The "My Child's Vaccine Reaction" Facebook Page - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-childs-vaccine-reaction/372638272814622

It was created last week and already has over 2,500 likes and various personal stories posted. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unbelievable... There are people on there haranging parents for choosing not to vax, right next to the pictures of their vaccine damaged children!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

That's horrible, but on the other hand it means that these kinds of pages are powerful and effective in showing people the real consequences of adverse vaccine reactions. 

Up until recently you used to see old pictures of children with complications from measles or polio. Now thanks to social media we can see the other side, which is just as heart-breaking.

I notice one of the techniques some of the them use is to post and then delete their comments so there's no evidence of their outrageous remarks.

If I reply to them, I put their name and quote their whole comment so it's there for everyone to see and make note of. 

Some of them have gone so far as to make a fake avatar (like a No on AB2109 picture) to confuse people. 

Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)

What a powerful page.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

Old 12-18-2012, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

this post was on there....horrific, too

Quote:
I have a close friend who works at a doctors office as a receptionist. Shes going to nursing school, but is not even in her clinicals yet. The doctor she has been working for has been allowing, and advising her to be administering immunizations/flu shots and also drawing blood. Again, she IS NOT CERTIFIED IN ANY WAY. She is only supposed to be ans
wering phones. So, being my friend... she is well aware of the dangers of vaccines, however continued to do as she was directed by her employer. The other day, parents with a 7 month old baby came into the office for their babys flu shot. My friend asked a staff member what the dose for a baby was, and she was told incorrectly. She also did not know that the baby had already received one dose of the flu shot already in the month prior. My friend administered a full ADULT dose in the second round of the childs flu shot series. Once she was made aware of this, the doctor advised her that SHE WAS NOT IN TROUBLE, AND THAT HE WAS NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE BABY. NOR, WOULD HE CONTACT THE CHILDS PARENTS TO ADVISE THEM ON THE OVER DOSE ERROR. my friend now feels horrible and cant stop crying. I think this doctor needs to be reported. Does anyone know how to file malpractice or report this in the state of Illinois?
Old 12-18-2012, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Quote:
Once she was made aware of this, the doctor advised her that SHE WAS NOT IN TROUBLE, AND THAT HE WAS NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE BABY. NOR, WOULD HE CONTACT THE CHILDS PARENTS TO ADVISE THEM ON THE OVER DOSE ERROR. my friend now feels horrible and cant stop crying.

That is so disturbing that a doctor could have such a callous disregard for a 7 month old baby's health. I hope the baby is okay. I wonder how often this kind of thing happens?

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Frightening. 

I am just so happy that awareness is growing regarding vaccines. It still sucks out there being non-vax, but slowly word is getting out that vaccines are potentially harmful. At least people are talking about it. 

Non-vaxing, vegetarian, green lovin' mama to two little divas.

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List