an infant were triggered by her 2 month shots, as her symptoms started after that.  She outgrew the sensitivities, but she also didn't have any more shots!

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basilico View Post

Wow thank you guys for sharing!  Sassyfirechick, how were you able to determine that vaccine as the trigger for the oat sensitivity?  I'm interested to do more research on this because I completely believe it.  Who knows what other things these vaccines are triggering!  We did a VERY selective/delayed vax schedule (if you even call it a schedule) with DD until about 18 months, then stopped completely because of the things I was finding, many of which were here on MDC.  She's almost 3 now and luckily we don't see any negative effects from the vaccines we had done...so far, at least.

The Naturopathic Dr we went to does a testing based on pressure points to determine the sensitivities/allergies.  And based on the timing of the onset to her oat allergy it was exactly one month after her 2nd shots which were done at 5mos instead of 4mos, and bc it was such an odd sensitivity to react to oats and yet she's fine with gluten (they usually go hand-in-hand).  She's seen it in more specific cases where an allergy or asthma have occured after just that vax was given.  I had chosen to stop vaxxing after the 5mos anyways bc of her horrible reactions but this Dr was very supportive and even recommended I not vax her further.  Our regular pedi still asks, but I initial a paper saying no and we leave it at that.  She still believes my daughter never had any dairy issues so thank god I do my own researching!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Not that I don't think vaccines play a huge role in allergies because I absolutely do, but I think that it is very hard sometimes to pinpoint a food sensitivity to a vaccination and it is tempting to assign blame to a vaccination based on timing afterall We have nothing to go on but observation as to when symptoms may start. Food sensitivities can develop any time, regardless of vaccination status. I have a 100% unvaccinated 4.5 year old who has had multiple food sensitivities, none of which started at the same time. Just food for thought.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:48 PM

I have multiple food allergies/intolerances. In my experience they appeared or increased in severity during times of stress in my life. I can believe that a bad reaction could be a source of stress that could trigger a food problem, just as I can believe it wouldn't cause stress for someone else.

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List