"Don't let dispute fool you--get a flu shot" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-23-2012, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Yes. That is actually the title of the article. You can't make this crap up.

http://www.vancouversun/opinion/editorials/Editorial+dispute+fool+shot/7562552/story.html

Major world-renowned scientists have produced studies questioning flu shot dogma. Please ignore all of that and go get your flu shots.

wild.gifbanghead.gif

Anyway, I can't do much posting over the long weekend, but I had to share this gem.

ETA: I have no clue why the link isn't copying correctly, but do be sure to google the title and pull up the article.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The link won't work.

My family has never had any flu shots.
I have a dear friend who lost a family member to the flu and she and her family always get theirs.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

This link works for me:

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/dispute+fool+shot/7564704/story.html

I guess the Vancouver Sun didn't get the memo giving the go ahead to trash the flu shot.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
Old 11-23-2012, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)

"First B.C. Chief Medical Officer Perry Kendall stated in The Vancouver Sun that a Cochrane review of medical studies found that vaccinating health care workers helps protect patients from serious illness and even death.

That provoked one of the authors of the review, respiratory infections expert Tom Jefferson, to write in the Sun that the review found no such thing. And that has led the B.C. Nurses' Union to fight mandatory vaccination of health care workers."

Holy smokes.  The author, who is a respiratory infections expert, says that the Cochrane review did NOT find that vaccinating health care workers protects patients.

The B.C. Chief Medical Officer lies about the conclusion of the study, is caught lying, and the Vancouver Sun says go get that flu shot?

That is insane.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:45 PM

OMG--I found Tom Jefferson's REPLY to the Vancouver Sun!!

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Cochrane+review+vaccine+definitive+health+officer+suggests/7543272/story.html

He was VERY ticked off at the study's being misquoted to further the marketing efforts of the flu shot:

"Misquoting happens frequently in everyday life, and is usually necessary for those who have no arguments.

It is not my place to judge the policies currently underway in British Columbia, but coercion and forcing public ridicule on human beings (for example by forcing them to wear distinctive badges or clothing) is usually the practice of tyrants."

And in the comments below:  Lucija Tomljenovic!

"...health regulators are allowed to spin information whichever way they want to support their decisions and they are never held accountable for misleading the public. They are not only acting as a mouth for Pharma advertising but are also making a mockery out of the informed consent process. Their strategy... is aggressive propaganda, fear-mongering and coercive measures such as mandatory vaccination policies...."

"... no one should be stigmatized for refusing a needle injection nor should they be forced to receive one in the first place. This is Canada, not Nazi Germany."

Old 11-23-2012, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Nice find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

It is not my place to judge the policies currently underway in British Columbia, but coercion and forcing public ridicule on human beings (for example by forcing them to wear distinctive badges or clothing) is usually the practice of tyrants."

Yep.

Quote:

And in the comments below:  Lucija Tomljenovic!

"Indeed regardless of where one stands on the issue of vaccination in general, no one should be stigmatized for refusing a needle injection nor should they be forced to receive one in the first place. This is Canada, not Nazi Germany."

You guys are on the same wavelength! 

Old 11-25-2012, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Hi All, As a reminder, any quotes of copyrighted material must be 100 words or less from an article as long as those 100 words are not a substantial part of the piece. Please refer to the copyright guidelines for more information. Taximom5, please edit the quote (which is currently 171 words) in post #5 to be under 100 words. Thank you, HHM

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 11-25-2012, 11:46 AM

HapppyHappyMommy, my quote was from a FaceBook comment on the Vancouver Sun article; it's not copyrighted material, so I assumed it does not need to be limited to the 100-word limit.

Do you still want me to edit it?

Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

HapppyHappyMommy, my quote was from a FaceBook comment on the Vancouver Sun article; it's not copyrighted material, so I assumed it does not need to be limited to the 100-word limit.

Do you still want me to edit it?

I appreciate your clarification. As explained in the Copyright Guidelines, posting content from other discussion boards or blogs is not allowed; facebook would be considered a message board, so any quotes of facebook comments needs to be removed. Please edit your post.

Thank you, HHM

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Tags
Vaccinations
User Tag List